Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eethan
Say X = date you last received the signup bonus.

If you apply for the card before your 2nd anniversary (e.g. X+22 months) and qualify for the bonus after your 2nd anniversary (e.g. X+25 months), can you get the bonus?
No based on previous data, Chase would not even budge when someone was less than a week to meet the 24 months lapse requirement at application. But you are welcome to try and return with updated data.

Also note the X date is the date of statemen when the bonus posted to your card, not the date you met the spend.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
deleted

Last edited by deant; Jan 24, 2016 at 10:25 am
Old Jan 24, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by kingstown
Does anyone know if this 60k offer for $5k spend with a waived annual fee still offered in branch?
Yes, I stopped by a branch last week and saw the offer.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:00 pm

Is Chase Ink known for taking a long time after approval to mail your card?
I was informed by email about 2 weeks ago that I was approved, yet I have not received my card yet. I am tempted to call them to see why is the delay, but then I hear so many comments about not calling.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I applied Thursday night online and received the call us email. Obviously didn't call. Just called the automated status line tonight and it said I was approved (yesterday it said my app was still pending).

I can't remember the last time I was this thrilled about a credit card application!

Now to figure out how to spend $5k in 3 months in the post Serve era! Ok, spending is easy. Unloading is another...
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I applied Thursday night online and received the call us email. Obviously didn't call. Just called the automated status line tonight and it said I was approved (yesterday it said my app was still pending).

I can't remember the last time I was this thrilled about a credit card application!

Now to figure out how to spend $5k in 3 months in the post Serve era!
Bunny Ranch. You'll be at 5k before you know it.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Bunny Ranch. You'll be at 5k before you know it.
If only that was a 5X category...
Old Jan 25, 2016, 4:59 pm

Can anyone chime in with their experience regarding opening their first business checking acct with Chase IF you didn't actually have said business name registered anywhere with the/a county? Did you have to show any documentation reflecting the business name? Or did you just give them your name as the name of the business?

Any other details or questions that the banker asked you? Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
A Chase banker has required me to show corporate documentation (articles of incorporation and directors' meeting minutes) when opening a CC for an existing business.

For a new business that is simply your name, sole prop, I don't think there is a need.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I applied for a ink plus on Sat and got the please call email. I didn't call in and I just called the app line today on Monday and have been told I am approved and should receive card in 10 days. Very happy.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
So I applied and stupidly called in (didn't see here first). They wanted proof of address so I faxed in a copy of my DL. Now they say it takes 2 weeks to receive a fax as its a different dept with a central fax line. Sigh...
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by HGHUA
So I applied and stupidly called in (didn't see here first). They wanted proof of address so I faxed in a copy of my DL. Now they say it takes 2 weeks to receive a fax as its a different dept with a central fax line. Sigh...
My buddy recently applied; he sells sporting goods on the side, so doesn't have anything "official" setup; he didn't know any better and called upon applying after he got the message and they told him he needed a business license or copy of bills.

So, any advice for him? How long until he can apply again, and is there any chance he'd get approved if he applies but but but doesn't call in?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by ralphs
A Chase banker has required me to show corporate documentation (articles of incorporation and directors' meeting minutes) when opening a CC for an existing business.

For a new business that is simply your name, sole prop, I don't think there is a need.
Good data point, might make some reconsider the in-branch application of the business CC, though I'm aware that it waves the annual fee if you do so.

As to registering a business name under your name when opening a business checking account, I'm guessing there won't be anything else required paperwork wise, as to reflect the age of the business etc? My concern was it being reflected with Chase as a brand new business (which is not the case) and therefore having less of a positive impact for the credit side/applications under that business name.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
Good data point, might make some reconsider the in-branch application of the business CC, though I'm aware that it waves the annual fee if you do so.
Personally, without having requisite documentation $95 is a small price to pay to apply for the card and getting to avoid dealing with a real human (ideally).
Old Jan 25, 2016, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Personally, without having requisite documentation $95 is a small price to pay to apply for the card and getting to avoid dealing with a real human (ideally).
I personally am happy to chat with a Chase banker for 30 minutes to save $95, but I realize not everyone has a bonafide business, lives near a Chase bank, etc. I also like to think that the Chase banker is going to bat for me vs the credit card approval department, but I don't really have anything to support that hunch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.