Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
As of Oct 2019, offer is as follows:

• $200 (20K UR points) for $500 spend in first 3 months.
  • No annual fees.
  • This is the best available offer since the past few years.
  • Public Application Link

What can I do with Chase Freedom Ultimate Rewards (UR) points?

• Transfer them to a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Ink Business UR points at 1:1. If you own one of those cards, this is probably the best option for you.
  • Redeem for cash back (statement credit or to a checking account), 1 cent per UR point. So, the 20K UR points for signing up will get you $200 cash back. This is generally the default option if you do not own a Sapphire or Ink card.
  • Redeem them for various gift cards, or shop with points at Amazon.com (usually same value as cash back, eg. $25 for 2500 UR).
  • Book flights/hotels/car rental/activities through Ultimate Rewards, and pay in full or in part using points (1 cent per UR).

More info here: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/09/maxi...hase-trifecta/

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by beltway
You can earn UR with your Freedom card & transfer to any of your wife's UR accounts.

Note: to transfer her UR points to a partner account (e.g., for an airline FFP) in your name, you must be an AU on her applicable Chase card account. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-accounts.html
So to clarify on this... Can my wife REFER me to get a Chase Freedom card, which would then get her a referral bonus and then I earn the bonus?

Then... I'd like to transfer to her, but in order for me to transfer, I need to actually have an authorized user card with her, right? So I need to apply for the Freedom on my own, and then I need her to get me an Authorized User Sapphire card, right?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by beltway
I'm guessing you made the mistake of calling.

If so, this should serve as a warning to others.
I did call, but what was my alternative, sit and wait until they send me a decline letter in the mail?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone know if rental cars are included in this quarter's bonus?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by 9volt
Anyone know if rental cars are included in this quarter's bonus?
You can always go to the calendar for the Freedom card to see the details of each quarterly bonus category/ies. In this case,
Includes taxis, subways, local commuter buses and trains; does not include parking, tolls, and Amtrak® purchases
None of that covers rental cars.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:25 pm

So I'm in a frustrating situation - I applied for the Chase Freedom with the $150 cash back + $25 for authorized user. Easily hit both requirements, patiently waited for the bonus to post and it has never posted.

I called twice and each time was told by Chase representatives that I just had to wait - it takes a while to post.

I called just then and was told that my application never included that offer - even though it was on the Chase site I applied through. I was told the front line service user could do nothing so they escalated me through to a supervisor who also told me that they could do nothing - they would escalate it to the marketing department who would respond to me in writing.

Does anyone have any advice in this situation? I have no screenshot of the Chase website from my application - I wish I had and from now on I will screenshot website offers before making credit card applications. It's very frustrating as Chase has unilaterally decided to deny me an inducement that they used to get me in the door.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I had the same thing with Chase with a different card (OnePass Plus). I applied when they had a crazy 65K mile bonus - 50K just for making a purchase, 10K for adding an authorized user, 5K for spending $1,000 in 3 months. Oh, and $50 statement credit. (Almost sounds too good to be true.)

Found the banner on Continental's website and signed up. Only got 50K miles, no extra 15K and no $50. I pushed and pushed and they claimed it was never part of my offer (and I never thought to screenshot the original ad). I just pushed and escalated to supervisor, and finally they relented.

And yes, lesson learned for any signup offer.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Productivity
So I'm in a frustrating situation - I applied for the Chase Freedom with the $150 cash back + $25 for authorized user. Easily hit both requirements, patiently waited for the bonus to post and it has never posted.

I called twice and each time was told by Chase representatives that I just had to wait - it takes a while to post.

I called just then and was told that my application never included that offer - even though it was on the Chase site I applied through. I was told the front line service user could do nothing so they escalated me through to a supervisor who also told me that they could do nothing - they would escalate it to the marketing department who would respond to me in writing.

Does anyone have any advice in this situation? I have no screenshot of the Chase website from my application - I wish I had and from now on I will screenshot website offers before making credit card applications. It's very frustrating as Chase has unilaterally decided to deny me an inducement that they used to get me in the door.
Try Secure Message and Twitter as well.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
PC from Ink +?

Will Chase allow a PC (product change) to the Freedom from my Ink Plus? I have the CSR and can't see paying two AF.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
You can downgrade to the Ink Cash, which still has 5X for office supplies and Internet.

No annual fee but it has FTF.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
You can downgrade to the Ink Cash, which still has 5X for office supplies and Internet.

No annual fee but it has FTF.
That would work too but the Freedom would be better. I'll call them and see what they say. ^ Thx!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
CF / CFU - Current new application bonus

Hi,
Is the current best bonus offer 15k UR + 2.5kUR (AU) or are there tricks to get the 25k/30k UR offers online or thru branch visits ?
Thanx
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Hi,
Is the current best bonus offer 15k UR + 2.5kUR (AU) or are there tricks to get the 25k/30k UR offers online or thru branch visits ?
Thanx
None that I've heard about.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
None that I've heard about.
Bah! I really want 1 more Chase and I have a time sensitive payment coming up, but I'm not sure 15K UR is worth skipping a 50K offer from other issuers. 30K would be.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:32 pm

Do we still get 2500 UR points for adding AU? I don’t see it on their website.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Do we still get 2500 UR points for adding AU? I don’t see it on their website.
I believe we do and this was mentioned by one of the posters earlier. I remember reading those.
SuperKirby likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.