Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

What is the best current offer?
A. Beginning April 14, 2022, the public offer has been increased to 80,000 Bonus Points After You Spend $4,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening. Annual fee [$95] is not waived. This offer is now publicly available. Based on some datapoints, it may be possible to get this offer at your local Chase branch with a one year waiver of the annual fee.

For any CSP offer, be sure to check the pricing details before applying. Normally, the annual fee for the CSP for year 2 and later is $95; however, in mid-2014 and then again more recently, Chase began randomly changing the pricing for some visits to the pages above, with AF as high as $150. If you get a page with that higher pricing, try reloading the page.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. This card is subject to the Chase 5/24 policy. For details, see the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Q. I'm an authorized user for a card issued to my spouse/parent. Does that prevent me from signing up for the same card and earning a bonus?

A. No, being an authorized user does not prevent you from obtaining your own card / bonus.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. What's the value of a UR point? What are the best redemption options?

A. Because these questions are not specific to the Sapphire Preferred card, see discussion in the following separate threads:
Q. What are the benefits of this card other than UR points?

Benefits Guide https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred

A. See the discussion in Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits Thread, especially the source documents referenced in the wiki.
Other discussion
Which travel booking sites qualify for 2x points on CSP?

To review previous Sapphire Preferred thread, click HERE.

Print Wikipost

Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold

Originally Posted by Mea8
I saw a very early post about a 50K sign on bonus that is no longer valid. Are these common or to be expected a certain time of year? Or should I just go with the 40K and be grateful?
This morning I stumbled upon a link that was a 50,000 bonus after $3,000 in spend but had a $125 annual fee (and it had a picture of the new chip and signature card), but when I closed it out and reopened later, it was back to the 40,000. Not sure what happened. Thought maybe it was a cache thing but it had the picture of the new card so I don't think so...
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by laangelsfan
This morning I stumbled upon a link that was a 50,000 bonus after $3,000 in spend but had a $125 annual fee (and it had a picture of the new chip and signature card), but when I closed it out and reopened later, it was back to the 40,000. Not sure what happened. Thought maybe it was a cache thing but it had the picture of the new card so I don't think so...
I found the link on a chinese forum:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...ireprefsplit=4

open it in incognito mode just in case.

Prety sure it's not a referral, correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by divinebaboon

There is actually an additional 5000 points for adding an authorized user. So that is a 55,000 point offer. Thanks for posting!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Sapphire Preferred : 55k points after $3k spend.

I couldn't find a a thread for it...and if there's one, then apologies in advance and please delete this one.

The link.
Code:
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/sapphire-preferred-card.aspx?CELL=63WS&inkcashsplit=1&inkplussplit=1&sapphireprefsplit=4
Doesn't look to be a affiliate link.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

• 50k after $3000 spend in 3 months.
  • 5k after adding an authorized user
  • $0 Intro Annual Fee for the first year, after that $125
  • Chip Enabled and zero Forex

__________________________________________________ _________________________
Enjoy!

HT: Fatwallet.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by jatink129
  • $0 Intro Annual Fee for the first year, after that $125
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by davie355
Yeah...But then you're getting an additional 15,000 points to make up for the $30 difference. Look at it that way.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:44 pm
Suspended

..., I just got it 3 months ago.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:45 pm

Thanks for the link!

It may be a coincidence, but divinebaboon posted this about an hour and a half before you did in the Sapphire Preferred thread. If this happens to be divinebaboon's link, it would be nice to give a shot out in post #1. It looks like divinebaboon did some awesome work to track that link down.

Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by divinebaboon

Wiki updated.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:56 pm

Yeah...But then you're getting an additional 15,000 points to make up for the $30 difference. Look at it that way.
The 5k authorized user bonus is also valid for the $95/year offer.

On net you're looking at a bonus of 10,000 points once for an extra $30/year every year -- a losing proposition in the long term.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
Thanks for the link!

It may be a coincidence, but divinebaboon posted this about an hour and a half before you did in the Sapphire Preferred thread. If this happens to be divinebaboon's link, it would be nice to give a shot out in post #1. It looks like divinebaboon did some awesome work to track that link down.

Thanks!
I actually came across it in this thread on Fatwallet. Which is why it says HT: Fatwallet in my post.

If this has been mentioned elsewhere, then Please (mods) merge it.

I just wanted to share the link. ^^
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by davie355
The 5k authorized user bonus is also valid for the $95/year offer.

On net you're looking at a bonus of 10,000 points once for an extra $30/year every year -- a losing proposition in the long term.
Most people don't hold on to the card each year. I wouldn't. I'd rather hold on to the Ink Bold which would also allow me to transfer my points out.

As for the additional 5k, it must be a new thing. When I got my CSP, there was no such additional bonus!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:11 pm

Kind of strange they have the increased fee. I wonder if they'll be increasing it on all new cards, in time.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:22 pm

I actually came across it in this thread on Fatwallet. Which is why it says HT: Fatwallet in my post.

If this has been mentioned elsewhere, then Please (mods) merge it.

I just wanted to share the link. ^^

A post by clarkkentorkalel at the bottom of the thread on Fat Wallet as I am reading it has an SM from Chase saying the offer is only good for applicants who apply TODAY!

http://www.fatwallet.com/static/atta...spresponse.png
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by jeanie
A post by clarkkentorkalel at the bottom of the thread on Fat Wallet as I am reading it has an SM from Chase saying the offer is only good for applicants who apply TODAY!

http://www.fatwallet.com/static/atta...spresponse.png
Thanks for the tip. I applied just now and was approved instantly. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.