Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For more current information on Chase-to-Chase UR transfers, see the wiki & discussion at 11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts.
Print Wikipost

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:11 pm
esf

Originally Posted by Happy
It is the website glitch but Chase has NO intention to fix it.
I already added my wife as AU on my Freedom. I will give it a few days to see whether something changes.

So in your experience, there is no way to fix this problem?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by esf
I already added my wife as AU on my Freedom. I will give it a few days to see whether something changes.

So in your experience, there is no way to fix this problem?
Nothing anyone has known to make it work online other than having an AU to bridge the gap between 2 individual's UR accounts.

OTOH, even with the AU card there are still times Chase website does crazy thing. Else we would not have this Loooong running thread!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:48 am
esf

Nothing anyone has known to make it work online other than having an AU to bridge the gap between 2 individual's UR accounts.

OTOH, even with the AU card there are still times Chase website does crazy thing. Else we would not have this Loooong running thread!
I have added my wife as AU (but not received her card yet). My UR account still looks the same, and Combine Points feature does not work.
How does adding an AU is supposed to bridge the gap between two individual's UR accounts?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by esf
I have added my wife as AU (but not received her card yet). My UR account still looks the same, and Combine Points feature does not work.
How does adding an AU is supposed to bridge the gap between two individual's UR accounts?
Wait till the card arrives and you ACKNOWLEDGE the receipt of the card, and then see if the UR site would look any differently.

Else your other option is to call.

Why after all the troubles you still do not want to call Chase, as another poster already mentioned he had similar issue but the phone rep took care of the transfer - just why you would not call?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:21 pm
esf

Wait till the card arrives and you ACKNOWLEDGE the receipt of the card, and then see if the UR site would look any differently.

Why after all the troubles you still do not want to call Chase, as another poster already mentioned he had similar issue but the phone rep took care of the transfer - just why you would not call?
Ultimately I will call if I need to. I usually prefer to do everything online because I can make sure that all the information is entered correctly and save screenshots just in case. I cannot do that over the phone.

Also calling is usually more time consuming and less convenient.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:52 am
esf

How should I ACKNOWLEDGE the receipt of the AU card?
I received the AU card. When I login to chase.com/verifycard, there is no card listed to be verified. If I remember correctly, Chase AU cards don't need verification or activation and are active upon receipt. If that's the case, how else can I ACKNOWLEDGE the receipt of an AU card?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by esf
How should I ACKNOWLEDGE the receipt of the AU card?
I received the AU card. When I login to chase.com/verifycard, there is no card listed to be verified. If I remember correctly, Chase AU cards don't need verification or activation and are active upon receipt. If that's the case, how else can I ACKNOWLEDGE the receipt of an AU card?
Originally Posted by esf
Also calling is usually more time consuming and less convenient.
You have crossed the point at which calling becomes less time consuming and more convenient.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:42 pm
esf

Originally Posted by ehallison
You have crossed the point at which calling becomes less time consuming and more convenient.
Fixing the problem needs to be done once and I can spend time, whenever convenient, to fix the problem. Calling needs to be done every time I need to process a transfer, and exactly at those times. In addition, once a solution is found other people will be able to use it.

Also convenience and wasted time were not the only factors.

Last edited by esf; Apr 6, 2017 at 12:36 am
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:00 pm

Location: Half time in PDX, Half time in Ajijic, Mexico. Near GDL
Programs: AA Platinum
Here's what worked for me.

I was trying to transfer my husbands Ink Plus points to my Ink Bold account.
Tried multiple times over the past year and always got the "unexpected error occurred". I assumed it was because I was in Mexico. That seems to mess up lots of websites. So I tried again when I got back to the USA, but got the same "unexpected error occurred".
Read in this forum that someone had to add a space in front of the last name to get it to work. I tried that, but it did not work. That got me to thinking...my original name on my Chase account from 30 years ago was my maiden name and sometimes they still use it along with my married name. The card I was transferring to was only in my married name, but I tried it anyway. Sure enough, when I put both last names on the name line it worked just fine.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:43 pm
esf

I called and the agent was not able to complete the transfer either. She didn't tell me what was the specific problem. After putting me on hold for more than 20 minutes. She told me she will be in touch with marketing department to resolve the problem and call me back as soon as it is resolved. I don't think it is gonna happen, but let's wait...
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:49 pm
esf

I was called by agent and she told me I need to be added to my wife's account as AU ( and thus pay $75 AF) to be able to combine points. I told I am not going to pay $75 to do something I am not supposed to pay for. She told me she will talk with Marketing again to check whether there is anything else that can be done.
After the call I sent Chase a secure message explaining that I cannot use the Combine Points feature online nor over the phone (explained the problem in detail and asked them to resolve it). After three business days they responded that they could see the problem but could not figure out why it was happening and therefore could not solve it, but they transferred points manually. "Transferring manually" was nothing more than two separate "Adjustment" transactions, one deducting points from my account, and the other one adding points to my wife's account.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:21 am

This thread was help working through the issues I was having with accounts for me and my wife.

We each have a Chase Freedom card and she has a Chase Ink. They each have their own Chase logins.

The first key was setting up a chain of transfers (like was mentioned before) My CF -> Wife's CF -> Wife's Ink.

The second key is waiting after making a changes to the website. As I was trying to set up the chain, and had deleted my wife's Ink from her CF, and then tried to add it back, and I was getting the "Unexpected Error" message. Waiting until the next day, everything processed smoothly. Most of my transfer frustrations over the course of a few days probably were mostly to do with not allowing enough time between unlinking one account and then trying to link another.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by robe0341
This thread was help working through the issues I was having with accounts for me and my wife.

We each have a Chase Freedom card and she has a Chase Ink. They each have their own Chase logins.

The first key was setting up a chain of transfers (like was mentioned before) My CF -> Wife's CF -> Wife's Ink.

The second key is waiting after making a changes to the website. As I was trying to set up the chain, and had deleted my wife's Ink from her CF, and then tried to add it back, and I was getting the "Unexpected Error" message. Waiting until the next day, everything processed smoothly. Most of my transfer frustrations over the course of a few days probably were mostly to do with not allowing enough time between unlinking one account and then trying to link another.
I'm glad this worked out for you. It's been my theory that Chase's system will only allow an account to receive points transfers from ONE external account (separate login). I'm not sure if that's a bug or intentional or even if it works that way for everyone.

When this occurs, removed saved accounts from all "Combine Points" options, then wait a day or two, then set up the straight line (chain) like you did.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:53 pm

chase UR combine points . PLEASE HELP!

does chase only allow you to combine/transfer to your family(same household) once a year? my dad transferred his points to mine in March. Now, I want to transfer my husband points to my account, chase wont let me. He has chase saphire preferred , I have chase sapphire reserve. Chase representative can't transfer it either. Please let me know if this is new policy . What can I do to combine. TIA.

Last edited by tiffany; Jun 30, 2017 at 7:03 pm
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:37 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Last month I transferred some UR points from my wife's account to mine with no issue at all. The transfer was done instantly.

Both of our Chase accounts have the exact same last name and address listed.

I've never heard of a "once a year" rule/policy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.