Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:51 pm

New CSP offer

My wife just received an invitation in the mail today for a 60,000 bonus point offer after $4,000 spend, for the CSP. It came with an invite code. I have never heard of the 60,000 point offer before. She had just applied and been approved for the 50,000 point offer about 2-3 weeks ago. I messaged in through the secure message center and asked for the 10,000 point bump and was told to message them again when she had met the spending requirement and they would honor it. I was approved in late Oct. and have already met the spend and got my bonus, but they wouldn't honor it for myself.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:59 pm

I called recon on Monday on an Ink Plus app and I think the call went well. Is there harm in calling the automated status line?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:10 pm

I applied for the Marriott 80k offer on the morning 12/7 and up to today I still get the 30 day message on the phone. Never had the automated 30 day message this long. Usually it turns into the 2 week with either an approval or decline letter. Could it actually be verification issues? I have 6 chase cards total (4 personal, 2 business) with total limit reaching 61k. I am willing to move credit but that will mean talking to lending which could turn into an ugly denial. I definitely have opened more than 5 cards in the last 2 years. I guess it still the waiting game for me...would have liked to have the card or rejection letter before xmas....
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by silver02accord
I called recon on Monday on an Ink Plus app and I think the call went well. Is there harm in calling the automated status line?
Had you received a denial, or just pending?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by maggersmagoo
Had you received a denial, or just pending?
Sorry, I received a denial letter which was dated 1 day after I applied. I received it in the mail then called recon. No calls to recon before receiving the denial letter-however I did call the automated status line which tried to connect me with a CSR. I was already "denied" at this point though and I never connected with a CSR until I called recon after receiving denial in mail.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by silver02accord
Sorry, I received a denial letter which was dated 1 day after I applied. I received it in the mail then called recon. No calls to recon before receiving the denial letter-however I did call the automated status line which tried to connect me with a CSR. I was already "denied" at this point though and I never connected with a CSR until I called recon after receiving denial in mail.
Thanks. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dodgers702
I applied for the Marriott 80k offer on the morning 12/7 and up to today I still get the 30 day message on the phone. Never had the automated 30 day message this long. Usually it turns into the 2 week with either an approval or decline letter. ...
Do you happen to remember how soon you got a denial letter after the "two weeks" message? After first getting the "30 days" message for a few days, I've been getting the "two weeks" message for at least 7-8 days now re: two co-branded cards but nothing has arrived in the mail.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
Do you happen to remember how soon you got a denial letter after the "two weeks" message? After first getting the "30 days" message for a few days, I've been getting the "two weeks" message for at least 7-8 days now re: two co-branded cards but nothing has arrived in the mail.
I remember applied on a weekend and gave me automated 30 day, then once Monday came around it switch to 2 week message. I believed it stay like that for the next 7-10 days and a couple of day after that I got the denial letter so I would say it was right about the 2 week mark when letter was dispatched. I didn't bother to call the last couple of days but I assume somewhere between 7-9 days after it turned into 7-10 days message since I got the letter around the 12-14th day after application was submitted.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: N/A
Im blocked by the 5/24 online but went in branch, was told i was pre-approved.

I applied and received application pending, and when calling recon I was told it was going through "back-end verification".

Is this probably a declined in anyone's experiences?

Thanks
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dodgers702
I remember applied on a weekend and gave me automated 30 day, then once Monday came around it switch to 2 week message. I believed it stay like that for the next 7-10 days and a couple of day after that I got the denial letter so I would say it was right about the 2 week mark when letter was dispatched. I didn't bother to call the last couple of days but I assume somewhere between 7-9 days after it turned into 7-10 days message since I got the letter around the 12-14th day after application was submitted.
So the automated system switched again from "2 weeks" to "7-10 days" before you got the denial letter? Thanks.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt, Alaska, American, United
Originally Posted by maggersmagoo
I decided I would like to apply for the Ink Plus business card, since I realized I can get 5x points for paying my cell phone and cable bill. I own a rental property, so the rent I collect is what I will use as my business income (approximately $24K). I will apply with my SSN.

I have studied this thread. I realize the Ink Plus card can be very difficult to obtain. I think I have a chance greater than zero, but I don't want to waste a credit pull for no reason.

I have opened 3 credit cards in the past 2 years, and was added as an AU on 1. I've had a Chase Freedom card for a little over 2 years. I spend on it regularly in the bonus categories. In June I got a Chase Hyatt card. In July I applied for CSP. I initially got pending, but called and was able to gain approval. I've spent (and paid off) over $50,000 on the CSP since I opened it. I have a combined total of $72K in available credit with Chase.

From what I have read in this thread, I gather these points are true:

-I should not call in to voluntarily reduce any of my credit lines. If this is an issue Chase may shuffle the money around on their own

-If I receive a pending status, I should NOT call a CSR. This will lead to an interrogation and a likely denial.

-I am under the 5/24 rule, and at any rate this rule does not apply to business accounts. Or is it that business accounts don't count toward the 5/24 rule?

Any other general tips before I apply?
I'm wondering if people are being approved for the business cards (not only for Ink) based on owning rental property. Since income/loss is reported on Sched E (and not C), do the banks consider it to qualify for a business card? I use a property manager who deducts all expenses from the rental income, so I only get a net rent check.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
So the automated system switched again from "2 weeks" to "7-10 days" before you got the denial letter? Thanks.
I am pretty sure it did...and you welcome. Hopefully you hear good news soon!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by pashber
I'm wondering if people are being approved for the business cards (not only for Ink) based on owning rental property. Since income/loss is reported on Sched E (and not C), do the banks consider it to qualify for a business card? I use a property manager who deducts all expenses from the rental income, so I only get a net rent check.
Well, I'll let you know how mine turns out. In my case, I manage my own rental.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure how they validate business income. They can't see your tax returns unless you submit them, or sign a release like you do when applying for a mortgage.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:44 pm

I applied for the CSP card today online... approved in 30 sec. 13k limit on that card.
I also have the Freedom 2k and IHG 7.5k and AmEx Gold. I pay off all my cards in full every month.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jlange311
My wife just received an invitation in the mail today for a 60,000 bonus point offer after $4,000 spend, for the CSP. It came with an invite code. I have never heard of the 60,000 point offer before.
Originally Posted by JBG89
Im blocked by the 5/24 online but went in branch, was told i was pre-approved.

I applied and received application pending, and when calling recon I was told it was going through "back-end verification".
Both of you posted this in more than one thread. Please don't do that; it's a violation of FT rules. Pick one thread & discuss your question there. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.