Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. Please see the discussion and current wiki here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Old May 24, 2013, 9:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia
Chase is coasting based on their relationship with United Airlines. When UA devalues their partner redemption chart many will regret holding points in a program with no other Star Alliance partner.
I don't think that will happen anytime soon. With the AA merger coming through, AA won't devalue their chart for at least another 18 months and I doubt UA will want to be the only stray airline making a large devaluation
Old May 25, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: Work in progress.
But at the end of the day, these are all just theories right?
Look what happened with Hilton. Given that hotel devaluations were happening left and right but who could have foreseen such a HUGE devaluation?

Which is why I wonder about the people who claim to have 500k or more (and building) in their accounts.
I've realized that (IMO) the best strategy is to earn and burn*.

*Some exclusions apply. Obviously.
Old May 27, 2013, 12:33 pm

There is at least the bottom line option for the 1:1c for Cash / 1.25 cpm booking via UR Travel option in the event of a huge UA devaluation.
Old May 27, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by Ragnarok
There is at least the bottom line option for the 1:1c for Cash / 1.25 cpm booking via UR Travel option in the event of a huge UA devaluation.
True, but if there was an UA devaluation, I would seriously reconsider keep the CSP. It's the ability to transfer to United that keeps me earning UR points.
Old May 27, 2013, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by businessmachine
I don't think that will happen anytime soon. With the AA merger coming through, AA won't devalue their chart for at least another 18 months and I doubt UA will want to be the only stray airline making a large devaluation
Right to the point. Devaluing doesn't make sense as a business decision in the short run.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:06 am

Airline Transfer Information

Hi there I know points can be converted to BA, Virgin, Korean, UA etc. but my question goes another level. From those programs can someone compile a list of other airlines on who you can award flights with. Also generally what are the taxes/surcharges involved with airlines such as Qatar, Emirates, Etihad etc.

Also can I transfer my BA Avios to Chase UR?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:37 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
...can someone compile a list of other airlines on who you can award flights with.
You can easily do this.

British Airways' redemption partners are listed here:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...d/public/en_us

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_us

BAEC Avois cannot be transferred to Ultimate Rewards or any other program.

Korean Air's redemption partners can be located by navigating:

http://www.koreanair.com/ Home > SKYPASS > Redeem Miles > Partner Airlines

United Airlines' redemption partners are listed here:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...airawards.aspx

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...airawards.aspx

Virgin Atlantic's redemption partners are listed here:

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us...ines/index.jsp

Last edited by mia; Jul 25, 2013 at 8:42 am
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:20 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Million Miler
Transfer time from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Southwest

I just attempted to transfer some UR points to my RR account. Points are not showing in my RR account.

Previous transfers to BA and Hyatt have been instantaneous. Is there a hold on RR transfers?

Thanks!
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:26 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Million Miler
Disregard. Points took about 30 minutes to post.

I was sweating it for a minute because I was looking to book travel for the next day.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 7:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Did you log off first?
Old Sep 14, 2013, 11:58 am

i've done a few transfers to RR, all instantaneously
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:39 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Transfer time from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Southwest

I had a similar experience that phdtomd is talking about, but with transferring to my BA account. I had to logout, then log back in to see the Avios that I had requested from Chase UR. Turns out, it was an instantaneous transfer.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Ultimate Rewards transfer partners and times.

I thought the transfer of Chase UR points to partner programs was supposed to be immediate, and the Chase UR agent confirmed this. In practice, is there a slight delay? I admit I was forced to transfer 25K points to Marriott Rewards (ug), and they haven't shown up after 10 minutes, despite logging out and in.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
I thought the transfer of Chase UR points to partner programs was supposed to be immediate, and the Chase UR agent confirmed this. In practice, is there a slight delay? I admit I was forced to transfer 25K points to Marriott Rewards (ug), and they haven't shown up after 10 minutes, despite logging out and in.
Eh, don't know why people are so down on transferring to Marriott.

In general yes it's bad, however if it gets you to the next tier of flight + hotel it seems well worth the 10% bump in miles if you value/use the miles (ie have 220k MR you'd normally get 7 nights + 77k miles, however with an additional 30k MR you get an additional 33k miles)
Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Marriott, Ritz, and IHG Transfers Aren't Immediate

After no points had shown up in my Marriott account in 15 hours, and the hotel I wanted was now sold out, I made a pretty agitated call back to Chase. The agent said that transfers to the above partners aren't immediate, despite what I'd been told. (Note those partners also offer the worst transfer value.) He said the transfer could take up to a week.

The agent offered to escalate my request that the points be returned to my UR account, and added 2K points as a customer service gesture. We'll see.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.