Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For more current information on Chase-to-Chase UR transfers, see the wiki & discussion at 11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts.
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by xtine
I have an Ink Plus account that I've been wanting to combine points with a Freedom card. I've gotten the 'unexpected error' for the longest time so I decided to call customer service. I simply gave the customer service person the last four digits of my Freedom account and told her I wanted all the points on my Ink Plus card (had the balance on my screen so told her the total amount of points) and she was able to transfer the points immediately without questions asked.
I had a same issue and followed same trick and worked like dharm.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:02 am

I was trying to make a transfer from my wife's CSR to my CSR and getting the "unexpected error" message. I found that transferring from my wife's CSR to my Ink Business Bold did work and then I moved the points from my Ink to my CSR
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat, AA Gold :(
I got the same thing, unable to add my ink cash in combining account, "unexpected error".
It was there for a least 6 months and still not working.
I have to go through my wife's account to make it work.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:33 pm

combining points error message

I tried transferring (combining) points to member in the same household and got an error message that the member cannot receive points at this time.

Anyone has similar trouble and any way to get around this? We live in the same house (same address on file).
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
You might try looking through this thread:

Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by ponickka
I tried transferring (combining) points to member in the same household and got an error message that the member cannot receive points at this time.

Anyone has similar trouble and any way to get around this? We live in the same house (same address on file).
Some Chase UR cardholders experience this problem when they try to combine points from multiple cards onto one. What often works is to unlink all of the cards by clicking "Remove Saved Card" under the "combine points" menu. Then wait 24 hours and try again.

I've written a blog post that explains in more detail containing graphics for clarity. Let me know if it works for you.
jjmiller69 likes this.

Last edited by pallhedge; Feb 21, 2018 at 12:11 pm Reason: Moderator Request
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Try this exercise. Let me know if it works for you.
Thank you! Found out what the problem was.

Previously, we had combine with another account member in the household and did not "unlink" the account, thus it was creating the error.

Once we "unlinked" the account from the other household member and waited 24 hours, we were clear to add a new member.

Thank you all!
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:20 pm

Can I transfer my wife's freedom account points to my ink plus account?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by mak101
Can I transfer my wife's freedom account points to my ink plus account?
Yes. I've transferred my Freedom to my wife's Ink Bold. Haven't tried it since the change in card last month.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
we have a large family all live in the same address, can we all transfer points to the cardholder with the reserve and book our tickets there since the point value are higher
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:24 pm

Curious if this "unexpected error" is persisting for any folks? Trying to combine points with my SO and keep encountering this error.

I notice there's no "Unlink" or "Remove saved card" option for my currently linked accounts. I have a CSP and CF, so was trying to follow @pallhedge's procedure

I've been encountering this since last Thursday 2/22. Called Chase member services with my SO's CSP account number and they're experiencing the same error :/

Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by prech
I've been encountering this since last Thursday 2/22. Called Chase member services with my SO's CSP account number and they're experiencing the same error :/
First of all, based on the image you posted, I don't see your SO's account, just your own. Can you not even successfully "Add Household Member"?

Other things to confirm: You and SO have the exact same mailing address for your Chase accounts, correct? Are there any other Chase cards that have ever combined points onto SO's card?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:57 pm

First of all, based on the image you posted, I don't see your SO's account, just your own. Can you not even successfully "Add Household Member"?

Other things to confirm: You and SO have the exact same mailing address for your Chase accounts, correct? Are there any other Chase cards that have ever combined points onto SO's card?
Thanks for responding -- Right, I'm not even able to "Add household member". Same household and address, yep.

The phone rep also tried to link/connect our accounts -- that's when the "Unexpected error" occurs. I've tried logging into both my CF and CSP accounts, then trying to link with "Add household member" and both accounts encounter the same error

My SO has his CSP linked to his CIP and has transferred from the CIP account to the CSP, so I wonder if that is the issue. We just logged in to the CIP account and removed the CSP as a connection (it is the only UR account linked). We'll give it 24 hours to give it another attempt.

Last edited by prech; Feb 27, 2018 at 9:05 pm
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by prech
My SO has his CSP linked to his CIP and has transferred from the CIP account to the CSP, so I wonder if that is the issue. We just logged in to the CIP account and removed the CSP as a connection (it is the only UR account linked). We'll give it 24 hours to give it another attempt.
Is SO's CSP the card you're trying to move your points to? If so, you've described exactly the problem that my article refers to--multiple cards attempting to combine points onto one card.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:18 pm

Is SO's CSP the card you're trying to move your points to? If so, you've described exactly the problem that my article refers to--multiple cards attempting to combine points onto one card.
Indeed, thanks! I should've considered linked accounts to my SO's accounts, rather than my own account not being linked to his.

Waited overnight and just tried again, sure enough, I was able to "Add household member" to link the SO's account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.