Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Plus & Ink Bold -- MC and Visa different products?

Chase Ink Plus & Ink Bold -- MC and Visa different products?

Old Sep 12, 13, 8:56 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 79
Chase Ink Plus & Ink Bold -- MC and Visa different products?

Did a search here and couldn't find a definitive answer to the following. Please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.

Chase Ink Plus & Ink Bold chaged from Mastercard to Visa a few months ago. I was wondering if the Visa cards are considered "different products" from the Mastercard cards. I know this was previously the case with the Sapphire cards, and I would suspect the same is true with these Ink Plus & Ink Bold cards but wanted to see if anyone had tried this or had any explicit confirmation.

Thanks in advance.
flyer1990 is offline  
Old Sep 12, 13, 11:34 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: LAX
Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 290
I would love to know this too...
romsdeals3 is offline  
Old Sep 12, 13, 12:02 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 747
Very curious to this as well
nrdk is offline  
Old Sep 12, 13, 12:03 pm
  #4  
In memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,020
Who knows what Chase's policy is right now?

But, last year I did get INK cards in both MC and Visa flavors and got the 50K bonus for each.

Per info on a blog (was it http://millionmilesecrets.com/?) I applied for Visa INK while I had a couple of MC INKs. Had to use a special link which was found on the MasterCard Association website and which was reached by going through some search thing they had to help you find your "best" card.

I don't recall all the details, but I sure recall getting the extra bonus!

IMHO, Chase is not too concerned with giving out several INK bonuses so long as you let a little time pass and use a differerent business (and different business name) for each app. Indeed, you can even get the charge and installment INKs versions in the same business names.

Looking forward to reports of folks who have applied for different flavors under the new policy.
biggestbopper is offline  
Old Sep 12, 13, 2:28 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Posts: 946
Originally Posted by biggestbopper View Post
Who knows what Chase's policy is right now?

But, last year I did get INK cards in both MC and Visa flavors and got the 50K bonus for each.

Per info on a blog (was it http://millionmilesecrets.com/?) I applied for Visa INK while I had a couple of MC INKs. Had to use a special link which was found on the MasterCard Association website and which was reached by going through some search thing they had to help you find your "best" card.

I don't recall all the details, but I sure recall getting the extra bonus!

IMHO, Chase is not too concerned with giving out several INK bonuses so long as you let a little time pass and use a differerent business (and different business name) for each app. Indeed, you can even get the charge and installment INKs versions in the same business names.

Looking forward to reports of folks who have applied for different flavors under the new policy.
Ok totally lost you on this post.. Visa ink is a recent product.. please elaborate ..
iqbalt80 is offline  
Old Sep 12, 13, 4:05 pm
  #6  
In memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,020
Okay, my memory is fading. It was, I think now, a Sapphire Preferred Card which was available last year And, looking back at the records from the last app (Jan 2013) turns out I had already had the Visa and applied for MC which I got and also got the bonus.

Sorry for the confusion and my bad memory.
biggestbopper is offline  
Old Sep 12, 13, 4:13 pm
  #7  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 40,279
Originally Posted by iqbalt80 View Post
. Visa ink is a recent product..
A VISA version of INK has been available since at least mid-2012. See this post, and other discussion in the same thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18912597-post4.html
mia is offline  
Old Sep 12, 13, 9:00 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 79
mia,

Thanks for sharing that -- that is useful information. Has anyone confirmed that the visa and mastercard versions are, in fact, treated as separate products (as is the case with Sapphire)? Given that the Ink has been around since at least mid-2012 as you stated, I'm a bit surprised that I haven't seen anything regarding this particular topic. If I were a betting man, I would have to think that these are treated as different products, again, since they are with the Sapphire. Even at 5K spend, 50K UR is a very attractive offer. Thanks again for your input.
flyer1990 is offline  
Old Sep 13, 13, 8:14 pm
  #9  
In memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,020
Gosh, IMHO, the bloggers often provide valuable info in timely fashion. I read a couple just about every day.

Anyhow, been thinking a bit more about OP's original question and my conclusion is that it doesn't matter. Because you can pretty much get a whole lot of INK cards whether or not Visa and MC are considered by Chase to be the same or different products.

I have several recent active INKs, including a Visa INK plus which just came a few days ago. Each one is in a different business name. Apparently, that is all it takes to get several INKs.

Dansdeals.com has a Sept 8, 2013 post this where he mentions that he has six INKs with different business names.

I feel as though, maybe, I don't have enough.

Interestingly, I keep getting US Mail apps for INKs from Chase in the names of businesses which are exactly the same as the names and addresses I used for Citi AA biz cards years ago. I presume this means Chase is buying lists of closed business card holders from Citi or list brokers for marketing.
biggestbopper is offline  
Old Sep 13, 13, 9:23 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,106
Originally Posted by biggestbopper View Post
Gosh, IMHO, the bloggers often provide valuable info in timely fashion. I read a couple just about every day.

Anyhow, been thinking a bit more about OP's original question and my conclusion is that it doesn't matter. Because you can pretty much get a whole lot of INK cards whether or not Visa and MC are considered by Chase to be the same or different products.

I have several recent active INKs, including a Visa INK plus which just came a few days ago. Each one is in a different business name. Apparently, that is all it takes to get several INKs.

Dansdeals.com has a Sept 8, 2013 post this where he mentions that he has six INKs with different business names.

I feel as though, maybe, I don't have enough.

Interestingly, I keep getting US Mail apps for INKs from Chase in the names of businesses which are exactly the same as the names and addresses I used for Citi AA biz cards years ago. I presume this means Chase is buying lists of closed business card holders from Citi or list brokers for marketing.
It seems like playing a dangerous game if you acquire so many of the same CCs for business since I don't know the implications are especially if you are applying as a sole petitioner. Chase business line told me that they report to Dunn & Bradstreet (real business credit bureau...you can buy the reports for ~$150, ~$120 & ~$60). I googled about it, and it seemed like Chase Business CC reporting to DnS is a common knowledge unlike AMEX Business CC. AMEX does not report to any business credit bureau.

By the way, there is one confirmation of getting sign up bonuses on Ink Plus MC and Ink Plus VISA in the comment section of the following blog.

http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthew...an-mastercard/

Last edited by vagrants; Sep 13, 13 at 9:30 pm
vagrants is offline  
Old Sep 14, 13, 1:11 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 270
Would be nice to see if it is another form of offer.
TKKY is offline  
Old Sep 14, 13, 7:40 pm
  #12  
In memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,020
Originally Posted by vagrants View Post
It seems like playing a dangerous game if you acquire so many of the same CCs for business since I don't know the implications are especially if you are applying as a sole petitioner. Chase business line told me that they report to Dunn & Bradstreet (real business credit bureau...you can buy the reports for ~$150, ~$120 & ~$60). I googled about it, and it seemed like Chase Business CC reporting to DnS is a common knowledge unlike AMEX Business CC. AMEX does not report to any business credit bureau.
http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthew...an-mastercard/
As far as I can tell there is no danger whatsoever in getting business cards for different businesses. As to D&B, who cares. I don't worry for an instant about their credit info about me and my businesses, if there is any.

Only contact I ever have with D&B is when they send me mail about how I should provide them with financial info about me so they can sell it. Never had provided the info, probably never will.

IMHO, D&B is running off an obsolete business model and will not be around much longer if they stick with it.

Dear Vagrants, if you don't, as you say, know anything about the danger, why spread FUD?
biggestbopper is offline  
Old Sep 14, 13, 9:12 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,106
Originally Posted by biggestbopper View Post
As far as I can tell there is no danger whatsoever in getting business cards for different businesses. As to D&B, who cares. I don't worry for an instant about their credit info about me and my businesses, if there is any.

Only contact I ever have with D&B is when they send me mail about how I should provide them with financial info about me so they can sell it. Never had provided the info, probably never will.

IMHO, D&B is running off an obsolete business model and will not be around much longer if they stick with it.

Dear Vagrants, if you don't, as you say, know anything about the danger, why spread FUD?
So, you attack? As I said, "I don't know the implication." In my mind, it's dangerous to play with unknown. Do a lot of people know Chase Business CCs report to DnB? I don't remember reading that here or blogs. I assumed that they report to EX-, EQ-, TU- business divisions, but that was incorrect.

Since you know a lot, please tell me or guide me to where to find answers to my question. If you apply as a sole and dont' have EIN, and what Chase told me was true, what does DnB have for people applied as a sole? I know with simple business search on the DnB, whatever name I used for my business name on my Ink does not show up due to no registered business.

And, if they change the business model, then what? What if Chase changes the reporting business bureau, then what?

Last edited by vagrants; Sep 14, 13 at 9:30 pm
vagrants is offline  
Old Sep 16, 13, 1:03 am
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Madison, WI, USA
Posts: 13,937
Originally Posted by satz View Post
The bloggers cannot wait to find out too so they can shill those Chase Ink cards..
This is simple bigotry on your part, conferring negatives onto a group of people that you don't know.
PaulMSN is offline  
Old Sep 17, 13, 10:38 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: RDU
Posts: 804
Originally Posted by satz View Post
The bloggers cannot wait to find out too so they can shill those Chase Ink cards..
Based on the actual behavior of several bloggers, I suspect that this is simply the truth. Hateful venom and bigotry, sheesh...
MarkMColo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: