Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:01 pm

A couple questions regarding the family:

I just got the ink cash 2 months ago and have hit the minimum spend. My goal is to get as many UR points as possible as I prep for my honeymoon in Fall 2019. These all have great sign up bonuses.

1. Can I get the sign up bonus from all 3?

2. Can I downgrade the premium card to a non-fee card? How long do i have to wait? I realize I’ll pay the 95$ the first time.

3. The Unlimited card says 1.5 cash back on all of your purchases for your business. Is it all purchases? Or Do I have to somehow prove it’s business related? I was considering the freedom unlimited, but this makes more sense all around.

4. I’ve heard these don’t count towards 5/24? Just wanted to confirm.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Jm192
A couple questions regarding the family:

I just got the ink cash 2 months ago and have hit the minimum spend. My goal is to get as many UR points as possible as I prep for my honeymoon in Fall 2019. These all have great sign up bonuses.

1. Can I get the sign up bonus from all 3?

2. Can I downgrade the premium card to a non-fee card? How long do i have to wait? I realize I’ll pay the 95$ the first time.

3. The Unlimited card says 1.5 cash back on all of your purchases for your business. Is it all purchases? Or Do I have to somehow prove it’s business related? I was considering the freedom unlimited, but this makes more sense all around.

4. I’ve heard these don’t count towards 5/24? Just wanted to confirm.
As a sole prop you can get each CIP/CIC/CIU card once using SSN as tax ID and again using EIN as tax ID (EIN is free from IRS website)

Just wait a year to downgrade since you'll pay the annual fee in your first statement -- you can also self refer the CIP if you want another one so you'll come out ahead (20k referral pts + 80k standard bonus offer = 100k benefit) plus if you're able to refer other friends/family then its 20k each

Its paid on all purchases charged to the card -- Chase has to tell you that biz cards are for biz purposes only, but they don't really care what you charge on there

Chase biz cards don't show up on your personal credit reports so they don't add to your 5/24 count, but you need to be under 5/24 to apply -- Chase will still hard pull your personal report so you'll still see hard inquiries with each app
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:53 pm

Would you run a risk of shutting down accounts associated with ss when applying with EIN number?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Jatan

Its paid on all purchases charged to the card -- Chase has to tell you that biz cards are for biz purposes only, but they don't really care what you charge on there
Is this certain? I thought I saw a post of someone charging a movie ticket then getting emailed not to use a business card for personal charges (somewhere on FT). Can a CIP be used let's say for clothing and other items thru the MP shopping mall?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by vbnet
Is this certain? I thought I saw a post of someone charging a movie ticket then getting emailed not to use a business card for personal charges (somewhere on FT). Can a CIP be used let's say for clothing and other items thru the MP shopping mall?
That seems kind of silly. What if a business takes a client out to a movie? A Broadway show? Client lost their luggage and needs a day or two of clothes? I can think of very few instances where someone could definitively say (without proof) something is absolutely a personal purchase.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
That seems kind of silly. What if a business takes a client out to a movie? A Broadway show? Client lost their luggage and needs a day or two of clothes? I can think of very few instances where someone could definitively say (without proof) something is absolutely a personal purchase.
I absolutely agree but the post caught my attention, nevertheless. Sorry, I can't find it. I was all over the chase threads yesterday and just tried doing some searches on "movie" and our 2 posts are the only items returned.
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:34 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by Jatan
For whatever reason I didn't have my personal credit cards with me; all I had was business credit card. That day, I had a couple of doctor visits; charged co-pays as well as outstanding medical balance on business credit card. All went fine and no calls from bank.

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
I agree that banks shouldn't make a distinction what is consider business expense or and what is not; they should leave that to accountant/IRS (but my medical bill would be hard to justify ).
vbnet likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by robchow
I agree that banks shouldn't make a distinction what is consider business expense or and what is not; they should leave that to accountant/IRS (but my medical bill would be hard to justify ).
True, but Chase won’t know that at face value. For all they know, you were hurt at work. Further, they wouldn’t know whom the services were for. Could have been an employee, client, or other party to which you were liable.

Which is really all I was saying. They don’t know by just looking at the charge when it comes through without requesting information from the card holder.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
I absolutely agree but the post caught my attention, nevertheless. Sorry, I can't find it. I was all over the chase threads yesterday and just tried doing some searches on "movie" and our 2 posts are the only items returned.
The post you are referring to was not about a movie ticket, but rather was a recurring monthly Netflix charge.

Regards
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
The post you are referring to was not about a movie ticket, but rather was a recurring monthly Netflix charge.
Thanks for responding but, I'm pretty sure it was a movie ticket but now I'm thinking it might not have been on F/T. I was trying researching everywhere using internet searches as well on ways to make spend and if personal expenses will pass muster and it's probable that I found it in reddit or some other forum. I know on my citi business I did not confine my charges strictly to business expenses but chase has such a darned touchy reputation for shut downs.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:36 pm

Thanks for responding but, I'm pretty sure it was a movie ticket but now I'm thinking it might not have been on F/T. I was trying researching everywhere using internet searches as well on ways to make spend and if personal expenses will pass muster and it's probable that I found it in reddit or some other forum. I know on my citi business I did not confine my charges strictly to business expenses but chase has such a darned touchy reputation for shut downs.
Fair enough. There definitely was a post in this forum (though not necessarily this thread) relating to having a Netflix charge and receiving an email from Chase reminding that the card is for business expenses, not personal.

I agree that some charges fall in a "grey" area and could be business or personal (i.e. the movie ticket for a client) but certainly an ongoing Netflix membership is a stretch. And the fact of the matter is if you hold the card then you agreed to the Terms and Conditions, whether people read them or not, and the T&Cs pretty clearly say the card is to be used for business expenses only and not personal and that is quite clear. So, it's hard to fault Chase for policing that.

Regards
vbnet likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Previous discussion here:

Chase: Reminder, business credit cards should be used only for business purchases.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
...but certainly an ongoing Netflix membership is a stretch...
Here's a few off the top of my head...
  • I write movie reviews for a blog
  • I include Netflix my rental property
  • I stream Netflix in my employee lounge/client waiting room
  • Or simply, my business covers my personal entertainment expenses as a perk
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Here's a few off the top of my head...
  • I write movie reviews for a blog
  • I include Netflix my rental property
  • I stream Netflix in my employee lounge/client waiting room
  • Or simply, my business covers my personal entertainment expenses as a perk
Sure, of course, but those should also correlate to the type of business that you annotated in your application to Chase, which requires you to select a type of business.

So, for example, many around here play the "I sell stuff on eBay/Craigslist" game and choose retail (or whatever the category on the application is). So in that case, really none of the above examples correlate to that business, except for your final bullet, which is quite a stretch.

Look, I'm not going to debate every possible example, I could care less what people do. I'm just saying the terms, conditions, and spirit of business cards are that they are for business expenses. Many folks here know very well and very clearly that they are using the card for non-business expenses. So, I'm just saying people should neither be annoyed or surprised that Chase occasionally attempts to actually police the terms and conditions we all agreed to.

Regards
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Any individual expense could be business-related. If I were a card issuer I would look at the pattern, but I do not think they are generally interested.

We have company credit cards that are used exclusively for medical and pharmacy charges. For some years we used a card issued by Citi, now we use one issued by Barclays. Neither issuer has questioned any transaction or the pattern.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.