FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   CSP AF now $149? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1563712-csp-af-now-149-a.html)

Anthonyf953 Mar 26, 2014 8:50 pm

CSP AF now $149?

I apologize if this has been talked about somewhere else, but I noticed while browsing the Chase website the CSP AF is now $149. Seems like a steep increase imo. Does anybody know if the people who signed up at $95 will be grandfathered in?

JWEMTX Mar 26, 2014 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Anthonyf953 (Post 22595353)
I apologize if this has been talked about somewhere else, but I noticed while browsing the Chase website the CSP AF is now $149. Seems like a steep increase imo. Does anybody know if the people who signed up at $95 will be grandfathered in?

As far as I know, you'll retain the same AF as you signed up for. Check this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...1st-yr-19.html

Anthonyf953 Mar 26, 2014 9:01 pm

Thank you!

bribro Mar 26, 2014 11:58 pm

It's still showing $95 when I clicked through on Chase.com. https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...ireprefsplit=1

ryanmcv Mar 27, 2014 12:42 am

Chase.com is also listing a $149 annual fee for me. If you use a partner or referral link to access the CSP application, it appears that the fee is still $95 for the time being. But it certainly appears that Chase is getting ready to increase the fee to $149 across the board. Hopefully those with a CSP currently will retain the $95 fee.

whitesol Mar 27, 2014 1:39 am

If you modify the URL link you can get either $95, $125, or $149.
Change the last number to
1=$95
2=$125
3=$149

Blackhawk8 Mar 27, 2014 6:12 am

The $95 annual fee card is still available in branches with a $2k spend requirement instead of $3k.

llbad Mar 27, 2014 10:14 am

Since it has a different annual fee, is it considered a different product? I.e. Can we cancel our $95 one and sign up for the$125 one for 40k more points?

CrownRoyalForever Mar 27, 2014 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by llbad (Post 22598298)
Since it has a different annual fee, is it considered a different product? I.e. Can we cancel our $95 one and sign up for the$125 one for 40k more points?

This is why I love FT. Only here would someone think immediately of such a possibility.

Cheers

UA Fan Mar 27, 2014 5:29 pm

CSP seems to be increasing their fees, while not realizing that their strongest competitor Amex is reducing the fee with the recently launched Everyday card.

linuxmachine Mar 27, 2014 6:55 pm

Chase is planning on making changes to the CSP. The fee will go up, but existing cardholders will be grandfathered in. The real question is whether they will enable the no fee sapphire to transfer points to airlines and hotels too. That would be a direct response to the Everyday cards without having to release a new product.

ryanmcv Mar 27, 2014 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by linuxmachine (Post 22601444)
Chase is planning on making changes to the CSP. The fee will go up, but existing cardholders will be grandfathered in. The real question is whether they will enable the no fee sapphire to transfer points to airlines and hotels too. That would be a direct response to the Everyday cards without having to release a new product.

I don't think they would do that. Besides the 2x points on travel and no FTFs, there would be little to no difference between the Sapphire and Sapphire Preferred. People would downgrade from the CSP in droves.

linuxmachine Mar 27, 2014 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by ryanmcv (Post 22601518)
I don't think they would do that. Besides the 2x points on travel and no FTFs, there would be little to no difference between the Sapphire and Sapphire Preferred. People would downgrade from the CSP in droves.

That's assuming the CSP stays the same. Changes are expected on the CSP card. I don't know if it's a huge change, but considering the AF is reported to be as high as 149, they'd have to be significant enough to warrant the bump. Depending on the change, its reasonable to think maybe they won't downgrade en masse, especially if existing cardholders are grandfathered into the current AF.

It's all speculation of course. All I know is changes are coming tp the CSP

ryanmcv Mar 27, 2014 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by linuxmachine (Post 22601948)
That's assuming the CSP stays the same. Changes are expected on the CSP card. I don't know if it's a huge change, but considering the AF is reported to be as high as 149, they'd have to be significant enough to warrant the bump. Depending on the change, its reasonable to think maybe they won't downgrade en masse, especially if existing cardholders are grandfathered into the current AF.

It's all speculation of course. All I know is changes are coming tp the CSP

Good points. It will be interesting to see what changes (if any) come to the CSP.

UA Fan Mar 27, 2014 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by linuxmachine (Post 22601948)
All I know is changes are coming tp the CSP

Inside info or do you have a cite?