Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] 60k Chase Ink Bold/Plus & 30k Ink Cash Small Business Week offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] 60k Chase Ink Bold/Plus & 30k Ink Cash Small Business Week offers

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
Congrats.^ Be sure to call and ask them to expedite sending it as well, to make up for taking 2 1/2 weeks to approve it.
I should have done this the other day. Too late now.
Old May 19, 2014, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
Congrats.^ Be sure to call and ask them to expedite sending it as well, to make up for taking 2 1/2 weeks to approve it.
I did ask. Will take 3 to 5 days instead of 7-10 days.
Old May 19, 2014, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by f0xx
HP's are throw aways to me.
As soon as they come, they go.
The HP maybe, asssuming you mess with B*. However, 60k UR points is never a throw away
Old May 19, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
So who's xxx? And how is it that so many have gotten him?

Anyway, here's my story.
AAoA : 1.8
Oldest Account: 5.3 years.

Credit score : 740 (average)

Inquiries: EX-12, EQ-3, TU-3
EX will drop to 8 by August.

Did a mini 3 card AOR in July, 2013, and haven't done anything since then.
One of the 3 cards was the Ink Bold.
At that time, I had 14 or 15 inquiries on EX, and had 5 recent inquiries from Feb (one of which was Chase). All 5 had been approved.
But this time around, no matter what, they wouldn't approve the Bold.

I got varying reasons.
-Short AAoA.
-Can't extend more credit
-I then asked to move credit around and - Can't move credit to a charge card (BS!)
-Not long enough history with Chase (Been with Chase since 04/2012)

__________________________________________________ ___

So now, I'm wondering. Should I wait till August, when my inquiries will drop to 8 and I'll get auto-approved in all likelihood but only get 50k,
Or do you think, my chances of getting approved now are high?

Currently I only have 3 cards with Chase.
1 Freedom, 1 CSP that has now been converted to Freedom and IHG.
I used to have BA+Explorer+Marriott, and I cancelled them last year.

Doing an AOR with this + Barclays Arrival +CITI etc.
Should I do this card first or Barclays?

Also, do I have better chance of getting the Bold or the Plus?

I've been out of the game since August 2013, so it's taking me a while to read and catch up to everything that I've missed. And I'd appreciate any and all suggestions/pointers/help.
Thanks.

Last edited by philemer; May 20, 2014 at 4:16 pm Reason: removed employee name
Old May 19, 2014, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by skibum7732
The HP maybe, asssuming you mess with B*. However, 60k UR points is never a throw away
That's why I was surprised to be approved.
When Chase pulled, there was only 1 INQ down from 19.

Originally Posted by jatink129
So who's xxx? And how is it that so many have gotten him?

I've been out of the game since August 2013, so it's taking me a while to read and catch up to everything that I've missed. And I'd appreciate any and all suggestions/pointers/help.
Thanks.
HUCA?
Surprised they denied you even after asking to shift limits.
AAoA is low? Mine is ~7 months after my huge app spree late last year.

Last edited by philemer; May 20, 2014 at 4:17 pm Reason: removed employee name from quote
Old May 19, 2014, 10:00 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by f0xx
HUCA?
Surprised they denied you even after asking to shift limits.
AAoA is low? Mine is ~7 months after my huge app spree late last year.
Sorry, I should have been clearer. HUCA doesn't apply since I haven't applied yet. That denial was a little backstory from last year in July when I applied for the Ink Bold and got denied.

I called them 5 times. 4 times I got a guy who'd always deny me. I figured I'd try my luck with a lady. Began calling and hanging up if a guy answered.
Got a lady finally, who asked me TONS of questions, and was on the phone with for about 20 minutes, and STILL denied.
She was the one who gave me the excuse of "Not long enough history".

The rest were given by the men I'd spoken to before.

So, now that I haven't done anything since last July, I feel I should apply, BUT I still have 12 inquiries.
If I wait till August, I'll only have 8.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by jatink129
So now, I'm wondering. Should I wait till August, when my inquiries will drop to 8 and I'll get auto-approved in all likelihood but only get 50k,
Or do you think, my chances of getting approved now are high?

There is another option you don't list. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Chase may offer another 60k promotion for the Ink cards next year. Instead of getting the 50k Ink, get other cards and wait for the next small business week to come around.

That is what I would probably do based on the tone of your post. I am not a credit analyst for Chase, and am not qualified to tell you whether or not you would be approved.

However, since you are worried about it enough to write a post that long, I would just wait a year.

One thing that old timers at this game know is that you can run out of cards to apply for after a year or two, especially with Chase. Until they change the product, or in this case unless you have multiple businesses to get cards for, people usually can get each card once. So make that one time count.

My thoughts...
Old May 19, 2014, 10:56 pm

totally struck out on this, very frustrating - 4 year history with chase, multiple account types, spotless credit record, high income, newish business with $15k revenue...cannot break through :-(

i've had three harrowing conversations with recon and it's an absolute brick wall to me, can't understand why - offered to move credit around etc, no dice...grrr...
Old May 20, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by dublin487
totally struck out on this, very frustrating - 4 year history with chase, multiple account types, spotless credit record, high income, newish business with $15k revenue...cannot break through :-(

i've had three harrowing conversations with recon and it's an absolute brick wall to me, can't understand why - offered to move credit around etc, no dice...grrr...
what are the reasons they've given for denial? Too m any inquiries is usually the kiss of death since you can't really change that. Are you MS ing on your other Chase cards or not using them at all? Any other biz cards with Chase?
Old May 20, 2014, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by SquarePeg
what are the reasons they've given for denial? Too m any inquiries is usually the kiss of death since you can't really change that. Are you MS ing on your other Chase cards or not using them at all? Any other biz cards with Chase?
Chase is flexible with their rules for approving biz card. Too many inquiries may not be kiss of death.

When I applied for United Explorer biz last July, i had too many inquiries and enough credit limit given from Chase for denial

This time, had the same reasons when I called reconsideration yesterday.

Chase pulled Experian for ink bold in May 2014. In April 2014, I had 3 HP on Experian. And November 2013, one hard pull from Experian.

I just lucked out. Very easy conversation and I was approved. I had to cancel one of my personal cards to be approved.

Last edited by metoo; May 20, 2014 at 7:57 am
Old May 20, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by metoo
Chase is flexible with their rules for approving biz card. Too many inquiries may not be kiss of death.

When I applied for United Explorer biz last July, i had too many inquiries and enough credit limit given from Chase for denial

This time, had the same reasons when I called reconsideration yesterday.

Chase pulled Experian for ink bold in May 2014. In April 2014, I had 3 HP on Experian. And November 2013, one hard pull from Experian.

I just lucked out. Very easy conversation and I was approved. I had to cancel one of my personal cards to be approved.
Are you saying that Chase denied you for too many inquiries (you only had 4?) And you changed that around during a recon call? Sorry, confused as to what point you're making... what was your reasoning that changed their mind?

Actually, if anyone has a great story to explain too many inquiries, that has worked for you, please share.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA
Originally Posted by yztim
Applied 5/2 for IB, 2 week message until today, now 7-10 days. Applied for IB in 12/13 and was denied (too many apps). 7 apps last 6 months. Probably to much.
So called today and said I have to many inquires, about 11 last 12 months. She said there were 8 business cards in those, which is not true?? No questions about my business. So for me, 7-10 day message was denial.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by yztim
So called today and said I have to many inquires, about 11 last 12 months. She said there were 8 business cards in those, which is not true?? No questions about my business. So for me, 7-10 day message was denial.
Ouch. I have ~19 in the past 12 months and I slipped through.

I guess it depends on who gets your application.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:42 pm

I just called in together after getting the nerve together (after reading all your posts about interrogation from Chase). I have been calling the automated status line and the result has always said that my information cannot be accessed. I spoke to [x] who first told me that my application was pending and she placed me on hold. She then came back to tell me that I have been approved! I asked to expedite it and she told me that it would be an additional charge. Anyway - I will be getting my new Ink Bold Visa (I have MC) in 5 business days. Here's to more awesome travels via pts ahead

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; May 21, 2014 at 8:54 am Reason: no employee names please
Old May 20, 2014, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Stop posting co. employee names

Folks,
A lot of you may not be aware that we have a privacy rule on FT. Part of it is to NOT post company employee names. Here is the rule:
http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#privacy

Thanks, and may all your apps. be approved.

Last edited by philemer; May 20, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.