Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7% dividend going away?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:50 am
Original Poster

7% dividend going away?

It seems like most of the references to the 7% annual points "dividend" have been removed recently.

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...rred-card.aspx

Anyone know what's up with that?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: all
without notice?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
What about on the offer with the higher annual fee?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
This might be more testing being done to see who pulls the trigger on a particular offer.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
If they do take it away I don't think it will be for existing users. My Ink Bold still has the old benefits (spending tier bonuses, and 20% UR bonus), and that has not been available for long time.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by millere2
If they do take it away I don't think it will be for existing users. My Ink Bold still has the old benefits (spending tier bonuses, and 20% UR bonus), and that has not been available for long time.
The Chase Freedom benefits change (10% bonus on 1x and 10 points per transaction) eventually phased even the grandfathered out.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
The Chase Freedom benefits change (10% bonus on 1x and 10 points per transaction) eventually phased even the grandfathered out.
I think some outrageously lucky people still are on the old program.

The 7% dividend costs much less to Chase vs the old freedom program. I've heard some interesting stories. Imagine a $150 amazon purchase funded entirely by $0.15 e-gift card purchases. 10,000 points on a $150 purchase!

Since the card is so wildly popular, it wouldn't surprise me if Chase eliminated the point dividend. People will probably still flock to the card in droves. However, existing members might be driven away if a benefit was taken away from them.

My theory is that they will keep the 7% div. for existing cardholders while removing it for new cardholders.

Then again I've given up my CSP so my opinion is moot.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by halfleafclover
I think some outrageously lucky people still are on the old program.

The 7% dividend costs much less to Chase vs the old freedom program. I've heard some interesting stories. Imagine a $150 amazon purchase funded entirely by $0.15 e-gift card purchases. 10,000 points on a $150 purchase!

Since the card is so wildly popular, it wouldn't surprise me if Chase eliminated the point dividend. People will probably still flock to the card in droves. However, existing members might be driven away if a benefit was taken away from them.

My theory is that they will keep the 7% div. for existing cardholders while removing it for new cardholders.

Then again I've given up my CSP so my opinion is moot.
Yup! My freedom is still on the old program!
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:55 am

I have 2 Freedom accounts and 1 of them is still pays out using the old methods (Chase exclusive 10UR/transaction not the Freedom + and its lucrative scheme).

Only Chase knows why some of us still receive the 10UR/transaction as I'm for sure not going to ask them about it. I like to believe that part of it has to do with me not gaming the system in a similar way as one of my work acquaintances has done such as "filling up" his vehicle daily with about a 0.75 gallon of gasoline, going through the self-checkout line at the grocery and splitting the purchases into many transactions, etc.

I would like to know the true reason but not if the added attention would hasten the product "improvement" date.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:16 pm

7% is not a lot especially when you have to pay annual fee of $95 minimum.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UR, SPG,
No big deal... it's 7% that's all.

on 20K spent you get... 1400 points... I know these are free but... it's not a lot.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by Elmatador
No big deal... it's 7% that's all.

on 20K spent you get... 1400 points... I know these are free but... it's not a lot.
For big spenders, it obviously adds up. The 7% dividend pays my annual fee and then some.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 12:00 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, Hertz
It adds up for sure but only if you use the card more then just to get the bonus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.