Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 22, 17, 10:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 2, 16, 10:09 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
I have an app pending but no button to check its status.
Old Apr 2, 16, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*A Gold, WN A+ CP, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Gold
I applied for the Southwest Premier card several weeks ago. It went to pending. I avoided the temptation to call in based on my experience talking to a rep months ago re: another application who was adamant that I had "too many accounts opened recently" and refused to discuss my qualifications such as income, total credit portfolio, or credit score. This time around I waited patiently about 2 weeks and it got approved. Chase obviously thought I was at the limit for my total credit exposure, though, as they moved $5k of CL off one of my other cards to open this card-- without asking me.
Old Apr 2, 16, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ryanmcv View Post
Called again (0625 number) and got a much more helpful/friendly rep. He agreed to go over my credit report with me. After a few minutes, he agreed that only 3 accounts had been opened in the past 24 months, so he wasn't sure why I wasn't auto-approved or why the previous rep stated that "too many accounts" had been recently opened.

After verifying my address, income, etc., the new rep approved me with a generous CL and offered to expedite the card shipment because of the inconvenience.

I certainly don't "churn" cards, and I have a squeaky clean credit report, so I'm not sure what Chase's computers saw that prevented an auto-approval. Maybe it's because the Freedom Unlimited is so new? Just glad I was eventually approved.
Congrats on the approval ryanmcv. Is that a personal card application and is the only application you submitted. Thanks for the data point!
Old Apr 2, 16, 10:38 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NttDocomo View Post
Congrats on the approval ryanmcv. Is that a personal card application and is the only application you submitted. Thanks for the data point!
Yep, it was a personal application for the Freedom Unlimited. It's the only application I've submitted (to Chase or anyone else) in the past 10 months or so. My 24 month history is as follows:

- Ritz Carlton Rewards, opened May 2015
- Barclaycard Aviator Red MasterCard, opened March 2015
- Barclaycard Arrival+, opened May 2014 (subsequently closed in July 2015)

So I'm clearly at 3/24. The first rep I spoke to wouldn't tell me how many new accounts was "too many." The second rep (who eventually approved me) made it pretty clear that the limit was 5/24 and agreed that I was under that limit.
Old Apr 2, 16, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky View Post
Can you clarify? Is Chase presenting you the new user interface or the old one? Believe me, if you have the new one, you will know; it is very, very different from the previous interface.
Old Apr 2, 16, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Same here
Old Apr 2, 16, 12:30 pm

Anyone Applied For an INK in the last few days?

Hmmm....

We were told that the INK would be going under the 5/24 rule "sometime in March", but it's now April and no one has mentioned running into that yet. Curious to hear about any INK apps starting 4/1.

If the rumors of March for the INK turn out to be false, maybe the rumors about co-branded cards going 5/24 "in April" will turn out to be false too. I'd very much like that to be the case, since I have to wait until late April to qualify for SW sign up bonuses, and my CP ran out 12/15. DW hasn't had a SW card ever, but she is at 6/6. 2 of those 6 drop off late April, so that's probably a better time for her to apply for 2 SW. But I'd really hate to miss out by waiting too long.
Old Apr 2, 16, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson View Post
We were told that the INK would be going under the 5/24 rule "sometime in March", but it's now April and no one has mentioned running into that yet. Curious to hear about any INK apps starting 4/1.

If the rumors of March for the INK turn out to be false, maybe the rumors about co-branded cards going 5/24 "in April" will turn out to be false too.
Another reason for skepticism: if this were happening, you'd expect at least some of the Usual Suspect bloggers -- I'm looking at you, Bowtie, Lucrative, and View from the Referral -- to be beating the drum on it as well, or at least corroborating the rumor.
Old Apr 2, 16, 1:16 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by beltway View Post
Can you clarify? Is Chase presenting you the new user interface or the old one? Believe me, if you have the new one, you will know; it is very, very different from the previous interface.
I guess I still have the old version.
Old Apr 2, 16, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Anyone has more than 8 personal Chase card here? I wonder if it makes sense for me to apply. I pro actively reduced the credit limits of each but don't know if they will dislike me having too many open accounts with them...
Old Apr 2, 16, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by beltway View Post
I guess I still have the old version.
Or maybe not. I can see the button on my business cards account and the interface looks the same as my personal cards.

Last edited by Ed Janowsky; Apr 3, 16 at 7:25 am
Old Apr 3, 16, 12:04 am

Applied for Ritz-Carlton card, called right after that, was denied based on aggressive credit seeking in last 24 months(18 accounts). Called next week again, same result; tried one more time this week and was approved after shifting some CL from a diff card.
Old Apr 3, 16, 12:37 pm

First Post

1 DP

Automatic approval for the Chase MR 80k offer this morning with a 16k CL. At application I was 6/24. Automatically added to my chase online and visible as expected.

Second signup bonus for this card, the other bonus being the 70k +no AF + 1 night cert back in early 2014. Just made it past the 24 month window in time for this offer.

Great forums
Old Apr 3, 16, 12:59 pm

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by 11_38 View Post
First Post

1 DP

Automatic approval for the Chase MR 80k offer this morning with a 16k CL. At application I was 6/24. Automatically added to my chase online and visible as expected.

Second signup bonus for this card, the other bonus being the 70k +no AF + 1 night cert back in early 2014. Just made it past the 24 month window in time for this offer.

Great forums
Congrats and welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Apr 3, 16, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Rajnish View Post
Applied for Ritz-Carlton card, called right after that, was denied based on aggressive credit seeking in last 24 months(18 accounts). Called next week again, same result; tried one more time this week and was approved after shifting some CL from a diff card.
Congrats! Nice to see your persistence paid off!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: