Search

Verizon Smart Rewards 5x on Ink?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 3:42 pm
formerly bdohmen
Original Poster

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card

Ink gives you 5x rewards points for telecom bills - does anyone know if you get the 5x points on gift cards purchased through smart rewards?

You can use 1000 smart reward points to get a $100 verizon gift card for $90 and then use that to buy a visa gift card and, in theory, still come out ahead relative to the cost of the card.
Old May 12, 2015, 2:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bdohmen
Ink gives you 5x rewards points for telecom bills - does anyone know if you get the 5x points on gift cards purchased through smart rewards?

You can use 1000 smart reward points to get a $100 verizon gift card for $90 and then use that to buy a visa gift card and, in theory, still come out ahead relative to the cost of the card.
How would you use a Verizon gift card to buy a VGC?
Old May 12, 2015, 4:21 am
formerly bdohmen
Original Poster

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card

Sorry a staples or office Depot gift card which you can get from verizon for $90
Old May 12, 2015, 4:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bdohmen
Sorry a staples or office Depot gift card which you can get from verizon for $90
Interesting. There are 2 questions here:

1) Does the Ink card earn 5x with these purchases? I have my doubts because I once bought a charger at a Tmobile store and it was coded as electronic store purchase and I didn't get the 5x on it. This leads me to believe these purchases wouldn't count.

2) If it does count, will Office Depot let you use an OD gift card to buy a VGC?

Update: I just looked at the T&C of Office Depot Gift Cards and they seem to indicate that you cannot use an OD GC to buy another GC.
Old May 13, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
I can confirm that purchases through the Verizon Smart Rewards site do NOT earn the 5x multiplier. They show as "Verizon Smart Rewards" not "Verizon Wireless" and only earn the standard 1x point per dollar. Bummer!
Old May 26, 2015, 1:12 pm

I just bought an iphone 6 from verizon online few days ago with ink and it shows:

VERIZON WRLS Q2511-01 (utility)

There is no 5X at all. ...

FYI, I have not hit the cap.
Old May 31, 2015, 5:58 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by kakshi425
I just bought an iphone 6 from verizon online few days ago with ink and it shows:

VERIZON WRLS Q2511-01 (utility)

There is no 5X at all. ...

FYI, I have not hit the cap.
You need put the phone purchase on your next month's bill. Don't pay for it. I went into the store and told the salesperson I wanted to pay for the phone on my bill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.