Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase targeted bonus offers for Q4 2013. BA, WN, HGP

Old Sep 26, 13, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Mods feel free to move/remove/merge this, and my apologies in advance if you need to do so, but I just received this bonus offer from the Chase BA Visa (the 100k bonus offer running that they pulled in spring 2013), and didn't see any mention of it elsewhere...

Get closer to your next adventure:

Earn 5,000 Bonus Avios when you spend at least $5,000 on your British Airways Visa® Card from October 1 to November 30, 2013.1

1. Use your card. Spend $5,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa Card during the promotion period. Any purchase counts!

2. Receive 5,000 Bonus Avios. These are in addition to the Avios you earn on every purchase, everyday.

3. Redeem for as little as 9,000 Avios on British Airways and oneworld®. You can redeem roundtrip from London to Dublin for only 9,000 Avios and $55 in taxes, fees and carrier charges.*

Nothing in the T&C seems to indicate that it conflicts with the earning of other bonuses (I'm working on the last 25,000 Avios of the 100k for $20k spend offer).

I also like that "any purchase counts" language. It basically reads in my mind, "Hey CVS VR buyers, we mean YOU!"
Old Sep 26, 13, 10:47 am

Chase targeted bonus offers for Q4 2013. BA, WN

Just got an email from Southwest:
This year, reach for your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card for all your holiday shopping, including gifts, dining, and travel...and we'll reward you with 3,000 bonus points.*

It's easy to collect your bonus points:
1 Register your Rapid Rewards® Card by December 15, 2013 with code 9411641376. Call 1-866-913-4992 or enroll
your card here.
2 Use your card whenever you shop and spend $5,000
between October 1 – December 31, 2013.
3 Get 3,000 bonus points in your Rapid Rewards account.
That's in addition to the points you earn on purchases!

Check whatever email Chase has on file. Mine actually came to my inbox.

Last edited by wc4572; Sep 26, 13 at 10:50 am Reason: Added to title
Old Sep 26, 13, 11:04 am

Programs: BA, LM // HH, CP
Chase BA Visa 5,000 Avios Bonus - Targeted

I got this laughable promotion too =\
oh well
Old Sep 26, 13, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by imslippy View Post
I got this laughable promotion too =\
oh well
I suppose it's laughable to someone who has sock-drawered this card and is hitting min spend on big-bonus cards, but I've still got about $8k I was planning to put on this one anyways to finish off the 100k Avios (no min spend on other cards to meet right now). So I'll take it!
Old Sep 26, 13, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Targeted 5k BA Avios with $5k spend Oct 1-Nov 30

Get closer to your next adventure:

Earn 5,000 Bonus Avios when you spend at least $5,000 on your British Airways Visa® Card from October 1 to November 30, 2013.1

1. Use your card. Spend $5,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa Card during the promotion period. Any purchase counts!

2. Receive 5,000 Bonus Avios. These are in addition to the Avios you earn on every purchase, everyday.

3. Redeem for as little as 9,000 Avios on British Airways and oneworld®. You can redeem roundtrip from London to Dublin for only 9,000 Avios and $55 in taxes, fees and carrier charges.*

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

* The taxes, fees and carrier charges vary according to travel date, carrier and route flown. At time of this publication, the taxes, fees and carrier charges from London to Dublin are $55 roundtrip per adult in economy.

All British Airways reward flights and travel together tickets are subject to taxes, fees and carrier charges ranging from approximately $682-1250 per adult in economy or $1250 in business class based on travel from US gateways to London. Visit ba.com for more information.

1 You will qualify for and receive your bonus if you make Purchases with your credit card that total an amount at or above the specified target amount during the promotional period. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after the last day of the promotional period for bonus Avios to post to your account. ("Purchases" do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) Credit card product changes during the promotional period will forfeit this bonus offer. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable and applies only to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced in this offer.

ABOUT THIS MESSAGE:
This promotional message was sent to you as a Chase customer to provide information about products, services, or special offers that may be of interest to you.

wife got this, not me. both had BA 100k CC since July 2011
Old Sep 26, 13, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
I got WN and Hyatt promotions so far.
Old Sep 26, 13, 2:29 pm

I got a similar bonus for my Chase Hyatt card:

"From October 1 through December 31, 2013, spend $3,000 or more on purchases and get 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points – in addition to the points you would already earn."
Old Sep 26, 13, 6:20 pm

I got 6k Hyatt points for $6k spend. I'm sure I will do it since I am always happy to get bonus Hyatt points.
Old Sep 26, 13, 8:19 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Whatever, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Got the WN offer but would have preferred the Hyatt.
Old Sep 27, 13, 10:34 am

If you really want this bonus, you can call them (number on back of card) and ask them to send you the offer. They will provide you a code to activate the bonus offer.
Old Sep 30, 13, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by MikeBuzzsaw View Post
If you really want this bonus, you can call them (number on back of card) and ask them to send you the offer. They will provide you a code to activate the bonus offer.
Thank you
Old Oct 1, 13, 11:50 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Whatever, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Just tried this and was rejected. CS rep said I had to have been a Hyatt cardholder for at least 12 months to qualify for the offer. Looks like all my spend is going on my Southwest card this fall.
Old Oct 1, 13, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I have had my Hyatt account since 2011, but I still did not receive a bonus offer when I called.
Old Oct 1, 13, 7:14 pm

Programs: Chairman USAirways, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United Global Serv, Hertz Presidents
No go for me

I called today and I have been a cardholder since the start and a Lifetime Diamond member. I was told by the agent that she would send an email about this and follow up with me before the end of the week. I will let you all know what I hear back. I have never been given any bonus offers on the card other then at sign up. I charge only stays at Hyatt to this card. Does anyone have the bonus offer code or anything we can call and speak of? Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: