Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 18, 15, 12:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Wiki Link
08/18/2015--This thread is now archived. Discussion is continued here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...15-onward.html

30K/$300 Ink Cash card with AF waived first yr.

Chase application status hotline: 800-625-5166
Chase Business Reconsideration: 800-453-9719
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Oct 1, 14, 12:14 am

Chase Ink Plus - 70,000 offer!

Has anyone ever gotten the Bold card soon after getting the Plus? How could you justify it if asked?
Old Oct 1, 14, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by umc View Post
I once had both Bold and Plus at the same time. I cancelled both and I currently hold my 2nd Plus card. I can't apply for another Plus this time.
Had the Bold since early last year for 3-4 months, then applied for Plus. Was told if I want the Plus, I'd need to close the Bold. I did. Closed the Plus when 1st year was up.

Applied yesterday for the Plus again. Wasn't instantly approved. Checked next day and approved for $21k limit when I only put $20k revenue.
Old Oct 1, 14, 1:44 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Just applied. Decision pending
Just signed up for United Explorer 2 months ago, so not expecting good results ...plus my business revenue comes to a whopping $20 (good thing I don't rely on it).
Old Oct 1, 14, 3:03 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by beltway View Post
See the links in the wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html.

You do realize that the extra 10K points (70 vs 60) is worth an absolute minimum of $100, right? That more than covers the AF cost.
thanks and good point cause I was just gonna MS the extra 10k but I suppose it would 'cost' me about the same as the AF (not to mention the lost opportunity cost of that spend elsewhere,) so might as well do it the easy way with a nominal AF.

@topic - for the folks getting approved, how many of you are getting auto/instant approved or if it goes to pending- approved after a day or two automatically/without calling in? I ask cause most of us know that recon is usually a crapshoot. or was during small biz week earlier in the year (and unless something has changed since then) would very much like to avoid that experience.
Old Oct 1, 14, 6:05 am

Non-business expenses on Chase Ink Plus

I do not do any MS so I open cards only if I have big spending coming up. Thus, I have never had any business cards that typically require a higher spending threshold. My interest is piqued by this Ink Plus offer but I obviously do not have $5000 spending that can be categorized as business spending. I have a couple of non-business expenses coming up that would help me achieve the $5000 spend... ...a new wooden door, a home gym and some medical bills. My business that does not generate any money yet is related to blogging.

Does Chase keep track of the type of spending on a business card? Have they shut down accounts because of personal expenses on a business card? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JS
Old Oct 1, 14, 7:36 am

denied, in the process of opening a restaurant. Rep denied me because we hadn't opened yet.

You think I should try another rep?
Old Oct 1, 14, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Joe Schoomer View Post
I do not do any MS so I open cards only if I have big spending coming up. Thus, I have never had any business cards that typically require a higher spending threshold. My interest is piqued by this Ink Plus offer but I obviously do not have $5000 spending that can be categorized as business spending. I have a couple of non-business expenses coming up that would help me achieve the $5000 spend... ...a new wooden door, a home gym and some medical bills. My business that does not generate any money yet is related to blogging.

Does Chase keep track of the type of spending on a business card? Have they shut down accounts because of personal expenses on a business card? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JS
I think I've heard one or two reports of this kind of thing, but they were generally combined with Chase already looking for reasons to shut down abusive account holders. Most of us put personal expenses on our Inks regularly. No problem at all. For one thing, there's really no way for Chase to know whether that door, gym, etc. is a personal or business expense. As far as they know, you need a new door for your fitness center at your office.

But they also expect, and seem to be ok with, personal expenses on these cards. When I called to ask a question about the travel insurance on them, they asked if it was business or personal travel. Turns out the terms are slightly different for the two. But the mere fact that they have separate terms means that they do indeed expect some personal expenses on these things.
Old Oct 1, 14, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by calguy77 View Post
denied, in the process of opening a restaurant. Rep denied me because we hadn't opened yet.

You think I should try another rep?
Hmm. I probably would. I'm assuming you have a business license or some other kind of official paperwork already? You may not have opened, but you've begun business operations - planning, researching, buying equipment, etc. You should be exactly the kind of customer they're looking for - you've got all kinds of expenses coming up in the very near future. Focus on the fact that you've begun business operations, not that the restaurant isn't yet open. Many businesses are in business for months or years before they get to the point that they can take their first customer.
Old Oct 1, 14, 9:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
I got the Ink Bold in May and have received the 60k bonus points. Haven't used it much at all since meeting spend b/c of a low biz period, though I can certainly generate a little spend now on it. Sounds like the are phasing out the Bold, so I'm wondering if anyone has tried closing Bold and applying for Plus (to get the points) in one call. I see this as a sort of conversion. I hate doing business cards b/c of the interrogation (and I have a legit business, though small). Just wondering if how Chase might see this.
Old Oct 1, 14, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by daw4888 View Post
How close to your statement closing date did you hit the 5k mark? If it was within a few days, then you should just wait. Typically if you dont hit the mark at least 3 days prior to your statement there is a chance you wont get the points until the next statement. (The 5k has to be cleared by then, not still pending.)
Thanks. last transaction 09/19 probably had already been cleared by the closing day - 09/25, though may be right in the 3 days period. IDK for sure. I'll update on a situation in a month. Decided not to panic with your help..

Originally Posted by jjmiller69 View Post
My referral did not waive the $95 annual fee. Did anybody get one with the fee waived?
The refferral posts are deleted here, but I thought that was the notion from few of them, but may be they were just luring people by false no AF statement.

Last edited by avagyan; Oct 1, 14 at 10:47 am Reason: may be
Old Oct 1, 14, 11:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Explorist, UA Silver
I spent about $350 on wireless phone bill and internet bill every month, so it seems like I should get this card even if I don't plan to spend much on office stores. Is there a flyertalk referral link that would benefit this site?
Old Oct 1, 14, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH GLD (thanks Citi), former DL silver
I have an Ink Classic but would like this, but I am maxed out on what Chase will give and will almost certainly have to call recon to move credit. Not sure what to say though - any advice?
Old Oct 1, 14, 2:17 pm

Folks, you might want to keep in mind that if you have questions or issues that don't relate to the specific Ink Plus 70K offer that's the topic of this thread, you might want to post instead in one of these other threads:Posting in the right thread makes your question more likely to be seen & answered by people interested in the subject.
Old Oct 1, 14, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by waylook View Post
Has anyone ever gotten the Bold card soon after getting the Plus? How could you justify it if asked?
Well I might go with the explanation that (1) the Bold is a charge card which is great for keeping track of small recurring charges that sometimes slip through the cracks at your wonderful small business, but (2) However, your business also needs to have the ability to take on debt/loan (credit card) and it would be great to get a non-charge card or a card that will allow you to carry balances from month to month on larger purchases because you don't have the immediate cash to repay it every month.
Old Oct 1, 14, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
Does anyone know when the public 70K offer expires?

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: