Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. Please see the discussion and current wiki here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: BA
Also do flights booked by transferring points to partners not get any of the Visa Signature traveler benefits (like luggage insurance and trip cancellation insurance) that you would have gotten if you booked the flight with points or cash using the card?
Old Dec 7, 2013, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by wiivile
Also do flights booked by transferring points to partners not get any of the Visa Signature traveler benefits (like luggage insurance and trip cancellation insurance) that you would have gotten if you booked the flight with points or cash using the card?
As this has nothing to do with UR transfers (and is really just a question about redemption(s) in particular programs), I'd suggest you ask in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk-730/ or in the forums for the applicable FFP(s).
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:22 pm

I understood I can transfer non fees base card's UR to fee base card (of mine or spouse), Would transferred points ever expired? Can I transfer again transferred points to another fee base card? My goal is to apply minimum one fee base card every year between me and wife and keep transferring points to new account and cancel old card before AF. Is this doable?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:18 am

Hyatt points: how fast?

How long does it take for points to be transferred from UR to Hyatt?
Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
It's been immediate in my experience.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Pretty much instant for UR>Hyatt.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, AA GLD, Hyatt PLT, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Kat007
How long does it take for points to be transferred from UR to Hyatt?
Thanks.
Was on the phone with Hyatt to check availability...transferred points from UR to Hyatt and the rep saw the transfer within 3 seconds. I logged in and logged out online and they were there
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:53 am

I need to transfer my chase sapphire preferred points out of the account & I will just transfer to another Chase card for now. Next, I will cancel the Chase Sapphire preferred because they are going to charge the annual fee soon.

Also, (totally new question) if plan on selling points out of airline or hotel partner account, what is the best hotel or airline partner to transfer the points to?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:55 am

Data point on a UA transfer:

I transferred UR points from my wife's Ink Bold to my UA Account (same household and I'm an AU on her card). The transfer was not instant - as had been my experience in the past - so I started to get a little worried that there was a problem.

I decided to give it a day before making any calls. Thankfully, the points appeared in my UA account roughly 8 hours later.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:45 pm

Which Chase CC can transfer miles to UA/WN and Link with other CC in Ultimate Rewards

Ok,
So, the title says it all...almost.
Here's the deal:
I have a Chase Freedom Card with a bunch of points and want to transfer those
miles to United Airlines.

Chase Freedom doesn't allow it, and neither does my other card, Chase Sapphire (regular version).

I know that Chase Sapphire PREFERRED used to allow it, does it still?
Are there other options?

So, to recap, the card must allow transfer of points between other cards through Chase's Ultimate Rewards - this is a must, bc I have to transfer the points from my Freedom.
AND, once the points are safely in the other CC account, be able to transfer them to United.

PS, what is the transfer ratio? Is it 1:1? Are there increments?

Thank you Thank you Thank you!
New member here trying to get the most out of my miles. I want to book two first class round trip tickets to Cali!

bnV
Old Dec 28, 2013, 1:08 pm

Yes, Sapphire preferred allows this. 1 to 1 transfer. Transfer in increments of 1000.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 1:39 pm

thanks gunner...
any other chase credit cards that allow this.
I already had the sapphire preferred and was looking to avoid the annual fee.
I plan to cancel within a year if need be.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Ink Plus/Bold cards have that transfer option as well. Also, they are business cards and Chase has become more strict about approving non-obvious businesses recently according to the grumblings. But it does appear that they're fee-free for the first year.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 3:19 pm

Thanks again,

Does Sapphire Preferred also allow transfer of miles to SouthWest Airlines?

I might consider using them instead.

TIA
BNV
Old Dec 28, 2013, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My experience with the Chase Freedom card was I had to cash out the points. They would not allow any transfer of them to a different Chase card. Fortunately I had just hit the level of a cash exchange for the points. So I took the cash, closed the card and opened the Explorer card with the credit line of the Freedom card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.