Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

What is the best current offer?
A. Beginning April 14, 2022, the public offer has been increased to 80,000 Bonus Points After You Spend $4,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening. Annual fee [$95] is not waived. This offer is now publicly available. Based on some datapoints, it may be possible to get this offer at your local Chase branch with a one year waiver of the annual fee.

For any CSP offer, be sure to check the pricing details before applying. Normally, the annual fee for the CSP for year 2 and later is $95; however, in mid-2014 and then again more recently, Chase began randomly changing the pricing for some visits to the pages above, with AF as high as $150. If you get a page with that higher pricing, try reloading the page.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. This card is subject to the Chase 5/24 policy. For details, see the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Q. I'm an authorized user for a card issued to my spouse/parent. Does that prevent me from signing up for the same card and earning a bonus?

A. No, being an authorized user does not prevent you from obtaining your own card / bonus.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. What's the value of a UR point? What are the best redemption options?

A. Because these questions are not specific to the Sapphire Preferred card, see discussion in the following separate threads:
Q. What are the benefits of this card other than UR points?

Benefits Guide https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred

A. See the discussion in Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits Thread, especially the source documents referenced in the wiki.
Other discussion
Which travel booking sites qualify for 2x points on CSP?

To review previous Sapphire Preferred thread, click HERE.

Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:25 am

The wiki application link is dead.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by zorobabel
The wiki application link is dead.
Fixed! Welcome to FlyerTalk. ^
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:48 pm

60k offer still around?

Last edited by factory81; Apr 9, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by factory81
60k offer still around?
Well, I have the Chase card page bookmarked. I scroll down the list of all of their cards periodically to see what is there. On the CSP, I have noticed that over the past few weeks they will move back and forth to have the 50K offer up for several days, then they will post the 60K offer for a few days, then 50K, then 60K, etc. As I am writing this, they are showing the 50K offer. But if you check everyday for a week or two, you might see the 60K pop up.

Chase Credit Card Finder
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:30 pm

Applied for CSP yesterday.
Got "Review" message. Automated line keep saying "7-10 days".
1/24, have Freedom card for 5 years, removed myself as AU from wife's CSR 10 days ago.

Should I call Chase or just sit and wait?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by stam27
1/24, have Freedom card for 5 years, removed myself as AU from wife's CSR 10 days ago.

Since you have the Freedom Card, you probably have an online account. Log into the online account and see if the CSP is listed. As far as calling is concerned, since this is a personal card, I don't know that it matters. People avoid calling business recon because of the grilling they can get from it. I would probably wait a couple of days, and check the online account off and on. But it is really up to you.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:08 am

If you want the card, you'll need to call at some point. Waiting will do you no good. It could be a simple ID verification.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:46 am

Called recon. Denied.
They said the only reason - because I have too many credit cards (10) and that I opened many of them at the same time (Jan 2016, 27 months ago).
I'm at 1/24...
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Called recon. Denied.
They said the only reason - because I have too many credit cards (10) and that I opened many of them at the same time (Jan 2016, 27 months ago).
I'm at 1/24...
Sounds like the kind of situation that a computer wouldn't pick up automatically with a strict algorithm of 5/24, but a human with manual review would pick up. Impossible to know what actually happened though, just guessing.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:26 pm

Called recon. Denied.
I'm at 1/24...
There is a possibility that there were other reasons, the agent just didn't tell you. Length of credit history and/or credit score could have been a factor in determining the number of total cards that Chase finds acceptable. Length of credit history is a tough one because it just takes time to work itself out.

I know people in their 70s that churn credit cards. They instantly get approved for almost everything with of the length of their credit history and credit score. The fact that most people who churn aren't in their demographic probably helps, too.

I am one of the people on this board who never calls recon unless I'm forced to do so. Chase is just getting tough!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
CSP 60k + 5k (AU) - 1st year AF waived offer

I see a new offer in my SO's chase login. She has the CFU presently and a banking relationship with them. This offer shows under Offers with Exclusively for you as the heading.. basically 60k UR for $4k spends within 3 months and 5k for AU. NO AF for 1st year clearly listed.

Does receiving this offer online mean she will get approved or is this also similar to a "pre-approval" only ?
Also, anyone used this offer by using a referral so that the referee also gets the 10k to maximize the bonus points ?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
I see a new offer in my SO's chase login. She has the CFU presently and a banking relationship with them. This offer shows under Offers with Exclusively for you as the heading.. basically 60k UR for $4k spends within 3 months and 5k for AU. NO AF for 1st year clearly listed.

Does receiving this offer online mean she will get approved or is this also similar to a "pre-approval" only ?
Also, anyone used this offer by using a referral so that the referee also gets the 10k to maximize the bonus points ?
60k bonus w/ no AF is a targeted offer -- you can't use referral link on a targeted offer

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/incre...al-fee-waived/
Old May 1, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Jatan
60k bonus w/ no AF is a targeted offer -- you can't use referral link on a targeted offer

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/incre...al-fee-waived/
hmmm, so its basically the same if someone refers since then its 10k for referrer and 50k for referee.
Does getting this targeted offer make it any easier to get this card ? My SO was declined for this cc in Jan as she had no CC with Chase. Since then she has a CFU with them with 3 months of usage, so wondering if she should apply now with this pre-approval or wait 2-3 more months (to hv a 6 month credit history with Chase)
Old May 3, 2018, 7:56 pm

From Doc: 80k UR offer (50K w $4,000 spend and add'l 30K after $20k spend in first year), first year AF waived, no 5k bonus for AU

https://creditcards.chase.com/reward...H0&SP4R=FH24R8
Old Jun 16, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I want to be safe before calling in to make changes. My wife has a sapphire preferred, which she's held for more than 2 years now. I foolishly didn't get her a sapphire reserve when it first came out, but figure I should try to churn the preferred at least once to get some additional points. My plan is to have her downgrade to the FU card, and then in a few weeks, have her reapply for the sapphire preferred, to get the 50 or 60k (depending on which is being offered at the time). She should be well under the 5/24, as we don't go through cards very often. Am I right in thinking that this will work based on the current rules? If so, how long after downgrading to the FU would you advise that we wait to re-apply for the sapphire preferred to be safe? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.