Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by festriaqua
Wouldn't the rep record comments from my last call thus influencing the supervisors decision on my next call?
I think this is true, so you could frame your request for reconsideration by stating that there are a few factors (you'll need to think some up) you forgot to mention to the first agent that you'd like to have the supervisor consider, and that's why you're calling.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:03 am

Wouldn't the rep record comments from my last call thus influencing the supervisors decision on my next call?
No, and if you read the post you are quoting from, as well as many others on this thread, while there are no guarantees, this has been known to work many times in the past. The concern you mention only applies to apps with Barclays, (and possibly B/A), not Chase, Citi, or AMEX...
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by muji
I think this is true, so you could frame your request for reconsideration by stating that there are a few factors (you'll need to think some up) you forgot to mention to the first agent that you'd like to have the supervisor consider, and that's why you're calling.
The Supervisor is not bound by the CSRs previous decision, that's why you ask to talk to a Supervisor in the first place.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Applied in branch, went from 30 day waiting message, to 7-10 days notice, faxed in my id for verification, message said 7-10 days notice, and switched back to 30 days notice - was trying to search for this datapoint but not finding it easy.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:26 am

I've been getting the "two weeks" message since March 31, when I applied for a Marriott Visa. They haven't asked me to call and verify anything, not that I'd be inclined to do so anyway. I lowered my credit limit on the Chase card I received in November by a significant amount, so I know there's some wiggle room there. Really starting to wonder if they're going to deny me.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Gold
Matching Referral to Targeted Offer

I've got a family member who got an offer for a Chase United 50K points for 2K spend in 3 months in the mail. I can generate referral offers for 30K points for 1K spend. If they sign up for my referral offer and then ask Chase to match the mailed offer at the higher spending level, is it safe to assume they'd get the match and I'd still get the referral points? I know Chase is almost always great about matching offers, but don't know if the referral changes that.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Applied online today for CSP and the application was pending. I called the reconsideration line, answered some questions and was told the application was declined due to 5/24. I told them I have only 4 accounts in the last 24 months and the rest are authorized cards from my spouse. He updated the profile and was unable to approve the app.

Is there anything I can do to rectify this?
Following up on my last post.

As many of you have suggested, I called back again today to speak with a supervisor about this app. There was no supervisor on duty so I was passed to a senior rep instead. I explained the authorized cards are not my responsibility and have been a good chase customer with good credit. The rep corrected the noted and resubmitted my app. I was approved instantly.

Thanks for all your help!
Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mareh
I've been getting the "two weeks" message since March 31, when I applied for a Marriott Visa. They haven't asked me to call and verify anything, not that I'd be inclined to do so anyway. I lowered my credit limit on the Chase card I received in November by a significant amount, so I know there's some wiggle room there. Really starting to wonder if they're going to deny me.
I applied for Hyatt on the same date. Been sitting on 2-week message as well since then. Very annoying as I leave for a trip where I would have loved to use this card starting this weekend. Oh well.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by adambadam
I applied for Hyatt on the same date. Been sitting on 2-week message as well since then. Very annoying as I leave for a trip where I would have loved to use this card starting this weekend. Oh well.
Interesting. I wonder if there was some kind of technical glitch that day, or if they're just unusually busy. In the past few weeks, I've also noticed that if you send a secure message through the Chase website, they either don't answer at all, or they take four or five days to send a form response that doesn't address the question. In the past, I usually had good customer service through the secure message system.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 6:02 pm

Card Converted

If I convert my Citi Premier to a Citi Double Cash, will Chase count the new Double Cash card toward the 5/24 rule?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by adambadam
I applied for the Chase Marriott Business card a little over 2 weeks ago and I still get the 30-day message. I decided to not call as I have in the past. At some point, if the "30-day message" doesn't change, I may consider calling.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:59 am

Last night I applied CSP first and got approved right away. I then applied IHG one minute after I submitted CSP. The screen after IHG app submission was something like 'we received your application information' without any message regarding the wait time.

I called the app status automated line today. The only information I got is the approval status which should be for CSP. Is this normal? Is my IHG app missing on their side?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:36 am
Suspended

You need to close all browser windows and re-submit it.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:43 am

So the IHG application was not really submitted?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:53 am
Suspended

No. Otherwise, it would have been on the status line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.