Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 22, 17, 10:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Jun 3, 16, 12:02 pm

new to Chase-quick ? on targeted mailers

New to Chase (mainly a Citi person)--and read the wiki regarding the May 22 possible policy change on 5/24 being applied to all Chase cards. So I am definitely past 5/24 (tons of Citi AA cards, one Amex...but no Chase)...but got the 70k United MPE targeted mailer for me in the mail today.

Is Chase like Citi where the targeted mailers override most/all known policy rules? It seems there are some datapoints on MPE denial in the last few weeks but wasn't sure if having a targeted mailer trumps that?

Does auto approval with Chase guarantee the bonus...or do they let you know after receiving card they changed their mind and deny it?

Thanks
Old Jun 3, 16, 12:12 pm

Does anyone know when this offer expires for the 50k Ultimate Rewards?

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...aspx?CELL=6TKV

(I didn't see anything like Amex will tell you "this offer expires on such and such a date")

thanks!
Old Jun 3, 16, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by epaairnow View Post
Is Chase like Citi where the targeted mailers override most/all known policy rules?
I added a new entry to the wiki just now on this point. Flagging it not only to respond to the Q above, but also to invite discussion/correction/whatever.
Old Jun 3, 16, 8:52 pm

Is the Ink Cash 5/24 too or just Ink Plus?
Old Jun 3, 16, 9:15 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Originally Posted by tuccs14 View Post
Is the Ink Cash 5/24 too or just Ink Plus?
both
Old Jun 4, 16, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by mingw View Post
Hi, need advice here...

freedom CL: 5k and 1k. both long time ago
CSP: 30k applied in February
Ink+: 32k applied in early May?
Citi prestige in March,
marriott: 32k applied 4/16 (called in after 1 week pending, had to answer why applied so many cards recently, got approved after 2 more weeks)
2 AMEX charge cards early May.

so yesterday I applied IHG card, same 30 day message as of last time. what's the best I can do to increase chance of approval? call or no call? lower CL? I have exactly 100k total CL with 5 chase cards now...
I had the Marriot and Ink+ card CL lowered to $10k on 5/24.
waited until today and the msg never changed (30 days notice). called in today, she asked the usual questions (income etc., plus why I have a "high" balance of $2900 on one of my citi credit card... odd to me as I routinely have >$3k balance on my cards). she's noted the application for approval but needs another approval (same as my marriott card last time). 5/24 never mentioned.
Old Jun 4, 16, 2:42 pm

Just applied for the UA Visa yesterday and got the "We will inform you within 30 days" message. Got the same response for the INK a few months back, and eventually got the card approved on it's own. The problem is that I would like to apply for some different award cards from different banks (non-Chase). Would it be best to wait until chase has reviewed this application and made their decision before applying for the other cards, or do you think it matters? Thanks
Old Jun 4, 16, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by bobdevens View Post
Just applied for the UA Visa yesterday and got the "We will inform you within 30 days" message. Got the same response for the INK a few months back, and eventually got the card approved on it's own. The problem is that I would like to apply for some different award cards from different banks (non-Chase). Would it be best to wait until chase has reviewed this application and made their decision before applying for the other cards, or do you think it matters? Thanks
No, go ahead and apply for others. It doesn't matter unless you are denied, call recon, and they decide to pull your credit report again.

If it's Amex you want to apply for, then it really doesn't matter because they don't report to the Credit Agencies right away anyway. Also note that you could apply for other business cards and they wouldn't show up on your credit report either - except for banks like Capital One that do report business cards. Good luck,
--Kyle
Old Jun 4, 16, 5:01 pm

Wondering if it's safe for me to apply for Ink+ at this point.

FICO 765. Approved for CSP on 5/14 and Freedom on 5/24. No previous relationship with Chase. I know there is a no more than 2 Chase cards in 30 days rule - was wondering if I applied for Ink+ on the 15th of June if that was too early or if it might be too many Chase cards too fast.

Another option is my significant other. She has only one other AmEx - old account. FICO 760. She has no chase cards, but became an AU on my CSP on 5/14. This would be her first Chase card. Who should apply, and when?

Have some spending coming up and it's for real business purposes, so hoping to get this card ASAP. I probably spend $4k+ a month on business expenses and have a revenue over $6k a month. That's projected, been laying off this business but about to start back up.
Old Jun 4, 16, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Morkai View Post
Wondering if it's safe for me to apply for Ink+ at this point.

FICO 765. Approved for CSP on 5/14 and Freedom on 5/24. No previous relationship with Chase. I know there is a no more than 2 Chase cards in 30 days rule - was wondering if I applied for Ink+ on the 15th of June if that was too early or if it might be too many Chase cards too fast.

Another option is my significant other. She has only one other AmEx - old account. FICO 760. She has no chase cards, but became an AU on my CSP on 5/14. This would be her first Chase card. Who should apply, and when?

Have some spending coming up and it's for real business purposes, so hoping to get this card ASAP. I probably spend $4k+ a month on business expenses and have a revenue over $6k a month. That's projected, been laying off this business but about to start back up.
Either wait or have her do it. Early this year I got the two Southwest cards, waited just over 30 days and applied for the sapphire and Ink Plus. I have a great credit score but got declined for both, and I think it was because they were too close together. I did get the Sapphire through recon but couldn't get the ink Plus. Good luck,
--Kyle
Old Jun 4, 16, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by bobdevens View Post
it be best to wait until chase has reviewed this application and made their decision before applying for the other cards, or do you think it matters?
I've run into this situation. I've always waited.
I think it could matter since your application might have not yet even been looked at, being in a queue to be reviewed.

Better to be safe than sorry.
Old Jun 4, 16, 9:52 pm

It sure seems like the success rate for those who apply for cards in person at a local Chase whom have surpassed 5/24 are having great success. It's early to say, but I may have to consider going that route as additional data comes through.
Old Jun 5, 16, 2:15 pm

I started my credit history back in December, when I got a Discover It card. It has a $1250 credit limit and I've paid the balance in full every month. Even though Discover includes your FICO credit score on every statement, I've gotten "We do not have a credit score for you" on every statement since I opened the card (six billing periods/statements). I applied for the new JetBlue Barclaycard in mid-March and the rep explained me that while she saw I had a good score (I wasn't told what it was), and that she saw all my payments have been in full and on time, she needed a bit more of history in order to approve me.

I've been wanting to get a CSP, should I apply, or should I wait a few more months? I have a checking account with Chase which has been my daily driver for a year now, if that matters.

If I apply and it goes to pending, should I call a reconsideration line or let the system investigate me first?

Thank you!

Last edited by AlligatorAxe95; Jun 5, 16 at 2:23 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 5, 16, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, Marriott PLT, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by AlligatorAxe95 View Post
I've been wanting to get a CSP, should I apply, or should I wait a few more months? I have a checking account with Chase which has been my daily driver for a year now, if that matters.
You should wait for a full year since you start getting credit.

At this moment, your best chance with Chase it either Freedom or FU.
Old Jun 6, 16, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat and 1MM, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hertz PC
I applied for a CSP today, and got the message of "waiting for 7-10 days." I called the reconsideration line thinking that they might want me to reallocate some credit because I have three cards with combined $60K in CL. After the rep verified some personal info and looked at my credit report, she said they would be happy to offer me incremental credit for the card but that it required a senior lender to sign off - this process would take 1 to 2 weeks.

I'm actually thinking of cancelling the UA Explorer card as I recently reached the 1MM status, but I didn't want to mess up the approval process so I didn't mention that.

I'm keeping my finger crossed.

Search this Thread