Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

What is the best current offer?
A. Beginning April 14, 2022, the public offer has been increased to 80,000 Bonus Points After You Spend $4,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening. Annual fee [$95] is not waived. This offer is now publicly available. Based on some datapoints, it may be possible to get this offer at your local Chase branch with a one year waiver of the annual fee.

For any CSP offer, be sure to check the pricing details before applying. Normally, the annual fee for the CSP for year 2 and later is $95; however, in mid-2014 and then again more recently, Chase began randomly changing the pricing for some visits to the pages above, with AF as high as $150. If you get a page with that higher pricing, try reloading the page.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. This card is subject to the Chase 5/24 policy. For details, see the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Q. I'm an authorized user for a card issued to my spouse/parent. Does that prevent me from signing up for the same card and earning a bonus?

A. No, being an authorized user does not prevent you from obtaining your own card / bonus.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. What's the value of a UR point? What are the best redemption options?

A. Because these questions are not specific to the Sapphire Preferred card, see discussion in the following separate threads:
Q. What are the benefits of this card other than UR points?

Benefits Guide https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred

A. See the discussion in Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits Thread, especially the source documents referenced in the wiki.
Other discussion
Which travel booking sites qualify for 2x points on CSP?

To review previous Sapphire Preferred thread, click HERE.

Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2020, 5:12 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
The 80K offer is still there this morning, Nov 8.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by EdofFX
Today probably the last day. I saw other forums stating today the last day
Old Nov 8, 2020, 10:16 am
RNE

Will it be there tomorrow, one wonders.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 6:01 am

It is still there this morning, Nov. 9. May be they forgot to take it down? It does say limited time offer.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 8:18 am
RNE

It is still there this morning, Nov. 9. May be they forgot to take it down? It does say limited time offer.
Or maybe -- just maybe -- the much-vaunted talking heads were mistaken. *gasp*
Old Nov 9, 2020, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by RNE
I read somewhere online that someone said promo might be extended until December 2. Chase doesn't have an official date on their site. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old Nov 9, 2020, 6:40 pm

No complaint if the offer get extended. The longer the extension, the better as more people will be eligible.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Bad news. It dropped to 60k. It's on Chase website
Old Nov 9, 2020, 8:47 pm

Anyone know if Chase matches expired offers? I was planning on applying and just missed it by a few hours it seems.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by pkoo
Anyone know if Chase matches expired offers? I was planning on applying and just missed it by a few hours it seems.
Referrals are still 80k as I write this. Use a friend's link. Or find one in the referral thread.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 8:33 am
RNE

Originally Posted by trikotret
Bad news. It dropped to 60k. It's on Chase website
Yeah, bummer, but that means I was correct to apply when I did. I have a shot at the 80k. A long shot, but still.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 9:03 am
RNE

Just now, my login page shows the 80k offer. But when you click through, it's 60k.

Old Nov 10, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by pallhedge
Referrals are still 80k as I write this. Use a friend's link. Or find one in the referral thread.
Never understood the reluctance to use someone's referral. Unless of course it benefits them.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
I checked & my referral bonus is down to 60K. YMMV.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 8:11 am
RNE

What once was may be so again.

RNE, pining for the return of the 80k SUB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.