Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

What is the best current offer?
A. Beginning April 14, 2022, the public offer has been increased to 80,000 Bonus Points After You Spend $4,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening. Annual fee [$95] is not waived. This offer is now publicly available. Based on some datapoints, it may be possible to get this offer at your local Chase branch with a one year waiver of the annual fee.

For any CSP offer, be sure to check the pricing details before applying. Normally, the annual fee for the CSP for year 2 and later is $95; however, in mid-2014 and then again more recently, Chase began randomly changing the pricing for some visits to the pages above, with AF as high as $150. If you get a page with that higher pricing, try reloading the page.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. This card is subject to the Chase 5/24 policy. For details, see the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Q. I'm an authorized user for a card issued to my spouse/parent. Does that prevent me from signing up for the same card and earning a bonus?

A. No, being an authorized user does not prevent you from obtaining your own card / bonus.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. What's the value of a UR point? What are the best redemption options?

A. Because these questions are not specific to the Sapphire Preferred card, see discussion in the following separate threads:
Q. What are the benefits of this card other than UR points?

Benefits Guide https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred

A. See the discussion in Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits Thread, especially the source documents referenced in the wiki.
Other discussion
Which travel booking sites qualify for 2x points on CSP?

To review previous Sapphire Preferred thread, click HERE.

Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Old Sep 27, 2021, 3:33 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bdelariva
....Can she keep that card and apply for Chase Sapphire Preferred 100K Bonus?.
No. Here are the terms of the Sapphire Preferred offer:

This product is available to you if you do not have any Sapphire card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for any Sapphire card in the past 48 months.
Note that 48 months is measured from when she received the Sapphire Reserve bonus, NOT from when she opened the account.

If she downgrades Sapphire Reserve to any Freedom card she can apply for Sapphire Preferred in about four days. If she cancels rather than downgrading she needs to wait a month.

Last edited by mia; Sep 29, 2021 at 10:54 am
Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:38 am

Originally signed up & got 100k SUB for Reserve in 2016. Produce change CSR: 09/17/2021 to Freedom Flex. Applied for CSP via wife referral link and was instantly approved: 09/29/2021.

Assuming everything goes through properly, that will be another 100k after the spending requirements.
RNE likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 9:33 am

Chase UR points transfer

First time here and wanted some advice. I signed up for the CSR 5 years ago got the 100k bonus and downgraded to the freedom a few years back and have sat on my points ( around 200k) to save for my honeymoon next year. Ive come to realize I need to have a current CSR or CSP to actually transfer those points out to another program. Ive been pre-approved for the CSP and the current 100k sign-up offer so I'm most likely doing that. The only thing I'm hesitant on is that I've read that if I've had any sapphire bonus within the past 48 months and the chase customer service has been 0 help verifying the timeline of when i got the previous bonus on the CSR. On the pre-approval page it shows the 100k though.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Typically, one has to meet the minimum-spend requirement within several months of opening the CSR, and the bonus posts promptly after meeting the requirement. So if you truly opened the card 60 or more months ago, you should have nothing to worry about.

And welcome to FT!
philemer likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:55 am
RNE

Originally Posted by gamecock2009
First time here and wanted some advice. I signed up for the CSR 5 years ago got the 100k bonus and downgraded to the freedom a few years back and have sat on my points ( around 200k) to save for my honeymoon next year. Ive come to realize I need to have a current CSR or CSP to actually transfer those points out to another program. Ive been pre-approved for the CSP and the current 100k sign-up offer so I'm most likely doing that. The only thing I'm hesitant on is that I've read that if I've had any sapphire bonus within the past 48 months and the chase customer service has been 0 help verifying the timeline of when i got the previous bonus on the CSR. On the pre-approval page it shows the 100k though.
The advice from guv1976 is good. Also, you can go ahead and apply; if you're not eligible for the bonus your application won't go through and there won't be a credit report pulled. Thus, there's nothing to lose by trying.

RNE, wishing you a happy honeymoon.
gamecock2009 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:58 am

Thats exactly what I was looking for, i didn't want to apply and get approved and somehow the bonus not work.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 1:25 pm

100k offer might be ending on Wed 10/6 according to Dans Deals -- Google "chase sapphire preferred" and the ad at the top also shows "All-New Sapphire Preferred - Offer Ends in 3 days"

Not sure if that applies to all offer channels (online/branch/referral)
opus2002 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 1:26 pm

Just got approved, kinda annoyed they did a hard pull on a pre approval card.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 1:30 pm

Trying to get hold of a representative to get the card expedited and i forgot how bad chase customer service is compared to Amex haha, waiting 20 minutes just to talk to a person.
lax01 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 1:55 pm

nevermind
Old Oct 4, 2021, 1:59 pm

Called that number and its over a 20 minute wait, glad im just getting these points and then going back to my amex.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by Jatan
100k offer might be ending on Wed 10/6 according to Dans Deals -- Google "chase sapphire preferred" and the ad at the top also shows "All-New Sapphire Preferred - Offer Ends in 3 days"

Not sure if that applies to all offer channels (online/branch/referral)
Doctor of Credit said Chase has confirmed that it is ending October 6. But, the referral link is still unknown if it will end as well on that date.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 7:48 pm

Trying to get hold of a representative to get the card expedited and i forgot how bad chase customer service is compared to Amex haha, waiting 20 minutes just to talk to a person.
That and they literally won't expedite the CSP (at least when I asked)
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:20 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Called that number and its over a 20 minute wait, glad im just getting these points and then going back to my amex.
I waited 25 minutes today, and then was disconnected. Chase customer service is not good.
gamecock2009 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:00 am

Just got approved, kinda annoyed they did a hard pull on a pre approval card.
Welcome to the board.

As to the nature of your post I'm quoting I feel compelled to ask a question, "Are You Special"?

Given your annoyance over JP Morgan Chase choosing to inform any and all other lenders that YOU asked them to open a new tradeline and extend you new credit, why do you think they should have hidden that Data Point from other lenders?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.