Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 7:41 pm

Don't call until/unless denied; 5/24 doesn't apply to ink plus

Originally Posted by oopl
After applying I got the message that they will notify me via mail in 30 days. Don't know if I want to wait that long to find out. Should I call?
It seems like if you call in you are put under a higher level of scrutiny than if you just let if go through the automated system. I would recommend not calling until/unless you get a denial letter. Waiting for a letter won't hurt your chances of reconsideration if you are denied, but calling in may hurt your chances of being approved automatically. Be patient.

After applying online last weekend, I received a "please call us immediately" message on their website, then later an email saying "We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days."

I didn't call based on the advice on this board, but called the automated status line everyday and got a "we will notify you within 30 days" message...finally today (3 business days later), the automated line told me I was approved!

This is another confirmation that the 5/24 rule does not apply to Chase Ink. I have opened way more than 5 cards in the last 24 months.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by amberailene
It seems like if you call in you are put under a higher level of scrutiny than if you just let if go through the automated system. I would recommend not calling until/unless you get a denial letter. Waiting for a letter won't hurt your chances of reconsideration if you are denied, but calling in may hurt your chances of being approved automatically. Be patient.

After applying online last weekend, I received a "please call us immediately" message on their website, then later an email saying "We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days."

I didn't call based on the advice on this board, but called the automated status line everyday and got a "we will notify you within 30 days" message...finally today (3 business days later), the automated line told me I was approved!

This is another confirmation that the 5/24 rule does not apply to Chase Ink. I have opened way more than 5 cards in the last 24 months.
Exactly my experience. Then as soon as the automated line told me I was approved, I called customer service and asked if they could overnight the card. It arrived the following day. And I would also fall under the 5/24 rule.

Until you get a rejection, you have absolutely nothing to gain by calling.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:54 am

The offer terms for the current Ink Plus application does not mention anything about being ineligible for the sign-up bonus if one has received the bonus in the last 24 months. Does that mean the 24-month rule to get bonus again no longer applies?

Earn 60,000 Bonus Points
To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make Purchases totaling $5,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. ("Purchases" do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by bradcc
The offer terms for the current Ink Plus application does not mention anything about being ineligible for the sign-up bonus if one has received the bonus in the last 24 months. Does that mean the 24-month rule to get bonus again no longer applies?
A good question. In light of Chase's recent trend toward tightening up approvals & bonuses, I'd guess this is just an oversight & that Chase will deny the bonus to anyone who received the bonus on this card less than 24 months earlier.

Anyone care to be the test subject?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:53 am

Chase Ink question

I know this is a thread for the PP prepaid cards, but I have a question about PP itself and wasn't sure where else to put it.

I just got an Ink card for my business. I'd like to use it for certain purchases on ebay. I usually use my PP/ebay account and then my spouses PP/ebay account to double what I can buy when there are limits.

Since Ink is a Chase, even as an AU, the CC# will be the same. PP only lets one CC be linked to one account. Any workaround?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:24 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jlt19
Since Ink is a Chase, even as an AU, the CC# will be the same.
I am not confident I understand what you are trying to do, but on a business card product such as INK each individual card has a unique number.

Last edited by mia; Oct 4, 2015 at 6:16 pm
Old Oct 3, 2015, 5:19 pm

Sent SM and they wouldn't match to 60k because of the annual fee. Should I try calling? Unfortunately the SM leaves a paper trail so they might say "we already told you no"
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:22 pm

If your goal is to maximize using your INK card via PP/ebay have you considered getting eBay gift cards from an office supply store? (I think this is the direction your were heading)
Old Oct 4, 2015, 11:37 pm

-Does anyone know if the 5x points work on these utilities outside the US?

I pay my cell phone bill in Japan with ink and it counts as 5x. It was a nice surprise!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:33 am

Applied 9/22, still 2 week pending, which seems to take forever.

Updated 10/12: Called automated line, was "being reviewed, will be noticed about decision 7-10 days"
After a pretty annoying long waiting, a denial letter is coming to me.

Last edited by liushu; Oct 12, 2015 at 9:38 pm
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by liushu
Applied 9/22, still 2 week pending, which seems to take forever.
I applied roughly the same time. When I called the automated line, it said 2 weeks pending. I just called again today and it now says 7-10 days.
Am I denied?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by mbfanos
I applied roughly the same time. When I called the automated line, it said 2 weeks pending. I just called again today and it now says 7-10 days.
Am I denied?
IME, the "7 to 10 days" message foretells a denial. It would be good to have additional data points on this, so please post a followup once you get a decision.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
IME, the "7 to 10 days" message foretells a denial. It would be good to have additional data points on this, so please post a followup once you get a decision.
Well, I just received a mail from Chase Business Card department today.
Luckily, they want me to mail in proof of address, SSN and birthday. . That means I still have hope, right?
I have a Chase United, IHG, checking, saving and investment account with Chase. I'm also a Private Client. It's kinda funny when they require those documents from me.

But anyway, I'll mail those to them and report the result here :-:
Old Oct 9, 2015, 8:19 am

Luckily, they want me to mail in proof of address, SSN and birthday. . That means I still have hope, right?
I have a Chase United, IHG, checking, saving and investment account with Chase. I'm also a Private Client. It's kinda funny when they require those documents from me.

Hoping to receive that same letter Wait...pardon my ignorance, but how do mail proof of SSN and birthday? And if it's what I'm thinking, is it safe to do that via mail?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:41 am

Still 2 weeks pending. I guess they already forgot me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.