Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 22, 17, 10:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Dec 31, 16, 7:17 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by Kpoxa View Post
Does anyone know if Chase is using data from "Credit Journey" to determine compliance with 5/24 rule? I signed up for Credit Journey service today and was surprised when it showed that I only have 4 credit card accounts opened in the last 2 years. Reviewing my TU report I see that there were 7 CC opened since 2015 but 3 of them are already closed. I am wondering if CJ only shows opened accounts that haven't been closed yet. I remember reading that Chase counts toward 5/24 rule all opened accounts regardless of current status. If that is true it would mean CJ "opened accounts" number is not really helpful if using to determine Chase 5/24 status.
Chase doesn't care if you closed them. The look at how many you've opened in the last 2 years. I believe the only exception is some Amex business accounts?
In my area they us TU.
Old Dec 31, 16, 9:07 am

Does anybody know if the pre-approved in branch offers are typically only for personal cards or business cards as well?
Old Dec 31, 16, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by jjmiller69 View Post
Chase doesn't care if you closed them. The look at how many you've opened in the last 2 years. I believe the only exception is some Amex business accounts?
In my area they us TU.
Chase doesn't go by HPs, they go by reported cards that were opened. Since several banks do not report Business card accounts to a CB, they won't count towards 5/24. The best thing to do is to check your CR and see how many cards are listed there.
Old Jan 22, 17, 1:28 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion continues here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...17-onward.html