Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Happy
I got similar answer when I ask when is the anniversary date for the cap to reset - except it is one month different from the answer you got - this is the SM answer I got for my Ink Cash card opened on Aug 2012, after I made them to explain further why instead of Aug, my anniversary date to reset the cap is in Sept?

<<I see that your account was opened on August 14, 2012.
hence, your next anniversary starts on September 13, 2017.
Annually means the year beginning with the account open
date through the first statement after the anniversary of
your account open date, and each twelve billing cycles
thereafter.

"Annually" is referred to the word used in the description of bonus category earning, as in the text below:
<<Rewards cap:
-- 5%: $25,000 annual cap on accelerated earn for net
purchases. Maximum additional point accumulation on net
purchase is 100,000 points annually*

-- 2%: $25,000 annual cap on accelerated earn for net
purchase. Maximum additional point accumulation on net
purchase is 25,000 points annually*

-- 1%: No cap>>

The SM rep answered my question on the Ink Plus did not give the exact dates, but did give the exact words on the bolded part above.

So, due to the clock starts from the 1st statement date, versus the account opening date, the ACTUAL Anniversary Date used by Chase is ONE month AFTER the account open date.

HOWEVER, when I called, the phone rep gave me the account opening date as the anniversary date for the cap calculation purpose.
BUT, I do NOT trust what this rep said as when she read me the benefits of the Ink Cash card, she gave me 3% on Telecom, Office Supplies, Dining, and Home Improvement Stores. This is NOT what my Ink Cash card's benefits are! So I dont think the phone rep even know how to calculate the anniversary date for the Ink cards in general.
Thanks for sharing. I got that very similar description about the anniversary (copied and pasted below):

"Account anniversary year? means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement after the anniversary of your account open date, and each twelve billing cycles after that."

The reason I was inquiring was because I am currently maxed for 5% categories and wanted to hit up the OD/OM deals going on this week. I guess I will just have to wait it out.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tofe
Thanks for sharing. I got that very similar description about the anniversary (copied and pasted below):

"Account anniversary year? means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement after the anniversary of your account open date, and each twelve billing cycles after that."

The reason I was inquiring was because I am currently maxed for 5% categories and wanted to hit up the OD/OM deals going on this week. I guess I will just have to wait it out.
Well, this might be a good chance to use other cards that dont have bonus category but the currency is still valuable, such as SPG, at essentially no cost.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Well, this might be a good chance to use other cards that dont have bonus category but the currency is still valuable, such as SPG, at essentially no cost.
I agree. I have a spend requirement for the Amex Surpass and CSR.. I wonder if those would be safe to use - I know there were some issues with the leaked platinum card links and points being clawed back.
Old May 11, 2017, 11:47 pm

Gogo Air gets 5x
Old May 15, 2017, 12:59 pm

People keep posting that they are seeing how their Ink Cash and Ink Preferred purchases are coded. I can see that when I click "see details" for my personal accounts, but that doesn't work for the business cards. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
Old May 15, 2017, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by TechBBBFan
People keep posting that they are seeing how their Ink Cash and Ink Preferred purchases are coded. I can see that when I click "see details" for my personal accounts, but that doesn't work for the business cards. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
Go to UR portal for the card and review transaction detail. It should give you the detail there.
Old May 15, 2017, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by vm81
Go to UR portal for the card and review transaction detail. It should give you the detail there.
That worked, thanks!
Old May 15, 2017, 2:05 pm

DP: I used my Ink Preferred to purchase Brooks Brothers gift cards (Cashstar, paid with PayPal). No bonus points, just 1X. Now I'm seeing on this thread that I probably should have paid directly with Cashstar (and not gone through PayPal). Oh well.

Last edited by TechBBBFan; May 15, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Old May 19, 2017, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by washeelers747
too easy to see why Amex is losing customers like me. They blocked transfer to Virgin Atlantic, then identify security team DEMAND me to go bank to get the form notarized as proof of identify. It's unacceptable that they are using cheap tactic to stall transfers by using 1990s security method.

I am going to burn rest of my remaining MR balances, then close it out and going to stay with Chase all the way.
Chase is the king and there are easy ways of getting around 5/24 which hurt some folks.
Old May 20, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by GeorgeLopez
Chase is the king and there are easy ways of getting around 5/24 which hurt some folks.
The only ways I know of are:

1) Getting one of their co-branded cards (i.e: Amazon or Southwest)
2) Getting a preapproval in a branch, which isn't a guarantee or easy.
Old May 21, 2017, 3:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
The only ways I know of are:

1) Getting one of their co-branded cards (i.e: Amazon or Southwest)
2) Getting a preapproval in a branch, which isn't a guarantee or easy.

I'm not even talking about the co-branded cards, Southwest is subject to 5/24 by the way.

Preapprovals are easy to get. Go open a Chase business checking account with an EIN. You can probably get a business banking bonus as well. Then wait a month or two and check for pre-approvals. You should be approved for both the Preferred and the Cash cards.

About a month ago, I received an invite in the mail to apply for the Freedom Unlimited. I applied and mailed it in (not online), and the new account showed up in my Chase online after about 10 days.
Old May 21, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
I'm not even talking about the co-branded cards, Southwest is subject to 5/24 by the way.

Preapprovals are easy to get. Go open a Chase business checking account with an EIN. You can probably get a business banking bonus as well. Then wait a month or two and check for pre-approvals. You should be approved for both the Preferred and the Cash cards.

About a month ago, I received an invite in the mail to apply for the Freedom Unlimited. I applied and mailed it in (not online), and the new account showed up in my Chase online after about 10 days.
I had a Chase checking account up until a couple of weeks ago. I currently have their Amazon.com Prime VS card. Only current offer I have now is $200 to open up a savings account, but would need $15,000 to do that, which is laughable.

I don't own my own business, so it wouldn't make sense to open a business checking account... I'd just be throwing money away in fees as the minimum requirements are too unrealistic for the average customer (like me).

And yes, you are right, 5/24 does cover both Southwest and United cards.
Old May 21, 2017, 4:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
I don't own my own business, so it wouldn't make sense to open a business checking account... I'd just be throwing money away in fees as the minimum requirements are too unrealistic for the average customer (like me).

It's very cheap to incorporate even with a fake business. You can do it online. Chase regularly offers a $200 - $500 bonus to open a Chase business checking account which would offset your incorporation fees. Then wait 1 or 2 months and you'll be pre-approved for Ink Preferred and Ink Cash cards.
Old May 21, 2017, 6:42 pm

It's very cheap to incorporate even with a fake business. You can do it online. Chase regularly offers a $200 - $500 bonus to open a Chase business checking account which would offset your incorporation fees. Then wait 1 or 2 months and you'll be pre-approved for Ink Preferred and Ink Cash cards.
I'd rather have the Chase Sapphire Reserve than the Ink, though.

The Ink is worthless to me. I don't even pay my cell phone bill directly, I write a check to someone who I have a line with because my plan is only $25/month with unlimited talk, text, and 25 GB of data.

Although I do have an $86/month Verizon FIOS bill, but 3% of that is like $2.90 or something like that, not even worth it.

2% at gas stations and restaurants--My Amazon Prime VS card has that, and then my AMEX cards beat that too.

1% cash back on everything else is pointless too, I have a USAA limitless, a Starwood Preferred Guest, and an AMEX Everyday Preferred (1.5x).

I guess the $300 bonus is all the card is worth getting for.

Last edited by mikesyr18; May 21, 2017 at 7:07 pm
Old May 21, 2017, 8:26 pm
Suspended

I too would rather have the CSR but nothing is stopping from you getting both. You can get the Preferred just to get the signup bonus which right now is 100k. Ink Cash is 50k.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.