Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Plus & Ink Bold -- MC and Visa different products?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Ink Plus & Ink Bold -- MC and Visa different products?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2013, 4:38 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Originally Posted by MarkMColo
Originally Posted by satz
The bloggers cannot wait to find out too so they can shill those Chase Ink cards..
Based on the actual behavior of several bloggers, I suspect that this is simply the truth. Hateful venom and bigotry, sheesh...
+1
Old Sep 21, 2013, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
... you can pretty much get a whole lot of INK cards whether or not Visa and MC are considered by Chase to be the same or different products.

I have several recent active INKs, including a Visa INK plus which just came a few days ago. Each one is in a different business name. Apparently, that is all it takes to get several INKs.
I only have one business with INK cards. I've been thinking about starting a couple more businesses. It would be nice to have INK cards for them. Does Chase have any minimum amount of time that a business needs to be open to get approved for an INK card?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: US Gold • SPG Gold
Well - this thread got a little heated!
Hard to critique the entire blog-o-sphere when they're all different.
And like most anything, some are better than others obviously.
While there's no doubt some are in it for the cc links, others are pretty informative.
And some are plenty active on here!

Anyway - just got a snailmail targeted offer for the Plus today.
And - thanks to a valid point made by gleff, I'm going for the Bold first.
Possibly easier to justify the pay-over-time as justification for a Plus app down the road.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 5:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat,SPG-Plat,Hertz-PC
Originally Posted by ddallas
I only have one business with INK cards. I've been thinking about starting a couple more businesses. It would be nice to have INK cards for them. Does Chase have any minimum amount of time that a business needs to be open to get approved for an INK card?
Some people get their ink card with their newly set up business. It all depend up to your credit report. But if you are opening couple of businesses solely to get Ink card bonus, then it may not last long.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 6:02 pm

Programs: A few
So who is going to take one for the team and sign up for one of the Ink cards again and see if they get a double dip on the bonus?

I also recall an MMS post on double-dipping on different businesses. Might just have to try that. You can never have enough Ultimate Rewards.

And yeah take the blogger bashing to EMPR forum, or over to gdapop's blog where you can cry and whinge with fellow cryers and whiners
Old Oct 1, 2013, 1:31 pm

Ink Plus/ Ink Bold- type of card?

Naive ? I know, but is this a Visa, MC, Amex, or what?

I want to know how easy it will be to use the card, since the spending limit on the promo is fairly high. It's much easier to use Visa/MC than others. The photo of the card on their page does not show what kind of card it is.

Also, these can be transferred 1:1 into points with any of their partners, correct?

Thanks.

protag.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 1:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Ink cards are available in both MasterCard and VISA versions. Chase decides which network to use, unless you start the application process from an ad on mastercard.com or visa.com.

Ultimate Rewards transfers 1:1 to these partners:

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?...wards-transfer

Last edited by mia; Oct 3, 2013 at 10:17 am Reason: Remove circular link after merging
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:54 pm

Great...Thanks, Mia!
Old Oct 23, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by vagrants
I googled about it, and it seemed like Chase Business CC reporting to DnS is a common knowledge unlike AMEX Business CC. AMEX does not report to any business credit bureau.
AMEX doesn't report to D&B because if you've ever dealt with D&B, you'd know how terrible a company it is. They're losing relevance fast.

But the above is not true. Our AMEX BizPlat reports to EQ Biz. And Chase pulls EQ Biz for Ink products in some cases (depending on your business type).
Old Oct 23, 2013, 6:24 pm

I have both the M/C versions of the Bold and the Plus cards, business ones. I applied for and received the Bold Visa, hit my spend in September and have my 50,000 points already so YES it can be done. I got emailed confirmation that this would apply to my new card prior to doing so and also put almost $20,000 a month on the card so this may have had a bearing. And, I have a total of 8 Chase cards, business and personal combined.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Any new data points on the Chase INK cards being issued as a new product (Visa)? Are they all being issued as a VISA now or is Chase making the decision between the Visa and MasterCard?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
DATA POINT

Father has a chase slate MC just tried applying for slate visa. They said he could NOT since he already has the MC slate.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by ac921ol
DATA POINT

Father has a chase slate MC just tried applying for slate visa. They said he could NOT since he already has the MC slate.
Getting Visa after MC or vice-versa has always been contingent upon closing old card or converting to another product. There have many such reports for Sapphire Preferred while the MC was still available.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by michael_v
Getting Visa after MC or vice-versa has always been contingent upon closing old card or converting to another product. There have many such reports for Sapphire Preferred while the MC was still available.
Nope... I just got approved for a new Ink Plus Visa, and still have an Ink Plus MC open. Both in same "business" name, which is just me as sole prop.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Nope... I just got approved for a new Ink Plus Visa, and still have an Ink Plus MC open. Both in same "business" name, which is just me as sole prop.
Please let us know whether you get the sign-up bonus on the new Visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.