Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:00 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by pritomd
Question about how points are earned.

Do you get the UR points per statement? Or do you get them all at the end of the year? I just looked at the Ink Plus page and I see verbiage like: "Earn 5X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services each account anniversary year.^".

Does that last part indicate you get the points at the end of the year and not per statement?
Per statement.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
Okay, understood. Thank you! I guess 'each account anniversary year' ties to the 'first 50,000 spent' statement of the verbiage?

Also, are the main differences in earning for the Ink Cash vs. the Ink Plus that the bonuses categories on Cash are capped at 25K instead of 50K, and that Cash gets restaurants instead of hotels on the 2X?

It seems to me, assuming I DON'T plan to max out the category bonuses, I'd prefer the Ink Cash since I'd spend more on restaurants than hotels. Also assuming I keep my CSP. Is that sound logic? I'd probably use my CSP on dining/hotels anyway, and on foreign transactions, so the real difference is the lack of annual fee on the cash....
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Is it possible to get Ink Plus for 50k and 1st yr AF waived right now? All I see is 60k with AF not waived.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:40 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by italdesign
Is it possible to get Ink Plus for 50k and 1st yr AF waived right now? All I see is 60k with AF not waived.
You can redeem the 10k extra points for $125 minimum by using the Chase travel portal. Why would you not rather have the extra $30 with the better 60k offer?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by italdesign
Have you tried dropping by a chase branch? I recall getting 60k plus 1st yr AF waived.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 9:07 am

My ink plus application (applied on 10/30) got denied and got a denial letter with following reasons:

1. Too many cards opened in last few months (I've applied for 6 cards in the last 6 months)
2. 1 late payment in my credit history report (but that was in early 2014)
3. New card opened with Chase last couple of months (Hyatt Chase Visa)

I didn't have much hope getting approved. Do you guys think calling in/re-applying in the branch will help? Can I apply again in 6 months and have better chance?

Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:51 pm

Is the 250K points per card or per person?

There are several Chase cards like Ink, Ink Plus, bold Bold Plus and business cards as well that pay 5x points for office supply. So is 250K per person ($50K), is per card or per person?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Originally Posted by misterno
Is the 250K points per card or per person?

There are several Chase cards like Ink, Ink Plus, bold Bold Plus and business cards as well that pay 5x points for office supply. So is 250K per person ($50K), is per card or per person?
what does the wording in the T&C say?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:14 pm

My wife recently applied for the Chase Business Ink Plus and got a pending email saying they were looking into it. She called the reconsideration line and after some back and forth over several days, she was declined the card.

Now truth of the matter is, she does not have a business really, so we were using her personal info and selling of items on eBay to qualify.

We had a big spend coming up so she applied for the CSP card and was accepted. We did our big spend and then paid it off immediately. She then got an email from Chase a few weeks later saying she was now approved for the Business Ink Plus! We got the card expedited and did another big spend and got the 60K bonus there as well. Transferred all the points into my personal CSP account and we are moving along.

Funny how things like that work!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by trueblue84
My ink plus application (applied on 10/30) got denied and got a denial letter with following reasons:

1. Too many cards opened in last few months (I've applied for 6 cards in the last 6 months)
2. 1 late payment in my credit history report (but that was in early 2014)
3. New card opened with Chase last couple of months (Hyatt Chase Visa)

I didn't have much hope getting approved. Do you guys think calling in/re-applying in the branch will help? Can I apply again in 6 months and have better chance?

Thanks!
What was your credit score?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:35 pm

Worth a try for Ink Bold?

I have a total of 3 Chase cards - a Freedom and CSP held for years, and one SW Biz Plus (Nov 2013) with a high (22K) credit line. I got that one along with a SWA Personal Premier (closed Dec 2014) to get the companion pass in early 2014.

Since meeting the bonus spend, I have barely used the SWA Biz card. I had to talk to reconsideration to get that card, even with a real business and EIN - though admittedly there is almost no actual income since it is small family partnership.

I'd like to open the Ink Plus for expenses related to a condo that my wife and I rent. Given that I already have a biz card with a high limit and low use, does this help or hurt? Is there another tactic I could use?

The only card I've picked up in the last year was the Citi Prestige in Sept. Credit score 835. What do you guys think?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Do you have a banking relationship with Chase? Try chatting with a business banker there to see if he/she will put in your app.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SPG, Hyatt
Hi, I got the Ink Plus sign up bonus in May last year and subsequently canceled the card in March this year before the AF. Today I received in the mail a targeted offer for the card again, this time 60k for $5000 in 3 mo., first year AF waived. Looks pretty good to me. I can't find in the offer letter any mention of the bonus being unavailable to those who got one in the last 24 months. Does this mean I can safely apply and get the bonus if I'm approved (and of course, meet required spend)?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by deant
What was your credit score?
Around 690 now.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Another "do I have a shot" post

I'm thinking of applying for the Ink Plus for the bonus points but also to unlock my low 6 figure UR balance accrued with the Freedom. I can't get a CSP because of the 5/24 rule.

I'm down to only 2 open Chase cards (~$13k in aggregate CL), closed my UA Explorer last month and my Southwest Visa in May. My last Chase approval was August/Sept of last year. And given't trueblue's comment above his denial reason including too many new cards, I've opened 3 new accounts since May (+1 more business one, but that won't show). 2 in May, 1 in August. Not sure if Chase is sensitive about the 6 month thing.

FICO of ~760, unfortunately no paperwork/taxes/etc to justify a business, so based on this thread I now know to not bother calling and hope for the best.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by krazykanuck; Dec 1, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.