Wiki Posts
Search

Ultimate Rewards and Refunds

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2013, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Ultimate Rewards and Refunds

Hi everyone.

Sorry I couldn't find a more general thread for this topic. How does Chase handle Ultimate Rewards points earned for purchases that were later refunded? Case in point: I bought an airline ticket last month for $1000. The statement closed, and I received the points. There was a schedule change recently, so I had to cancel the flight and get a refund. I then booked another ticket.

Is Chase going to apply a -2000 points (2x for travel) to my account? I also had purchased the flight through the ULtimate Rewards mall, and those bonus miles posted and were credited to my account last statement too.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:13 am

When your next statement closes, you'll see an adjustment (for the purchase refund and the UR portal bonus.)
Old Oct 10, 2013, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
When your next statement closes, you'll see an adjustment (for the purchase refund and the UR portal bonus.)
Good to know thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Anybody know how this would work with a UR Mall purchase using another CC ?
If I buy something from Kohls via UR Mall using another card, and I return it in-store, how would Chase ever know ?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by dgwright99
Anybody know how this would work with a UR Mall purchase using another CC ?
If I buy something from Kohls via UR Mall using another card, and I return it in-store, how would Chase ever know ?
The details of your return go back into the POS system, which in turn reports back to Chase and your points get deducted. That's been my experience at Kohl's, Macy's, Nordstrom... everywhere. Card used is irrelevent.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: aa, spg
Yeah, Kohls is pretty good about tracking transactions and taking back portal points, like all merchants I'm aware of.

I've had a few cases of this when I returned some items I wanted to resell after reading FM's Kohls write-ups.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.