Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Old Apr 1, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by ryanmcv
Do all of the recon phone numbers in the wiki route to the same office/department? Just wondering it it's worth trying a different number on my second call. My initial call was to the first recon number listed (ending in 0625).
That's the number you want to call. Just try again and talk to different rep. If you have only added 3 in the last 2 years, then the previous rep was probably sniffing glue. Either way, just try again. Often, it takes 2 or more attempts on recon
Old Apr 1, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by haarpquake
I recommend calling back. I've had a couple approvals in past years from, not the first, but the second recon agent with whom I spoke. Not 100% approval rate, but 2 out of 3 or 4 for sure.

Can anyone attest to the difference in level of grilling versus approval rate for INK cards comparing a B&M agent's grilling to that of a phone rep?
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Second this and would like to hear what everyone thinks, whether to call in for Ink, especially with the 2 weeks pending message (while 5/24 is imminent). I am not worry about the grilling, but that the CSR will reject if they see I have a personal card application approved few days ago.

Also if I called and get rejected, will it make sense to call again? Last time I did that they said they saw my call record and a decision was made, asking why I am calling again. Did anyone experience that? Thanks for all tips and help.
Originally Posted by Irish80
That's the number you want to call. Just try again and talk to different rep. If you have only added 3 in the last 2 years, then the previous rep was probably sniffing glue. Either way, just try again. Often, it takes 2 or more attempts on recon
Called again (0625 number) and got a much more helpful/friendly rep. He agreed to go over my credit report with me. After a few minutes, he agreed that only 3 accounts had been opened in the past 24 months, so he wasn't sure why I wasn't auto-approved or why the previous rep stated that "too many accounts" had been recently opened.

After verifying my address, income, etc., the new rep approved me with a generous CL and offered to expedite the card shipment because of the inconvenience.

I certainly don't "churn" cards, and I have a squeaky clean credit report, so I'm not sure what Chase's computers saw that prevented an auto-approval. Maybe it's because the Freedom Unlimited is so new? Just glad I was eventually approved.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Called again (0625 number) and got a much more helpful/friendly rep. He agreed to go over my credit report with me. After a few minutes, he agreed that only 3 accounts had been opened in the past 24 months, so he wasn't sure why I wasn't auto-approved or why the previous rep stated that "too many accounts" had been recently opened.

After verifying my address, income, etc., the new rep approved me with a generous CL and offered to expedite the card shipment because of the inconvenience.

I certainly don't "churn" cards, and I have a squeaky clean credit report, so I'm not sure what Chase's computers saw that prevented an auto-approval. Maybe it's because the Freedom Unlimited is so new? Just glad I was eventually approved.
Glad it worked out and congrats on the approval.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 3:28 pm

Applied for the Freedom online on 3/25 and application went pending. Prior to the Freedom I was at 4 cards / 24 months. I applied for SPG minutes later and was instantly approved. Checked the Chase application status line yesterday 3/31 and the status changed from the 2 weeks message to the 7-10 days. Today, received a call from Chase requesting verification and was approved following that call. Card is now showing up online. So echoing the data from another post that the 7-10 day message on the application status line can also point to verification issues. I have a CSP which was approved on 2/22, which also needed verification however my status was always 2 weeks until I called into verify.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't wonder about that. Auto-approval can be blocked by something as simple as an extra or missing comma or a differently abbreviated address or your stated annual income being 1 dollar different that they expect (for whatever reason), etc, etc.

The only thing you should be wondering about is why a human declined you at first for "too many new accounts".
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
asking why I am calling again. .
You seem very anxious to talk to Chase.

Wait for them to call you. (tip)
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:32 pm

The following was added recently to the wiki:
Now we can check Application Status ONLINE:
After logging in click "Customer Center" tab and look at the lower right corner (under the title "Open A New Account").
I'm inclined to delete this for two reasons:
  • Chase is rolling out a new user interface with a very different look & new tab/section labels.
  • I have a pending CC app, but there's no info about it--even that it exists--on the account app status page.
What are others seeing?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:52 pm

Called the 0625 number just before 6pm MST today and the recording said they were closed. Should I call another number or should I just wait till Monday and try again?

CSP app March 24th with 5 new cards in 24 months, and that includes an AU card too so I'm under the 5/24 rule.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:43 pm
Suspended

How are you people calling and getting an automated line with app status? Everytime I call the number it sounds like I am being transferred to a human.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:02 pm

This number tends to automatically forward me to a CSR --> (800) 432-3117 – General Application Status Line, automated
This number has worked for me to simply find out status --> (800) 436-7927 – Alternative General Application Status Line, automated
I believe you have to hit # 1 3 to enter your ssn.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Thanks, 436 worked for me
Old Apr 2, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Application status is not available online

Originally Posted by beltway
The following was added recently to the wiki:

I'm inclined to delete this for two reasons:
  • Chase is rolling out a new user interface with a very different look & new tab/section labels.
  • I have a pending CC app, but there's no info about it--even that it exists--on the account app status page.
What are others seeing?
I see the same on my account. One app is pending and verifiable via phone but is not showing on my online account under "Application Status".
Old Apr 2, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I found a button on my chase interface to check app status, it seemed to be new. I clicked it for kicks but I have no apps pending and it said same.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 9:38 am
Suspended

the Chase app link on interface doesn't seem to include CC apps. It didn't have either of my pending ones.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by TMM1982
the Chase app link on interface doesn't seem to include CC apps. It didn't have either of my pending ones.
Good to know. Like I said, I don't have any pending ones and had never seen the button before either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.