Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] 60k Chase Ink Bold/Plus & 30k Ink Cash Small Business Week offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] 60k Chase Ink Bold/Plus & 30k Ink Cash Small Business Week offers

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2014, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
I would wait. But it is your decision. How patient are you?
Wow...thank you for the pep talk. And an unspoken reminder of RULE ONE OF MSing...

Thanks, voice of reason!
Old May 5, 2014, 8:43 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by jeanie
I have had luck waiting it out with Chase. But most people on this board are not willing to do that, and call anyway.

Last year with this offer, it was only good for about a week, and they posted the dates. Chase was overwhelmed by apps and reconsideration calls, and Chase all but shut down the reconsideration line so that the agents could process applications. It drove this board crazy!

If you go mid way through the pages of the thread linked below, you will read people really psyching themselves out because they had to wait a week or two for reconsideration. And they could not talk with a Chase agent to expedite it! The agent would look at the app without us arguing our case over the phone! Armageddon was near!!!!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...l#post20966141

When I don't call in, Chase does usually automatically approve me. The one exception was when I had cancelled a CSP MC the day before, and then applied for the CSP Visa 50k offer. It was approved when I spoke with an agent a few days later.

The automatic status line was 1-800-625-5166. Rumor was that if the automated message said you would hear from Chase in 7 - 10 days, the app was denied. If the message said 2 weeks, you were approved and would be getting the card in 2 weeks.

I would wait. But it is your decision. How patient are you?
lol not very patient but as it turns out doesnt matter for the time being. called the number above (which is apparently only for personal CC)... they tried to transfer me over to biz CCs but that dept is closed for the day.

so we'll see what happens when I call back tmrw. btw the automatic prompt kept repeating itself in a loop about menu options (after entering my ssn to access status of my app) without giving me any info regarding any usable message about the app. maybe because this was the personal CC line or for some reason my app hadnt reached their system? its been about an hour and a half since I applied.

the webpage did say allow upto 30 days. but not sure if that meshes with your '2 week' theory.

Last edited by FTR 787; May 5, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Old May 5, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
That automatic status line was for the business card last year. It is actually listed in the post in the link I referenced. But just because it was the automatic status line for the business card last year doesn't mean it has the same function this year. YMMV

Originally Posted by FTRox87
lol not very patient but as it turns out doesnt matter for the time being. called the number above (which is apparently only for personal CC)... they tried to transfer me over to biz CCs but that dept is closed for the day.

so we'll see what happens when I call back tmrw. btw the automatic prompt kept repeating itself in a loop about menu options (after entering my ssn to access status of my app) without giving me any info regarding any usable message about the app. maybe because this was the personal CC line or for some reason my app hadnt reached their system? its been about an hour and a half since I applied.

the webpage did say allow upto 30 days. but not sure if that meshes with your '2 week' theory.
Old May 6, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Denied for Ink Plus. Very disappointed. I'm admittedly fairly new to Chase (Slate in 07/2013, CSP and Freedom 11/2013), but decided to roll the dice with a business card since I actually needed it in the next few months, and the 60,000 offer hit. The rep said they wanted a longer payment history on the three Chase cards. He said, in general, they want to see 12 months of payment history.

I have 8% utilization, a 760 FICO, and a stable personal salary. Nothing negative on my report at all. It sounds like he strictly wanted "more" of a history with Chase, period.

Annoying because my business is political consulting for local elections. I have two campaigns as clients this cycle, but won't have any need for a business credit card after this November until 2016.
Old May 6, 2014, 1:54 pm

So how'd it go?

Btw, if I applied and was approved for a chase ink bold, how long do I have to wait before I can apply for the marriott personal card? I've heard 0 days, 60-90, very confused??

Last edited by wholeinone04; May 6, 2014 at 1:57 pm Reason: q
Old May 6, 2014, 2:36 pm

Just as a follow up for anyone who cares on my application for Ink Plus. I've had IB since 3/13. Applied for Ink Plus with an invitation code I received via snail mail for the 60k offer, got pending status. Last year I put 0 rev 0 years, this year I put the amount of annual sales I've had (from resale on ebay/AZ/CL, roughly 8k, relates to MS but left out the GC spend/profit generated).

Called the above listed number at 1 800 625 5166 and got an approval message for 8k.

Nice to see approval, think I met the general lines if I was going to list as a business the resale part, as the 8k sales is a true figure, could probably also have factored in GC on the IB but didn't feel the need to add all that and deal with it, figure I'll stick to true sales and should be fine. Not sure if there are taxation issues to worry about, couldn't see why Chase would present any numbers back to the IRS, but if it comes then everything is well documented and tracked.
Old May 6, 2014, 6:19 pm

Just called recon for Ink Plus application. The analyst said my application had not yet been approved and she would take 3-5 minutes to look at it. She came back about 2 minutes later to let me know that I had been approved for a $12,000 limit. No questions about my business at all. I have about 11 months history with Chase personal cards. Excited for my 60,000 UR points.
Old May 6, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by wholeinone04
So how'd it go?
not very good. got a guy who was a real piece of work.

grilled me a for a while, answered all his Qs confidently. but he came back and said couldnt approve. my biz hadnt been open long enough (2 yrs), didnt have enough sales ($10k), I had too many recent inquiries (5) ... I wasnt happy and didnt think his assessment was fair in his decision -- my reasoning for too many apps was that I'm trying to build and establish relationships with a few banks... then he said well you just got a Chase Freedom 2 months ago and I see you shop at CVS. I had ONE $500 GC purchase lol I shopped there once among the multitude of other everyday spend on the card. but he sounded very accusatory, specifically citing the lone CVS purchase factored into his decision

anyways, for the veterans out here, do I have any recourse of HUCA tmrw morning and hope for better luck? or would he have sandbagged me for any other analysts to take a look at my app.

Last edited by FTR 787; May 6, 2014 at 9:56 pm
Old May 6, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: AOPA
Is there a 75,000 non public offer out there?
Old May 6, 2014, 9:37 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
not very good. got a guy who was a real piece of work.

grilled me a for a while, answered all his Qs confidently. but he came back and said couldnt approve. my biz wasnt long enough (2 yrs), didnt have enough sales ($10k), I had too many recent inquiries (5) ... I wasnt happy and didnt think his assessment was fair in his decision -- my reasoning for the above points was that I'm trying to establish relationships with a few banks... then he said well you just got a Chase Freedom 2 months ago and I see you shop at CVS. I had ONE $500 GC purchase lol I shopped there once among the multitude of other everyday spend on the card. but he sounded very accusatory, specifically citing a CVS purchase factored into his decision

anyways, the veterans out here, do I have any recourse of HUCA tmrw morning and hope for better luck? or would he have sandbagged me for any other analysts to take a look at my app.
According to DD HUCA doesn't seem to work really on Ink cards.
Old May 6, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: All of em...
I applied for another Sapphire Preferred (old one canceled awhile ago), and another Ink Bold (my 4th bold/plus) at the same time on Saturday. Double pending.
Called to review Sapphire and came back with a denial - too many new credit lines in the last 12 months (13), including 2 cards in 6 months w/Chase, want to see more history. I'm app heavy right now w/20+ pulls on Experian and the Citi 100k cards. Tried to move credit, cancel a card, smooth talk, anything. No dice.

Called again for recon and got told the same thing and that "they already reconned the app". No dice.

Got nervous for the business app and thought I shot myself in the foot twice applying w/such high inquiries and off-schedule due to the limited time offer. Called Monday (closed weekends), and got sent to a verification dept and the rep needed to verify some credit limits on a couple of my current Chase cards, my address, etc.. and "sent the app off for approval and I'd get a letter in 7-10 business days". Since he wasn't a credit analyst he couldn't do anything else. Called the approval status line tonight, told me the 1st app (Sapphire) was declined and the 2nd app same day was approved for $18k, which mind you is 2x any limit Chase has ever given me. The miles river is still flowing, and I say Let it Flow!
Old May 6, 2014, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx
According to DD HUCA doesn't seem to work really on Ink cards.
DD?

I took bribro's advice and applied for IB... wonder if I would have had better luck with IP... perhaps the analyst just wasnt sure about a charge card/unlimited credit... as opposed to a CL with IP.

think I could call in ask to switch the app for the IP?
Old May 6, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
DD?

I took bribro's advice and applied for IB... wonder if I would have had better luck with IP... perhaps the analyst just wasnt sure about a charge card/unlimited credit... as opposed to a CL with IP.

think I could call in ask to switch the app for the IP?
DansDeals

From my understanding the Bold should be the easier of the two to get. I'd try HUCA and if that's no go... Then... Meh. Idk.
Old May 7, 2014, 12:12 am

Chase Business CC 60,000 offer

Hello,

I'm considering getting the Ink Business card and need to make $5000 spend limit. If I use PayPal to send $2200 to my wife, once she gets the money, use it to pay the rent....will this count towards the spend requirement.

Below are the terms and conditions from the website:

To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make Purchases totaling $5,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. (“Purchases” do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.)
Old May 7, 2014, 12:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
sure, as long as you do not mind paying $64.10 in fees

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.