Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
If I have Chase Ink Biz Preferred and Chase Ink Biz Cash, would there be an issue to apply for the Ink Biz Unlimited?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
If I have Chase Ink Biz Preferred and Chase Ink Biz Cash, would there be an issue to apply for the Ink Biz Unlimited?
You can go for all 3 Ink cards (CIP/CIC/CIU)

As a sole proprietor you can actually do each card twice -- once using SSN as biz tax ID and once using EIN as biz tax ID (EIN is free on IRS website)
aSiAnRiCk, ginmqi and cuthroat like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Jatan
You can go for all 3 Ink cards (CIP/CIC/CIU)

As a sole proprietor you can actually do each card twice -- once using SSN as biz tax ID and once using EIN as biz tax ID (EIN is free on IRS website)
What if you have multiple legit business and respective EIN - can you go 3 times instead of usual 2?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by vm81
What if you have multiple legit business and respective EIN - can you go 3 times instead of usual 2?
Chase ties the bonus to business tax ID so you can get a bonus for each SSN/EIN (Amex ties it to SSN so only one biz card bonus) -- as a sole prop the IRS will only give you one EIN so you can only do it twice

If you have an actual business w/ diff EIN then you should be able to get another card -- I think someone on Reddit or online blog mentioned getting a 3rd CIP so it should be possible (search around or ask on daily question thread on Reddit Churning)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:38 pm

I have a rental property which is my "business" but my annual expenditures are pretty minimal (for business). Assuming I'm approved and get the bonus, how long should I wait before downgrading to a no-annual fee INK card. I don't think I would get benefits equal to the $95 annual fee of this card so not a long term keeper for me.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by pdragn78
I have a rental property which is my "business" but my annual expenditures are pretty minimal (for business). Assuming I'm approved and get the bonus, how long should I wait before downgrading to a no-annual fee INK card. I don't think I would get benefits equal to the $95 annual fee of this card so not a long term keeper for me.
One year.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:16 pm

You may want to get the bonus of the other INK cards before downgrading. I am not sure if Chase will approve you for a card you already (have for the same business). There are DPs for being approved for the same credit card if you have a different business.

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
One year.
Why one year? If you are referring to the Credit CARD Act, doesn't the Act only apply to personal cards and not business cards?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by robchow
Why one year? If you are referring to the Credit CARD Act, doesn't the Act only apply to personal cards and not business cards?
If you want to stay on the good side with Chase? It has nothing to do with the CARD Act, but to avoid being flagged by the bank's algo. There are already DPs elsewhere that people are denied on new applications despite under 5/24 because they have taken advantage (abuse) the downgrade / upgrade options.

While AMEX has written it into its T&Cs for taking adverse action against people who dont keep their cards for 12 months, Chase has written it into the Algo without mentioned it anywhere in written form but you would find out when your account is being flagged by the system, one way or the other.
sdsearch, ginmqi and robchow like this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
I don't think I would get benefits equal to the $95 annual fee of this card so not a long term keeper for me.
I refer at least one person per year, if not two. The 20K signup bonus worth $300 to me because I have Reserve. To me it's worth the $95 to keep the card
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
I refer at least one person per year, if not two. The 20K signup bonus worth $300 to me because I have Reserve. To me it's worth the $95 to keep the card
Isn't there a max referral bonus so it will eventually run out? Or does it reset every year? I didn't factor in keeping the card for the referral bonuses. Since I only plan on minimal spend for business purposes, I don't think i will extract $95 in benefit.. So will likely downgrade to no-annual fee card after a year. FYI I just applied yesterday and got instant approval!
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:13 am

Isn't there a max referral bonus so it will eventually run out? Or does it reset every year? I didn't factor in keeping the card for the referral bonuses. Since I only plan on minimal spend for business purposes, I don't think i will extract $95 in benefit.. So will likely downgrade to no-annual fee card after a year. FYI I just applied yesterday and got instant approval!
100k bonus referral points per year for Ink Preferred. I plan on keeping mine open specifically for referral bonuses.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The referral bonus also still works on the Ink Plus as of now. It does not show up in your account online as a banner like the Ink Preferred, but it still works at the Chase Refer A Friend website.

Personally I hope the Ink Plus continues to exist - been 18 or more months Chase stopped offering it, right? Haven't read any rumors about forced conversion.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:56 pm

if you use an EIN are those cards considered completely separate from SSN cards? what im wondering is if im near the max credit limit chase will give me for my current cards will i need to close some cards before applying for new ones with EIN?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:58 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by evor1
if you use an EIN are those cards considered completely separate from SSN cards? ....
No, you will still provide your SSN in addition to the EIN, and the decision is based primarily on your personal income and credit, because you are personally responsible for the debt.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: AA
I'm planning to get the Ink Business Preferred, have been very quiet so I'm down to 2/24 right now. Is there any reason to go for the referral links rather than the publicly available offers of 80k UR for $5k spend?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.