Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015--This thread is now archived. Discussion is continued here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

30K/$300 Ink Cash card with AF waived first yr.

Chase application status hotline: 800-625-5166
Chase Business Reconsideration: 800-453-9719
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Just as a reference point. Just got my SM reply back after asking for the 20k extra to match 70k offer. I originally applied for the 50k with waived activation.

I received the same reply others have, letting me know that the 70k offer does not have a waived fee. Although the did offer me an extra 10k once I hit the $5k spend within 3 months.

That works for me. I don't have to front the $95 for an additional 10k which at best is worth slightly more than that.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by genotonda
Just as a reference point. Just got my SM reply back after asking for the 20k extra to match 70k offer. I originally applied for the 50k with waived activation.

I received the same reply others have, letting me know that the 70k offer does not have a waived fee. Although the did offer me an extra 10k once I hit the $5k spend within 3 months.

That works for me. I don't have to front the $95 for an additional 10k which at best is worth slightly more than that.
I would say it is worth more than slightly more than that even at a modest valuation of $.015-.017/point. I personally get substantially more than that out of mine, but even at $150-$170 in value for $95 it is not slightly more IMHO.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
It has been over 36 hours but I have not gotten reply to either SM - first one sent to Other Inquiry, second one sent to Reward Inquiry. No reply for either.
Got the denial responses identical as others.

10K UR pts worth than $95 for sure but NOT more enough for me to pay for that because we have NO immediate need to use this currency which we only use for UA and Hyatt. Still have over 500K of UA miles after burning 740K this year. The last thing I would do is to pay to add on the stock-pile that would meet by another devaluation a year from now.

On top of that if you know what you are doing, you can generate 10K UR pts with less than $95 cost. just sayin.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: N/A
I've applied for 2 chase cards in the last month (bringing my total to 3) - With a Mid 700s credit score would I have a good chance at being approved for this one?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Originally Posted by skibum7732
I would say it is worth more than slightly more than that even at a modest valuation of $.015-.017/point. I personally get substantially more than that out of mine, but even at $150-$170 in value for $95 it is not slightly more IMHO.
What do you redeem UR for that gets you 1.5-1.7 cents/per point? I usually use them for cruise GC's which net 1 CPP.

I know that's not the highest value for redemption, but that's the easiest way for me to make my cruises cheaper.

I would say to each their own. For me, trading $95 up front for a profit of $55 isn't something I'd lose sleep over.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
What do you redeem UR for that gets you 1.5-1.7 cents/per point? I usually use them for cruise GC's which net 1 CPP.

I know that's not the highest value for redemption, but that's the easiest way for me to make my cruises cheaper.

I would say to each their own. For me, trading $95 up front for a profit of $55 isn't something I'd lose sleep over.
Many times redeeming for economy international tickets with UA miles will yield you that range. Even better if you redeem for premium cabin (exact value depends on personal valuation of premium classes of course).
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:26 pm

Lots of on-point discussion in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html. Hyatt, UA & especially Amtrak give good value.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Happy
Got the denial responses identical as others.

10K UR pts worth than $95 for sure but NOT more enough for me to pay for that because we have NO immediate need to use this currency which we only use for UA and Hyatt. Still have over 500K of UA miles after burning 740K this year. The last thing I would do is to pay to add on the stock-pile that would meet by another devaluation a year from now.

On top of that if you know what you are doing, you can generate 10K UR pts with less than $95 cost. just sayin.
Same response for me as well. In this game you have to act fast.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:09 pm

I went into my local Chase branch and the person would not let me open a credit card without a legal business name that he could verify at the state website.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rookie10
Same response for me as well. In this game you have to act fast.
Very true. About 3 posers got their match and the rest of us failed.

Same thing happened 2 or 3 years ago? on the 100K CSP. It lasted one weekend. Those who SMed before their cards even show up online (use other cards access) got the match, those who SMed on Monday after their cards showed up online were all denied.

I dont mind Chase denied it with their reason but I do resent how inconsistent Chase is, and to add insult to the injury, sometimes the reps replied would say everyone was treated the same and we all know that is a blatant lie.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
What state?
Originally Posted by uvasag
I went into my local Chase branch and the person would not let me open a credit card without a legal business name that he could verify at the state website.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by vodkashine
What state?
Michigan . From what I'm reading here it is too late to sign up for it online and expect them to honor the additional 20K points thru SM too. Will just wait for them to roll out a better offer.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by dagaetch
Any way to get this offer online? no Chase branches in Massachusetts...
I got a mailing at my business with this offer. It's for the Ink Business Plus card. It says to respond by 9/15/14. I have an Ink card due for renewal in Nov. so I'll switch to this one at the beginning of Sept. in the name of my other business to keep the UR coming in. I'll be traveling out of the country in Nov. so I need to cancel the current Ink card and get a new one going before I leave on that vacation.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
When is it safe to apply for the next Ink card? My previous app was for Bold in the beginning of May. I have Plus from 2 years ago, but it's an MC, and not a Visa like now.
Is 60 days safe, or it's 90?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by uvasag
Michigan . From what I'm reading here it is too late to sign up for it online and expect them to honor the additional 20K points thru SM too. Will just wait for them to roll out a better offer.
Chase usually have some short time promo for their Ink Cards about once or twice a yr. for 60k offers.
Or they could have the 70k deal open to public for a short time as well. Just a waiting game for now to see what comes up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.