Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA Targeted offer: 9000 Bonus Avios on $4500 Spend

Old Jan 17, 14, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

(Mods, feel free to consolidate if there are related offers)

No, 9,000 bonus avios isn't life-altering. However, if you're like me with no minimum spends currently in the picture, and you're given 4 months to do it, then why not? This is the card this just keeps on giving; I'd already exhausted the 100k bonus just a month before receiving this.

Targeted offer with personalized deep link to sign up for promotion.

I also have no idea why they sent me this seeing as to how I was still putting heavy spend on the card. Not like I had stopped using it.

EARN YOUR BONUS BY SPENDING $4,500 ON YOUR BRITISH AIRWAYS VISA® CARD FROM JANUARY 1 TO MARCH 31, 20141

Register for this special offer and get closer to your next adventure. Here's how it works:
1. REGISTER ONLINE by March 11, 2014.
Enroll now.
2. Use your card. Spend $4,500 on your British Airways Visa Card during the promotion period.
3. Receive 9,000 Bonus Avios. You can redeem them towards your next flight or save them up for an even bigger adventure.2
Old Jan 17, 14, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Suppose I should mention that I also got the corresponding Hyatt offer.

Mods, probably should please change thread title to reflect an aggregate Chase bonus thread...d'oh!

Thank you for being a Hyatt Credit Cardmember. We would like to provide you with an opportunity to earn 5,000 bonus points toward your next getaway with our Winter 2014 Points Promotion. Simply register for this promotion and then spend $3,000 or more on purchases from January 1 through March 31, 2014. After you have spent $3,000 during this timeframe, you will receive 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport® bonus points1 – in addition to the points you would already earn.

Your additional 5,000 bonus points will allow you to reach at least 8,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points. That's enough points for one night in a standard room at Hyatt Regency Johannesburg in South Africa or any other Category 2 Hyatt hotel worldwide.2
Old Jan 17, 14, 8:35 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, AA Gold
I was targeted as well tonight for the same offer, as well as a Hyatt promo to spend $3000 for 5000 Hyatt points. The offers were sent out within minutes.

I spent a little over $32k last year on my BA card. I was going to stop using it and move the spend around for other bonuses, but will throw a few VR's to my Chase BA card now.
Old Jan 18, 14, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dfwgolfer1 View Post
I was targeted as well tonight for the same offer, as well as a Hyatt promo to spend $3000 for 5000 Hyatt points. The offers were sent out within minutes.

I spent a little over $32k last year on my BA card. I was going to stop using it and move the spend around for other bonuses, but will throw a few VR's to my Chase BA card now.
My thinking exactly. Throw it 9 VRs and get a free DCA ORD RT on AA. Umm, ok, yeah I'll take that. Beggars can't be choosers.
Old Mar 24, 14, 11:53 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Anyone have this bonus post yet? I want to cancel my card or atleast try for a retention offer but am waiting for these to post. Hoping they post on 4/1 or so as the second statement since annual fee will close mid april.
Old Mar 24, 14, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA LTPlat; UA Plat; MR LTT; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by terpfan101 View Post
Anyone have this bonus post yet? I want to cancel my card or atleast try for a retention offer but am waiting for these to post. Hoping they post on 4/1 or so as the second statement since annual fee will close mid april.
IIRC, bonus points were to post 6-8 weeks after the end of the promo (so, after 3/31). My experience with promos on this card is that they mean it when they say that (unlike Citi, where promo points post within a couple of days of the statement closing despite similar language).
Old Apr 8, 14, 9:43 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AA, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
So, has anyone seen the points post yet?
Old Apr 9, 14, 6:57 pm

I didn't get targeted for this; when I inquired about my eligibility for this promo, Chase apologized for my ineligibility and gave me 1000 points :-)

Last edited by medellinfein; Apr 10, 14 at 6:02 pm Reason: clarity
Old Apr 10, 14, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by slocouple View Post
So, has anyone seen the points post yet?
no
Old Apr 22, 14, 3:46 pm

I just had 9k points post but I'm not sure if it was my retention offer (9k for 1.5k spend in 90 days) or this offer. Anyone else get this offer posted today/yesterday?
Old Apr 23, 14, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Have not had these points post yet. Usually in my experience on this particular card Chase is pretty prompt. Had a statement close 4/20 but still haven't even seen that statement yet, though. That statement had only an annual fee so I wonder if the fact that I didn't do any spend during that statement period might be throwing something off. Will give it a while longer.
Old May 12, 14, 11:07 am

Anyone receive these yet?
Old May 12, 14, 3:28 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz, Chase Credit Cards
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Yes, mine just posted.
Old May 12, 14, 6:29 pm

Good news, thanks for the data point. Haven't received mine yet.
Old May 13, 14, 10:35 am

Secure messaged and they said they manually added them and they'll show up on my May statement.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: