Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Krisflyer now UR Transfer Partner!

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2014, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
SQ Krisflyer now UR Transfer Partner!

I just randomly logged into Chase UR and see that SQ Krisflyer is now a transfer partner. I took a screen shot but can't figure out how to post it into the thread. This is awesome news and very welcome although will be interesting to see what this does to redemption availability.
Old May 21, 2014, 12:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This is an important enhancement for Ultimate Rewards because it provides an alternative to UA for Star Alliance redemptions.

Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Overview
Program Description: Experience the world and more with KrisFlyer
KrisFlyer members can redeem miles for award flights to more than 1,000 destinations in over 170 countries as well as upgrades on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir and airline partners. As a KrisFlyer member you can also earn miles when you fly on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir or any partner airline, including airlines in the Star Alliance network.

Program Details: All points transferred are subject to KrisFlyer terms and conditions. Award flight bookings for household members should be booked through your nominated KrisFlyer Redemption Group, which may include up to 5 nominees. Chase is not responsible for the redemption of KrisFlyer miles. All point transfers are final.

Currency: Miles

Currency Conversion: One Ultimate Rewards point always equals one KrisFlyer mile.

Customer Service: Visit singaporeair.com or call 1-(213)-404-0301

Point Transfer Timing: Ultimate Rewards sends customers an email confirmation once requests are successfully placed. Most Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer point transfers process within 2 business days, so you can be on your way.
How it Works
  • Check with Singapore Airlines for award availability and number of KrisFlyer Miles needed.
  • Enter the number of points to transfer, in increments of 1,000, and the Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer member information.
  • Review and confirm point transfer request.
  • Most Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer point transfers process within 2 business days.
  • Points can only be transferred to yourself, spouse or domestic partner.
  • All point transfers are final.
Old May 21, 2014, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by PDXbased1K
I just randomly logged into Chase UR and see that SQ Krisflyer is now a transfer partner. I took a screen shot but can't figure out how to post it into the thread. This is awesome news and very welcome although will be interesting to see what this does to redemption availability.
WoooooO!

Award chart here: http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...wardCharts.pdf
Partner awards: http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...rip_june13.pdf
Old May 21, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Well, after reading all the tweets that are going out, I get to play the part of the Grinch.

#1 The transfers are not instant. (Thanks mia) I know there is (incorrect) scuttlebutt on the internet that it is, but I know somebody who already tried, and the transfers are not instant. Have fun transferring the points and then sweating bullets for a couple of days hoping that availability doesn't change.

#2 As the OP mentioned, what about availability? No one said anything about increased award seats, did they? Nope. Uhh, whether it is health care or airline tickets, adding more demand for the same amount of product means it's harder to find what you want. Ughh.

#3 You want to use this as a *alliance transfer instead of UACO? Yeah, watch out for those fuel surcharges. Ouch.

#4 Both American Express Membership Rewards and Starpoints already have this as a transfer partner, so yawn.

However, from Amex's point of view, double ouch. Yet one more perk that Chase just nailed. Those secret handshake boys in the Amex Products dept. had better get off their duff and start nailing down some benefits, because in a couple of years Chase has now eaten their lunch over and over. {Personally, I haven't put a single charge on my AmEx card all year.}
Old May 21, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
I'm very excited by this change given that I personally find it easier to accrue UR points vs. AMEX MR/SPG.40K domestic business class is one bright spot. I'm sure there will be quite a bit of blog coverage on the KrisFlyer program over the next few days and I look forward to learning more about the options that are now available via UR transfers!
Old May 22, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
I don't think that bringing Singapore on will destroy availability -- look at Korean. Sure, KrisFlyer isn't nearly as complicated as booking an award flight as Korean, but it isn't as simple as booking a flight on United. The average flyer, I assume, wouldn't want to go through the hassle of booking a partner flight over the phone.
Old May 22, 2014, 10:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Press release here:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...mate-RewardsSM
Old May 22, 2014, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Great news! When someone transfers miles to SQ, please report back on how long it takes. I'm hoping it's not the full two business days since availability could disappear in that time.
Old May 22, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by dhuey
Great news! When someone transfers miles to SQ, please report back on how long it takes. I'm hoping it's not the full two business days since availability could disappear in that time.
I made a transfer yesterday (5/21/2014) at 6:30 P.M. EDT and so far the miles have not posted. I will update when they do!
Old May 22, 2014, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by gpeso8
I made a transfer yesterday (5/21/2014) at 6:30 P.M. EDT and so far the miles have not posted. I will update when they do!
Thanks for that very useful information. Looks like Chase isn't kidding about this two business day delay warning.
Old May 22, 2014, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Let's continue discussion here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...mes-rules.html That way the info isn't spread around too much. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.