Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Pre-2015 discussion can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1369343-how-many-chase-cards-do-you-can-you-have.html
Print Wikipost

How many Chase cards do you/can you have?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:41 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I get a total of 8 personal cards and 1 business card. Most are UR cards. I got rid of all of my airline cards and only keep hotel cards such as Marriott and Ritz Carlton. They earn my elite status.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:47 am

And exactly what does elite get you? Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Caribgrl
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:01 am
Suspended

The two best known are Marriott and Hyatt. The airline CCs are out of date. It is only good if you fly on business often and stick with just one airline. There is no way to earn the airline elite other than flying. You can earn airline miles with AmEx Plat and Chase CSR. Also some Cap 1 and other general travel CCs.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
I have only one:

JP Morgan Reserve. Limit 120K
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: AGR S+, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Only have CSR, Freedom and Amazon currently.

During the heights I have CSR, Freedom, Amazon, Slate, a second freedom converted from former Amtrak card, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt, Ritz. Need to cut down as I don't travel much.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
The two best known are Marriott and Hyatt. The airline CCs are out of date. It is only good if you fly on business often and stick with just one airline. There is no way to earn the airline elite other than flying. You can earn airline miles with AmEx Plat and Chase CSR. Also some Cap 1 and other general travel CCs.
Good to know. Have always wondered if I should be more loyal towards one brand.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Good to know. Have always wondered if I should be more loyal towards one brand.
To me, hotel is easy to stay with one or two brands. Airline is a totally different story. There are crunch time that you want to get on board with any airline.

If you are mainly on business travel, stay with one airline is great and you can even get the CC with club access, such as United Club, or Citi AA Executive.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I've got 4 personal (Amazon, Freedom, Hyatt, CSR) and 2 biz (Cash and Unlimited). I'd like to get either the personal or biz UA (biz at the moment b/c better bonus). Any issues here?

Also...in about 2 months I was planning to get a CIP (closed original one). I feel like this might be pushing it.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I've got 4 personal (Amazon, Freedom, Hyatt, CSR) and 2 biz (Cash and Unlimited). I'd like to get either the personal or biz UA (biz at the moment b/c better bonus). Any issues here?

Also...in about 2 months I was planning to get a CIP (closed original one). I feel like this might be pushing it.
There's a lot more factors to consider: how long is your relationship with Chase, how long is your credit history in general, and what is your available credit to income ratio with Chase. If your history is reasonably long and you keep your credit/income ratio below 50% including the new approvals, you should be fine. That ratio can be higher if you have a very long history with Chase.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pallhedge
There's a lot more factors to consider: how long is your relationship with Chase, how long is your credit history in general, and what is your available credit to income ratio with Chase. If your history is reasonably long and you keep your credit/income ratio below 50% including the new approvals, you should be fine. That ratio can be higher if you have a very long history with Chase.
This is helpful. About 10 years with Chase, 30 years total credit history, credit about 30% of income (I’ve reduced credit voluntarily), Experian score at 850. Credit usage <5%. And at 2/24 right now for apps about to drop to 1/24 April 1 (I’ve focused on biz apps for the last two years). Sounds like I should be okay. But all of my three Chase biz apps over the last five years have gone to pending, as did my most recent Hyatt personal app.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Mine all go to pending simply because I have maxed out what Chase has determined is the max CL for all my accounts. Honestly I can’t blame them as why take the risk of extending massive credit to any individual since the probability of default is never zero.
That being said I have never been rejected - a simple call to the recon line requesting a reallocation of CL to the new card is always successful.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:03 pm
Suspended

Chase knows all the credit card stuff well and they allow people to keep multiple cards for reward purposes. Some of the less CCs do not need much CL at all. You can always move CL around if you DO need to spend that card. You can even keep $2k CL with the dormant CCs....
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Mine all go to pending simply because I have maxed out what Chase has determined is the max CL for all my accounts. Honestly I can’t blame them as why take the risk of extending massive credit to any individual since the probability of default is never zero.
That being said I have never been rejected - a simple call to the recon line requesting a reallocation of CL to the new card is always successful.
Originally Posted by RedSun
Chase knows all the credit card stuff well and they allow people to keep multiple cards for reward purposes. Some of the less CCs do not need much CL at all. You can always move CL around if you DO need to spend that card. You can even keep $2k CL with the dormant CCs....
Good to know. I've seen that some folks move credit around and get approved by calling. I just HATE calling Chase. One grilling years ago scarred me for life. LOL. I am down to about 2k CL on the Amazon card and will lower some of the others. I think my Hyatt has something like 30k, which is completely unnecessary.

Do you all know if they total CL across Chase personal and biz?

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Feb 23, 2019 at 7:05 pm
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Do you all know if they total CL across Chase personal and biz?
Yes. They do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.