Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. Please see the discussion and current wiki here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Old Dec 27, 2016, 7:40 am

Exclamation UR to WN (Southwest) transfer delay (late December 2016).

Anyone else run into a situation where transfer to Southwest RR was NOT instant? I transferred 108k points yesterday and they have still not shown up. I did a test transfer of 1k a few hours after the 108k point transfer and it went through instantly.

I've talked to Southwest who say they don't see anything and can't lookup point transfers by the confirmation # Chase gives and Chase says the point transfer is still "in progress" and can't explain why the 1k transfer went through but the 108k transfer is still in progress.

Doing 108 1k transfers would have been faster at this point.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:39 am

Southwest transfers not instantaneous anymore, apparently?

Originally Posted by AardvarkAttack
Anyone else run into a situation where transfer to Southwest RR was NOT instant? I transferred 108k points yesterday and they have still not shown up. I did a test transfer of 1k a few hours after the 108k point transfer and it went through instantly.

I've talked to Southwest who say they don't see anything and can't lookup point transfers by the confirmation # Chase gives and Chase says the point transfer is still "in progress" and can't explain why the 1k transfer went through but the 108k transfer is still in progress.

Doing 108 1k transfers would have been faster at this point.
I've had the same problem. I transferred 16,000 miles last night around 7 PM from my UR account. At 9:30 AM the following morning, still not reflected in my Southwest RR account. A call to CSR customer service indicates that the transfer went through right away on their end, and I was advised to call Southwest. I called RR customer service and was told I'd need to wait at least until the end of today. The phone agent insisted that these transfers are not instantaneous, and that it may take some time clear the backlog from the holidays. Has their policy changed, or was this agent just incorrect?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: AA, SPG
Exclamation UR to Southwest Delays Unknown Cause

Be advised. UR transfers to Southwest have always been instantaneous for me. Last night I transferred 30k+ points and they did not appear. Looked today and still not showing. I called SWA and they said perhaps some year end processing caused a delay but unknown. Chase reps did not have any info other than to wait and see.

I tried another 1,000 transfer today and that did not go through either.

You may want to test a 1,000 transfer before committing a large balance.

Anyone else having issues with Chase UR to Rapid Rewards this week?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 2:08 pm

I attempted to transfer 30k+ points on Dec 23 that never appeared. I thought it was a name mismatch; WN account has my middle name but Chase UR doesn't. On the 24th, I called to remove my middle name and a 1k transfer went through. I transferred another 8k that day and it went through too.

The original 30k+ transfer hasn't appeared yet, but I'm not sure if it's truly a name mismatch or a year end delay.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by mortalwombat
I attempted to transfer 30k+ points on Dec 23 that never appeared. I thought it was a name mismatch; WN account has my middle name but Chase UR doesn't. On the 24th, I called to remove my middle name and a 1k transfer went through. I transferred another 8k that day and it went through too.

The original 30k+ transfer hasn't appeared yet, but I'm not sure if it's truly a name mismatch or a year end delay.
I suspect it's not a name matching problem. My full name (including middle name) are on both my Chase UR and WN accounts, and it's now been over 24 hours since the transfer was made but no points yet showing in my WN account.

I'm going to run into trouble soon, though, because my WN account is about to expire since it's almost been 2 years with no activity. This is bordering on ridiculous w/ Chase saying it's supposed to be instant but WN saying the opposite.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:31 pm

Transfer to WN seems random

These are the data from yesterday to today:

1 each 20,000, 9,000, 2000 transfer did not go through.

2 each 2000 and 1 1000 transfer went through instantly.

I thought 2000 pts transfer would be safe, after 2 successes, but nope, the 3rd got stuck, within a minute of the previous 2 instant ones.

Now we have to see when do these points get "unstuck".
Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:49 pm

Same problem here. I've done plenty of transfers to Southwest over the years, all instantaneous. Today I transferred 16,000 points and an hour later, they still haven't showed up. Nothing has changed on my side, so unclear what's going on. I'll give it a day or two, then call.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:40 pm

Calling seems useless. Southwest told me there is nothing they could do, and it could take up to 6-8 weeks. Chase told me it's a known issue lately with a number of partners, and they expect it would take up to 7 business days to resolve.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 2:44 pm

I ended up calling. My Chase rep said that because of high usage of the point transfer system, there are delays and it should be resolved within 1-2 business days. Likely no one there knows what's going on, so we're all getting different stories. Wait and see.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 4:32 pm

My 30k transfer from the 23rd showed up this morning. Didn't contact anyone after the 24th when Chase "escalated" it to the UR rewards team (whatever that means).
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:49 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Thread Now Archived

This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.