Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Old Jul 2, 2016, 11:15 am

Approved Marriott Biz - over 5/24

I applied for the Chase Marriott Business Card with 100K point bonus on June 30, 2016. Before applying my total credit card approval numbers were 11/24 with 2 being business cards. I am an AU on handful of other accounts.

I didn’t receive immediate confirmation, but 2 days later, the account showed up along with my other Chase accounts, and in calling the application status line 888-338-2586 and entering my SS#, it informed me that I had been approved.

I have a legitimate small business with over $150,000K coming into my business bank account yearly. I use my Chase Ink Plus as my primary business card, and my Ink Bold and my Ink Cash sparingly.

Before applying, I had 3 Chase Business cards with a total credit limit of $28,600 and 2 Chase Personal cards with a total credit limit of $12,000. I reduced these credit limits 4 weeks before applying. For the Marriott card, I was granted an $18,000 credit line.

Since January 2013, I have also been approved for 7 additional Chase cards that I have cancelled once the annual fee came due.

Credit score is higher than 760.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: CSP, IHG, United MileagePlus, BA, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, SPG, HH
Chase United MileagePlus Business Card declined

I just applied for two Chase IHG cards (one for me and one for my wife) and two Chase United MileagePlus Business cards. Both of the IHG cards were confirmed immediately, but the two business cards were both declined. The reason given was "too many requests for credit or accounts opened with us," but these are the first cards I've applied for under my business (an S-Corp) name aside from a Wells Fargo Visa I've had for at least a decade. Isn't business credit separate from one's personal accounts? The tax number is obviously different. Also, this is only my wife's third application for credit in the past 24 months. Her credit is treated separately from mine, isn't it?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, liongate

The UA forum focuses most on UA flying, use of status and credit card benefits and the uses of miles. The credit card application process is better covered in the the FT Chase credit card forum.

Will move your post there and hopefully the experts there can help you.

Hope to see you back in the UA forum to use your miles.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Jul 3, 2016, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by liongate
Isn't business credit separate from one's personal accounts?
Have you ever asked to provide the proposed cardholder's SSN?

The tax number is obviously different. Also, this is only my wife's third application for credit in the past 24 months. Her credit is treated separately from mine, isn't it?
Yes.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 4:26 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Isn't business credit separate from one's personal accounts?
Not really. Business cards are personal debts, and applications are approved based primarily on your personal credit history and income. How many other cards issued by Chase do you have, and how recently were they opened?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: Aadvantage, Alaska, SPG, United
I got approved for my second cc biz with chase (Marriott) and I'm 8/24. I got the ink+ in May. Sole proprietor with ssn. I didn't have to call.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by frugaltraveller0487
I got approved for my second cc biz with chase (Marriott) and I'm 8/24. I got the ink+ in May. Sole proprietor with ssn. I didn't have to call.
Thanks for the report. I've added it to the wiki.

According the FT reports I've run across (& added to the wiki), the Marriott business, Hyatt, IHG, and Fairmont co-brand cards remain unaffected by the 5/24 policy.

The seeming absence of successful 5+/24 apps for the UA (biz & personal), BA, & Marriott personal cards suggests that these are now restricted.

If I'm overlooking relevant FT reports (that is, post-May 22 approvals from people over 5/24, and not denials purportedly because of 5/24) or strong evidence from other quarters--say, reddit--please chime in.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:44 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by beltway
Thanks for the report. I've added it to the wiki.

According the FT reports I've run across (& added to the wiki), the Marriott business, Hyatt, IHG, and Fairmont co-brand cards remain unaffected by the 5/24 policy.

The seeming absence of successful 5+/24 apps for the UA (biz & personal), BA, & Marriott personal cards suggests that these are now restricted.

If I'm overlooking relevant FT reports (that is, post-May 22 approvals from people over 5/24, and not denials purportedly because of 5/24) or strong evidence from other quarters--say, reddit--please chime in.
Thanks again, Beltway, for your diligent work on the Wiki posts. It is noted and appreciated.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Any data points on success of CSP app if pre-qualified by Chase, even if at 5/24? My pre-qualification just popped up after never being there before.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA 1mm, Starwood gd, BA, Delta, Cont, United, US air
Chase policy change on cards for multiple businesses

I was recently denied a bonus on a Chase United cards because I previously received the bonus for the cards on anouther business. Has anyone else experienced this problem. I called in four times over three months before the finally sent me a letter.rbc100
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by rbc100
I was recently denied a bonus on a Chase United cards
because I previously received the bonus for the cards
Had you received the bonus less than 2 years ago?

Not sure if you have seen the wiki in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...esent-290.html
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Have you ever given your SSN when you apply for the cards?

That's your answer.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA UAL USAir Hyatt Hilton Marriott
Bonus After Reconsideration Call

I've searched the thread and don't see any data points on this question, so here goes. I applied for the Chase Mileage Plus card last week during the 70K bonus period and received a pending message. I received a denial letter citing too many cards in 24 months yesterday. I would like to call the reconsideration line to move some credit around in order to see if they would approve my app. My questions is if the app is approved during the reconsideration call, would I get the bonus points offered at the time of my original application (6/28) or the subsequent approval (sometime this week). I'd like to see if anyone has any experience with this before making the call. Thanks for any information the forum can provide.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Coloradomom
I've searched the thread and don't see any data points on this question, so here goes. I applied for the Chase Mileage Plus card last week during the 70K bonus period and received a pending message. I received a denial letter citing too many cards in 24 months yesterday. I would like to call the reconsideration line to move some credit around in order to see if they would approve my app. My questions is if the app is approved during the reconsideration call, would I get the bonus points offered at the time of my original application (6/28) or the subsequent approval (sometime this week). I'd like to see if anyone has any experience with this before making the call. Thanks for any information the forum can provide.

You should get the offer that came with your initial app. Since the recon is an override basically rather than a new app (I assume
That's how they've done it in their system).

I would make sure to confirm with the rep, however.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
deleted

Last edited by televisor; Jul 9, 2016 at 2:53 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.