Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Old May 11, 2018, 12:51 pm

Chase Business Cards

My wife was 0/24 coming into this year and is now 2/24 not counting business cards. She was approved for her first ever business cards, the INK and Southwest.

We are not going to go for business cards outside Chase at this time and as of now the Marriott Business card is not covered under 5/24 so our next card is going to be the United Business.

Are there any other Chase business cards I'm missing ?

Mods, move this to it's appropriate thread as I didn't see one.

Thanks
Old May 11, 2018, 1:20 pm

Ink Preferred
Ink Cash
Ink Cash Unlimited (coming May 20th)
Old May 11, 2018, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Jatan
Ink Preferred
Ink Cash
Ink Cash Unlimited (coming May 20th)

Thanks, for some reason I thought you could only hold one INK card.
Old May 11, 2018, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Thanks, for some reason I thought you could only hold one INK card.
You can do each card twice -- once using your SSN as tax ID and once using your EIN as tax ID

You can apply once every 31 days, but its better to space them out every 2-3 months to play it safe otherwise you risk a shutdown from Chase -- also consider lowering some credit limits before applying for a new card (if you have too much credit from Chase vs your income)
Old May 11, 2018, 4:38 pm

If I am pre-approved for the Ink Cash in branch, would I still be approved for the card if I apply for it online? I am >5/24. Thanks.
Old May 11, 2018, 7:33 pm

Reco needed: Should I reduce my Chase credit limit to get a Business Card Approved?

Hey folks, I applied to two Chase business cards, and after several calls I was told they were approving the first one, but that they were concerned about my personal credit limit with them. I asked them if they could then shift some of my personal limit to this new card and they said that they do not do that anymore (no more shifting personal limit to business limit).
So, I still have a second open/pending application but before I call them and ask for a reconsideration I was wondering if I should first access my online account and request a reduction of my limit in some of my personal cards.
What do you guys think? Will that help, or on the contrary would that make me look suspicious?
Thoughts?
Old May 11, 2018, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Carlos_OL
Hey folks, I applied to two Chase business cards, and after several calls I was told they were approving the first one, but that they were concerned about my personal credit limit with them. I asked them if they could then shift some of my personal limit to this new card and they said that they do not do that anymore (no more shifting personal limit to business limit).
So, I still have a second open/pending application but before I call them and ask for a reconsideration I was wondering if I should first access my online account and request a reduction of my limit in some of my personal cards.
What do you guys think? Will that help, or on the contrary would that make me look suspicious?
Thoughts?
So you were turned down for the 2nd card? If so it's too late now, IMHO. If you'd done that a month or two ago you would have had a better chance. You could call the recon. line again and ask them if it would help but I doubt it will matter. Lower all your limits soon and reapply in 50 to 60 days.

Last edited by philemer; May 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Old May 24, 2018, 12:28 pm

Anyone know if Nest Aware (subscription) qualifies for 5x on Ink Cash/Bold?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
Hi everyone, I just tried to add my newly approved Chase Ink Unlimited card with Venmo, and I got an error message saying that this type of card is not allowed. Anyone else getting this error?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by pnt1
Hi everyone, I just tried to add my newly approved Chase Ink Unlimited card with Venmo, and I got an error message saying that this type of card is not allowed. Anyone else getting this error?
How many cards have you added in the last six months? Venmo limits you to four cards on the account per rolling six month period, regardless of whether you deleted the cards or not.

If your answer is four or more, that may be your reason.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
The AF just hit on my Ink plus (or maybe it was the bold card). I had both the ink plus and bold. I downgraded one of the cards like two years ago to an ink cash. Since I have a CSR I don't think I need to pay the AF on my other ink card and was just going to downgrade that card to an ink cash as well. Is there any downside to doing this assuming I keep my CSR open to allow me the ability to transfer points to travel partners? I would still keep my 5x categories I believe.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
The AF just hit on my Ink plus (or maybe it was the bold card). I had both the ink plus and bold. I downgraded one of the cards like two years ago to an ink cash. Since I have a CSR I don't think I need to pay the AF on my other ink card and was just going to downgrade that card to an ink cash as well. Is there any downside to doing this assuming I keep my CSR open to allow me the ability to transfer points to travel partners? I would still keep my 5x categories I believe.
if you can max out the ink plus 5x with 90% od/om - staples promo I think the $89 AF worth it. Once you downgrade there is no turning back.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Red259
If you can refer just 1 person every 2 years to an Ink Preferred using your link, that alone would more than cover the annual fee.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:21 am

I have the Ink plus and the Ink Preferred. I use the Plus for 5X on utilities. I would like to keep just 1 going forward to be able to transfer UR points from my CFU then to travel partners.
My initial thought would be to keep the plus since that is no longer available and be able to churn the ink preferred. Only downside would be if Chase discontinued the Plus. thoughts?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:45 am

another question. Husband-wife business. I have the Ink preferred having applied using our business EIN. Can my wife apply for same card using the same EIN? We did this 4 years ago with the Southwest business cards, just wondering if things have changed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.