Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Pre-2015 discussion can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1369343-how-many-chase-cards-do-you-can-you-have.html
Print Wikipost

How many Chase cards do you/can you have?

Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Out of curiosity, why abandon the Ink Preferred? That gives you 3x on most spend out there including groceries.
?

Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, and on advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year.*

I get 5x on cable/phone from ink cash and will pick up CSP to get the travel 2x and the signup bonus again.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:25 pm

I gotcha but if you already max out ink cash, ink preferred is a great card to get you 3x on everyday spend like groceries, target, amazon, etc
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Originally Posted by gumercindo
I gotcha but if you already max out ink cash, ink preferred is a great card to get you 3x on everyday spend like groceries, target, amazon, etc
groceries isn't a 3x category
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by richiezc
groceries isn't a 3x category
Not sure where you shop but for me it is when I purchase Whole Foods/giant gift cards through gyft/PayPal using my ink pref.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:32 pm

Sapphire Reserve X 2
United Mileage Plus
Freedom
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Sapphire Reserve x 2
Marriott Rewards x 2
Business Marriott Rewards
Ritz-Carlton
Slate
Freedom
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:06 am

not long ago i had 11 at once. I've had 12 different Chase cards thus far.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Currently have 3 personal (CSR, FU, freedom) and 2 business cards (CIC, CIP). Want to do the southwest personal and business cards for companion pass. Anyone out there have at least 4 personal and/or 3 business cards open at once?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by txpenny
Sapphire Reserve x 2
Marriott Rewards x 2 (canceled my personal card)
Business Marriott Rewards x 2 (added spouse business card)
Ritz-Carlton
Slate
Freedom
Slight shuffling, count still at 7.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by iceman77_7
Currently have 3 personal (CSR, FU, freedom) and 2 business cards (CIC, CIP). Want to do the southwest personal and business cards for companion pass. Anyone out there have at least 4 personal and/or 3 business cards open at once?
I don't but this guy probably does:

Man Has Almost 1,500 Credit Cards and Near-Perfect Credit Score | Money
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:48 am

I have 5 personal and 1 business. I was planning on going on a run of a bunch of Ink cards (2 of each, spread of several different EINs). Should I be safe doing this as long as I keep lowering my CLs?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:04 pm

I have the CFU, CF, CSR, Hyatt, SW, and AU on BA. I am looking to get rid of my SW card and get a business card.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:29 am

I have...CF CFU IHG and Disney (No AF) as far as personal. Then I have 2 Chase business cards. About to get a another personal.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I just have a Sapphire Reserve, an IHG Rewards, and Marriott Rewards. I stopped using the last two after making enough spending for the bonus, but I'm keeping the IHG as long as they continue to give me a free room night for the $49 annual fee. Might do the same for Marriott--I can't remember how much the fee is for that one.

I use the Sapphire for all my travel, an Amex Gold for all my food (and for various gift cards bought at grocery stores), and a Fidelity 2% cash back for everything else.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Currently have (from oldest in order of age):
  • British Air
  • JPM Reserve
  • IHG
  • Southwest Plus
  • Hyatt (new)
Will probably keep most of them as I value the benefits, with the exception of WN which I must close before applying for the new WN Priority card. Also BA which I will dump when I exhaust my stash of Avios. Too many AFs.

Closed (from oldest, in order of age):
  • United
  • Continental (MC)
  • Southwest
  • Marriott
  • CSR
  • Hyatt (old)
  • Southwest (Premier)
This represent my Chase history over roughly 2 decades. I don't believe in massive churning as I value my relationship with Chase. So I generally close 1 card per year and then apply for 1 new Chase card per year. I will usually apply for a couple of non-Chase cards at the same time so my 5/24 apps age off at the same time of year.

Last edited by Boraxo; Jan 15, 2019 at 10:42 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.