Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:21 pm

United Business app 9/1ish
Denied 2 weeks later

Stats 10ish card in 2yrs. 3 business. 5 chase cards(1bus and 1 pers in 2yrs). 820 score 3yr average history and 10-15yr longest account. 1 new home loan and one refi in last 2yrs.

Denied Factors adversely affecting the decision.
-Too many request for credit/new accounts
-Average age of accounts
-Too many credit inq

Prior to applying lowered my credit on united personal by 10k. Limited spend on chase cards and no banking relationship. Didn't call.

Other previous business application(chase and others) I've usually had to call to answer questions about business income(rentals same tax id).
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Originally Posted by Brugge
Other than INK, which despite her very real full time business, Chase refuses to give to her.
I was denied for this after calling in (my online app said call). tried 3 different agents. so the next day i went to the chase location near me the next day and opened a business checking account. deposited $10K. the agent said he'd do what he could to get me the ink. was approved a couple days later. BUT i only had 4 cc apps in the last 24mo... (i'm new at this). i imagine she might be getting denied because she has too many HPs in the last 24mo. chase is has been strict on their new rule.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
I got turned down for a United Business Card because they said my company revenue was too low as I just have a small sole proprietorship. Is there any way to contest this reasoning for the rejection?
What did you put as your income? Chase CSRs have stated that your business income has to be at least twice the minimum CL for the card you're applying for. If I remember correctly, minimum CL for that card is $5k.

You never know for sure when the CSRs know what they're talking about, but Chase CSRs are better than some companies.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by Denver Enzo
datapoints: all apps 9/17/15

Me, Chase BA Visa. Hard decline; too many inquiries. 21+ in 24 months, 6 in 6 months. 831 Fico (barclays). Currently have UA Explorer (low limit, no credit to move)and 2 Inks. $2000 in Chase checking.

Wife, Chase UA Explorer. Instant approval with $24,000 line! 13+ inquiries in 24 months, 7 in 6 months. Currently has only 1 Ink. No bank accounts. 765 Fico (barclays).

EDIT: Wife BA Visa. Instant Approval with $24,000 line! Figured she might as well hit that hard pull again!

EDIT #2: Me, Hyatt Visa. Instant Approval with $24,000 line! Second app of the day. Bizzarro world at Chase! Should I call back to reconsideration and request some of this silly line be used for the approval of declined BA card or would that be poking the bear?
My experience there is that the CSRs can't see cards you applied for that day. We had a pair of SW cards approved the same day, and when I offered to move CL from the first card (which was instantly approved) to the second, the rep had no idea what card I was talking about. It apparently hadn't shown up in their systems yet.

If you've got another one that you can move credit from, it might work.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by Smileesha
Data point: 4 new cards in the past 24 months, plus 1 AU account. I figured no guts no glory, and applied for a CSP. Received 7-10 day language and opted to phone in. I spoke with a perfectly cordial rep who told me that this is a "hard decline" for "too many applications in the last 2 years." When I asked about the AU, she told me that since I have access to that credit, it counts as a new account. No amount of explaining seemed to change this thinking.
The trick to getting the AU's taken off the count is to not deal with the front line agent. They don't typically have the power (or the willingness to use it) to remove the AU's. Specifically, say that the denial is unacceptable because of X (your excellent credit, your excellent record as a Chase customer, whatever) and you wish to lodge a complaint about it. Complaint is the key word. Front line agents don't deal with unhappy customers. A different department does. That department is more willing to accommodate requests such as removing AU's from your card count.

My advice: call and try again, and begin with that magic word.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:51 am
Formerly known as jlars77

Opening Chase checking/CC application

I received the $300/$200 offer for checking/savings and thought I would do that and simultaneously apply for the Chase BA card in-branch. Curious if Chase does a HP on new checking accounts (no existing depository accounts) and thus I could get away with one hit.

My guess is no...but I thought it was worth asking before I pull the trigger.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: DL, Marriott
I opened up a CSP a few weeks ago. The first payment due date is October 17 for $0.00. I am wondering, when does my first statement actually cut? I want to make sure I'm getting the points I should be...I see I'm getting roughly 49K points but I'm not sure what came from the bonus, what came from the AU bonus, what's from 2X dining/travel, and what came from online shopping, so I want to be able to see that, but the 'See Rewards Activity' doesn't get updated for me until my statement cuts.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:28 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by pritomd
I opened up a CSP a few weeks ago. The first payment due date is October 17 for $0.00. I am wondering, when does my first statement actually cut? I want to make sure I'm getting the points I should be...I see I'm getting roughly 49K points but I'm not sure what came from the bonus, what came from the AU bonus, what's from 2X dining/travel, and what came from online shopping, so I want to be able to see that, but the 'See Rewards Activity' doesn't get updated for me until my statement cuts.
Not sure where you're looking but if you go to the Ultimate Rewards site, then click on your points balance in the upper-right corner and click "Rewards Activity" for your CSP, that should bring you to a page which will show a breakdown of "Earning on next statement" by category, including 2x bonus categories and the signup bonus. Right now I am earning a 40K sign-up bonus on my next statement and it shows that in the pie chart on the right. But I think this pie chart might not show up until you've had at least one statement.

But, unless you've spent $24K+ on the card, I think it's safe to say you're getting your 40K signup bonus with the 49K points earned.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, BA Avios, AAdvantage
Question Declined for Chase Shappire, Business Ink Plus?

Hi there!

I recently was declined from the Chase Sapphire since I've had too many cards in 24 months I also own a business, do you think I would be also declined if I apply for the Business Ink Plus?

Thanks!

Old Sep 19, 2015, 3:44 pm

What's the latest conventional wisdom on a "30 days" result from a (cobrand) business app? Wait it out to hear if approved? Or call sooner?
Old Sep 19, 2015, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Tavoludo
Hi there!

I recently was declined from the Chase Sapphire since I've had too many cards in 24 months I also own a business, do you think I would be also declined if I apply for the Business Ink Plus?

Thanks!

I just moved your post to this forum. Check the wiki for Chase's new, strict, policy on their cards. Probably out of luck on the Ink + too.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TMM1982
No thanks. I don't want Hyatt points to be devalued.
Citi should partner with Wyndham. Big program with no transfer-to ability yet.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
I'm not clear if that total $51K CL is all with Chase. If it is, I'd certainly lower it to closer to $30K to increase your chances of being auto approved.
I would shoot for more like 3k.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by aradisc
What's the latest conventional wisdom on a "30 days" result from a (cobrand) business app? Wait it out to hear if approved? Or call sooner?
Got the 30 day result last week for a Southwest Premium personal. Assumed it would be declined since had same card declined about 6 months ago for too many cards opened in 24 months. I was doing an App o rama, so decided to just throw it in and give it a try. When I heard the 30 days, I figured no point in calling since recon was useless last time around. Called automated line again a few days ago and got the you have been approved message. So it was about a week between hearing 30 days, and getting the approved message.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by aradisc
Feel free to call the CDC (Chase Denial Center) if that's the result you want. But if you read the last few pages, the answer is clear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.