Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: lots of memberships, not much status
Originally Posted by sdsearch
5/24 is currently not affecting any partner cards.

In theory, if you could apply for a partner card (or if you have one already), you could try "product converting" that to CSP. Whether Chase will let you "product convert" any partner card to CSP, that is the question. (If the partner card does not have the exact same annual fee as CSP, and perhaps in other cases too, you definitely won't be able to convert until you've had the card you're trying to convert for at least one year.)
That's a really good point. Thank you. That does lead me to more questions though:
1. If you had to guess, which route do you think would be more fruitful, your suggestion above or the Ink?
OR
2. Since my 5th newest account is <1yrOld, should I sit out for awhile and ctfd?
Old May 7, 2016, 11:20 am

5/24 is currently not affecting any partner cards.

In theory, if you could apply for a partner card (or if you have one already), you could try "product converting" that to CSP. Whether Chase will let you "product convert" any partner card to CSP, that is the question. (If the partner card does not have the exact same annual fee as CSP, and perhaps in other cases too, you definitely won't be able to convert until you've had the card you're trying to convert for at least one year.)
If someone tries this, please post the results either way.
Old May 7, 2016, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Just to let everyone know how little these messages mean, when I first applied I got the "30 days" message. That quickly changed to the 7-10 days message which is supposed to be "bad". After several days of that, today it changed to "2 weeks", which is supposed to be "good".

I'd say the only reason to call the auto line is to find out if the app has been approved yet. Trying to ascertain your odds of being approved from the message is about as useful as asking a Magic 8 Ball.
Once again, for everyone who is concerned about getting the 7-10 message from the auto line, because the wiki says:

"automated lines responses stating they will notify you in 7-10 days often result in a denial"

After 3 or 4 days of saying 7-10 days on my recent SW Plus app, which only yesterday changed to "2 weeks", today the auto line tells me I have been approved.
Old May 7, 2016, 11:58 am

Once again, for everyone who is concerned about getting the 7-10 message from the auto line, because the wiki says:

"automated lines responses stating they will notify you in 7-10 days often result in a denial"

After 3 or 4 days of saying 7-10 days on my recent SW Plus app, which only yesterday changed to "2 weeks", today the auto line tells me I have been approved.
I tweaked that language a few weeks back to soften it (from "typically indicates denial" to "often," or words to that effect), but I think we've now reached the point where the recordings are clearly not reliable indicators. Wiki updated accordingly.
Old May 7, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: lots of memberships, not much status
If someone tries this, please post the results either way.
I'm thinking about it, but if I follow the "plan", won't really have results for 12 mos.
Old May 7, 2016, 1:57 pm

Would someone kindly let me know how I would be able to obtain a special invite to a Sapphire Card?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Bill
Old May 7, 2016, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by BillyDWilliazs1
Would someone kindly let me know how I would be able to obtain a special invite to a Sapphire Card?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Bill
FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points >

Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs >

Credit Card Programs >

Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)
Old May 7, 2016, 4:13 pm

I applied for the Hyatt card at the beginning of April. I was way more than 5/24 at that time. I did not get an instant approval. Every time I called the automated line, it said wait 2 weeks (never talking to a human operator). After about 30 days, I finally got it approved. So here's another evidence of 5/24 not applicable on partner cards.
Old May 7, 2016, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
I'm not a Chase expert and I'm sure others will chime in, but I haven't seen a single person here mention getting approved for a CSP at 10/24 or anything close thereto, even with banker involvement.
I was 8/24 & was approved for CSP- but I was preapproved-they sent me invitation letter. They sent it again even after I had the card of a month. Slate & CSP preapproved letters were regularly sent in those days
Old May 7, 2016, 11:07 pm
Suspended

How long ago?
Old May 8, 2016, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
To my knowledge and experience this doesn't work. Here is a good summary from Reddit on product downgrade options for Chase partner cards, and while it doesn't discuss product changes, many of the comments do, and say that you have to stay in the same family of cards, ie: United, or Southwest, or Marriott. https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co..._cards_united/

That's consistent with my failed attempts to convert my now closed United Explorer card to a CSP in September or October 2016 (only option was to downgrade to the no AF United card, which I already had) and also my failed attempt to convert my no AF United card to a Freedom Unlimited last month.
Old May 8, 2016, 1:28 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Can I convert my regular sapphire to a freedom unlimited?
Old May 8, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Can I convert my regular sapphire to a freedom unlimited?
Yes
Old May 8, 2016, 5:46 pm

i applied, was not auto approved and friday at about 5:00 i missed a call from Chase Fraud prevention center, referenced the Chase Sapphire and a reference number to call back. When i did the office was closed, would reopen on monday. anyone have this experience??
Old May 8, 2016, 5:57 pm
Suspended

Sounds like a verification call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.