Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

What is the best current offer?
A. Beginning April 14, 2022, the public offer has been increased to 80,000 Bonus Points After You Spend $4,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening. Annual fee [$95] is not waived. This offer is now publicly available. Based on some datapoints, it may be possible to get this offer at your local Chase branch with a one year waiver of the annual fee.

For any CSP offer, be sure to check the pricing details before applying. Normally, the annual fee for the CSP for year 2 and later is $95; however, in mid-2014 and then again more recently, Chase began randomly changing the pricing for some visits to the pages above, with AF as high as $150. If you get a page with that higher pricing, try reloading the page.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. This card is subject to the Chase 5/24 policy. For details, see the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Q. I'm an authorized user for a card issued to my spouse/parent. Does that prevent me from signing up for the same card and earning a bonus?

A. No, being an authorized user does not prevent you from obtaining your own card / bonus.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. What's the value of a UR point? What are the best redemption options?

A. Because these questions are not specific to the Sapphire Preferred card, see discussion in the following separate threads:
Q. What are the benefits of this card other than UR points?

Benefits Guide https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred

A. See the discussion in Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits Thread, especially the source documents referenced in the wiki.
Other discussion
Which travel booking sites qualify for 2x points on CSP?

To review previous Sapphire Preferred thread, click HERE.

Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:40 pm

It's Back! Chase Sapphire Preferred card: 50,000 UR points after $3K spend

Highlights:
- You earn 50,000 UR points after spending $3K in the first 3 months. (Normal sign-up bonus is 40,000 UR points after $3K.)
- You can earn another 5,000 UR points by adding an authorized user.
- No annual fee in the first year; $125 in the 2nd year and beyond. (Used to be $95.)

Link: https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...aspx?CELL=63WS

If that link doesn't work for you, try visiting the link in an "Incognito Window" (in Chrome browser)
Also, here is an alternate link supplied by divinebabboon:
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...ireprefsplit=4

Last edited by joelmeu; Nov 18, 2013 at 3:32 pm
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:43 pm

Can we add authorized user on the existing card to get the 5k in points?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:43 pm
Used to be highman123

Seems targeted - shows this for me:

EARN 40,000 BONUS POINTS....
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:44 pm

I wonder if the increased $125 annual fee makes it a new product for us to apply and get the bonus again.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:44 pm

$125 in the 2nd year and beyond.
Don't like that at all. $30 increase?

I wonder if the increased $125 annual fee makes it a new product for us to apply and get the bonus again.
That'd be interesting. I wouldn't mind another CSP.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Seems targeted - shows this for me:

EARN 40,000 BONUS POINTS....
try incognito mode

and this link too (from the Chase Ultimate Rewards subforum thread)
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by ponickka
Can we add authorized user on the existing card to get the 5k in points?
Doubt it, but send a secure message to chase, doesn't hurt to ask.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Too bad it isn't like the Ink where the old one is MC and the new one is a Visa.

I'm cycling through all the Ink cards again.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by divinebaboon
try incognito mode

and this link too (from the Chase Ultimate Rewards subforum thread)
Thanks! I added that link and recommendation to the original post as well.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:58 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by joelmeu
Thanks! I added that link and recommendation to the original post as well.
Thanks folks - I can see it now!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by beachfan
Too bad it isn't like the Ink where the old one is MC and the new one is a Visa.

I'm cycling through all the Ink cards again.
Has it been confirmed that this actually works?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I wish I could apply again.. it's been 2 years since my Chase Sapphire Preferred non-chip application. Wish the non-chip and chip version were two different products, lol.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Not that it matters since no one should be carrying balances on a rewards card, but the APR is 15.99% instead of 15.24% for the "normal" CSP offer.

This offer seems to be targeted at the Citi TY Premier. Doesn't really make any sense otherwise.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 4:46 pm

NB:

it seems that you can change the "CELL=63WS" to any other 2-digit number and still reach the same offer (50k/$125 ann fee). in fact, you can cut out "CELL=63&" from the url and still get the same offer.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:01 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by romsdeals3
I wish I could apply again.. it's been 2 years since my Chase Sapphire Preferred non-chip application. Wish the non-chip and chip version were two different products, lol.
Why can't you? Has your account been closed for 2 years?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.