FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1707643-archived-applying-chase-credit-cards-may-2015-jan-2017-a.html)

rogerg87 May 31, 2015 9:40 pm

If denied for a Chase card, how long do I have to wait to re-apply?

coltonatx May 31, 2015 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by rogerg87 (Post 24898825)
If denied for a Chase card, how long do I have to wait to re-apply?

Never! You're banned for life based on the details you provided.

TMM1982 Jun 1, 2015 3:37 am

Originally Posted by coltonatx (Post 24899045)
Never! You're banned for life based on the details you provided.

:D

Brugge Jun 1, 2015 9:11 am

Originally Posted by italdesign (Post 24898617)
Interesting data point. DH's IHG card app was pending. Now it's been approved. Did not call recon. No new card at all in the last year (was shocked not to get instant approval), but ~13 cards in the last 2 years.

So there is hope yet in pending.

No card at all in the last year? Was he in a coma? :p

I agree it's shocking that with no apps for a year he didn't get instant approval. :eek:

Brugge Jun 1, 2015 9:15 am

Originally Posted by italdesign (Post 24898083)
3.5 months.

^ Thanks, I was thinking we needed to wait longer than that. Will apply around that time frame then...

StartinSanDiego Jun 1, 2015 9:21 am

Just got approved with a credit line reallocation for a Marriott card, my first of the day. That was good news, at least. I have high CL's there but I use all my cards very often.

JaytheBarber Jun 1, 2015 9:27 am

I'm getting ready to apply for a new CSP in a few days. I last applied for the card in April 2013 and the bonus posted on my statement dated June 5, 2013. I PCed to a Freedom card last year. So, the way I see it, as of June 6, 2015, it will have been more than two years since I last received the bonus. Am I right, or do I need to give it a little more time?

beltway Jun 1, 2015 9:35 am

Originally Posted by JaytheBarber (Post 24900971)
I'm getting ready to apply for a new CSP in a few days. I last applied for the card in April 2013 and the bonus posted on my statement dated June 5, 2013. I PCed to a Freedom card last year. So, the way I see it, as of June 6, 2015, it will have been more than two years since I last received the bonus. Am I right, or do I need to give it a little more time?

We don't know if Chase uses a 730-day counter, counts from the start or end of the month, or something else. Personally, I'd wait until July 2015 if I were in your shoes.

airfly56 Jun 1, 2015 9:42 am

Was approved after recon for UA card. But I made a mistake and only waited 2 yrs from last application, not two years from when I got the bonus.

Is there any hope at all, or I definitely wont get the bonus? (The analyst mentioned that I would get it, but I know that doesnt mean anything, she wasn't looking at history, just the offer.)

Insder Jun 1, 2015 9:49 am

There is hope in allowing the applications to take care of themselves when they go pending.

As I mentioned before, I had an AoR for my fiancee last week. I applied for two Chase cards in one night, and one got an approval after a quick chat with a recon agent (the app page went to a # for us to call, where the agent then mentioned the large # of new accounts in the past year but still approved). The second card received a 7-10 business days message with no number to call.

Rather than call and risk a grilling (at least 9 new accounts in the past year), I waited it out, roughly a week later the card has been approved with a similar CL to what was already approved.

Steps I took: Reduced existing credit lines (freed up around 10k), applied for first card, called in, reduced one more CL (freed up about 7k), and then applied for second card.

I've pretty much decided that my goal is to never have a human's eyes see these apps unless we receive a denial letter and have to call recon. The more computerized this process is, the more likely that we can fall through the cracks and go unnoticed.

michael_v Jun 1, 2015 11:23 am

Any recent too many inquiries/apps denial stories for cards other than Freedom and CSP?

Brugge Jun 1, 2015 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v (Post 24901714)
Any recent too many inquiries/apps denial stories for cards other than Freedom and CSP?

I'm assuming your question is about personal cards. If not, there are indeed reports of denials for INK cards that mention too many apps in 24 months.

mitchjp Jun 1, 2015 12:04 pm

Didn't read this thread until after I applied for 3 chase cards this month. My experience has been different than those reported here...maybe because this has been my first AOR. I know I have good credit, but admittedely I don't know my credit score.

Applied for:
Southwest Premier - Autoapproved (already met spend)
Southwest + - Autoapproved (already met spend)
Sapphire Preferred - Autoapproved

Applied for all three over the past 3 weeks. So it seems to me, there is still hope with Chase, but again this could be possible, because up until now, I only had 1 card with a 10+ year history

billybayswater Jun 1, 2015 3:24 pm

Was approved for a second MP Explorer card (got the bonus on the first one about 26 months ago and closed before the annual fee hit), but it was difficult. Currently have the CSP (opened 2 years ago), Freedom (3 years ago), Hyatt (in September) and BA (a couple of months ago). Of these, the CSP is the only card I really use, but spend is fairly low. Also, opened the Citi Prestige in early April and another US Airways card sometime in January or February.

After the application it was pending review and I called recon and was told after review a senior credit analyst would need to review. Called a few days later and got the same answer. Requests to reallocate credit were mostly ignored--someone else had to look at the app. Had about 65k in credit with Chase at the time.

I was eventually approved at 15k, but it took around 10 days. I have relatively high income (~170k) and a J.P. Morgan Private Bank account, which may have helped, but I think I'm at the ceiling with Chase and will not be able to open another card for awhile.

maxmnx Jun 1, 2015 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge (Post 24901965)
I'm assuming your question is about personal cards. If not, there are indeed reports of denials for INK cards that mention too many apps in 24 months.

Denied for Marriott Business on 4/30- "need to see more history on open cards".

I was charging monthly on 5 of the 6 cards, and decided to close the unused one after that. At least $5K per month total on all of the cards.

Not sure if it is interesting or a coincidence that I was declined for a 2nd Ink in 2014 about a year earlier using a 2nd (legitimate) business.