Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Yes, of course.
does the 50k offer have the 24 month language as well or is this one churnable? Also is there a business version of this card?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:20 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
There is no business version of the BAEC card. Chase issues only five business cards, all are listed here:

https://www.chase.com/online/busines....htm?CELL=6TKX
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ChuckMango
does the 50k offer have the 24 month language as well or is this one churnable? Also is there a business version of this card?
All chase cards have the 24 month language.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by mia
There is no business version of the BAEC card. Chase issues only five business cards, all are listed here:

https://www.chase.com/online/busines....htm?CELL=6TKX
I think, actually, there are at least six business cards:
Ink Cash
Ink Plus
Marriott
Southwest
United Explorer
United Club
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by CynthiaD
So clearly the link works (for now). Did you happen to verify the 50,000 bonus and AF waiver? I would really like to know before wasting a cc application and credit pull. Thanks!
I have now verified the bonus on the link in the thread for the waived annual fee version. I wish I'd have signed up using this version myself, I want to earn the 1.25x Avios per dollar for a year!

Thank you for contacting Chase with your inquiries.

Your enrollment bonus offer is for 50,000 Avios after
$2,000 in spending the first three months.

This account earns 2.5 Avios per $1 in spending on British
Air ticket purchases and 1.25 Avios per $1 on all other
transactions.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:30 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...want to earn the 1.25x Avios per dollar for a year!
Any confirmation that Chase is honoring that feature?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
I have now verified the bonus on the link in the thread for the waived annual fee version. I wish I'd have signed up using this version myself, I want to earn the 1.25x Avios per dollar for a year!
Originally Posted by mia
Any confirmation that Chase is honoring that feature?
That would be VERY surprising given that they just eliminated it from all their existing card holders! Please let us know after you get your 1st statement.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by BOSOGG
That would be VERY surprising given that they just eliminated it from all their existing card holders! Please let us know after you get your 1st statement.
I have it in writing. It is not surprising at all as Chase cannot negative change the card for the first 12 months, so I will earn the 1.25x rate for the first 12 months, then see it drop to 1x about the time that the annual fee posts.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:33 pm
Suspended

I have it in writing. It is not surprising at all as Chase cannot negative change the card for the first 12 months, so I will earn the 1.25x rate for the first 12 months, then see it drop to 1x about the time that the annual fee posts.
Would one of you who signed up for this offer please post a followup after your first statement so we can update the wiki as necessary? Thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
i also signed up for the BA card a couple of days ago using the link above that said 1.25x for ever dollar. I also was able to get them to match the 100k bonus point offer through secure message. I shouldn't be paying the fee the first year as that wasn't in the terms. lots of win.

edit: and this is shown in my chase account when i click on 'reward details':

note this is only 2.5x pts for $ spent on BA. the new terms say 3x. but i don't plan on buying many BA flights w/all these points!

Last edited by odin99; Oct 6, 2015 at 6:06 pm
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Hi everyone, I applied for the BA card more than 24 months ago (about three years ago) and still own the card by paying annual fee. With the new offer now, can I really for the card since I received bonus more than 24 months ago?

Or I should first cancel the card then apply? If so how long should I wait so it doesn't seem like I just can cancel the card and then reapply right away? Thanks for any tip and comment. Good luck and have a great day
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Hi everyone, I applied for the BA card more than 24 months ago (about three years ago) and still own the card by paying annual fee. With the new offer now, can I really for the card since I received bonus more than 24 months ago?

Or I should first cancel the card then apply? If so how long should I wait so it doesn't seem like I just can cancel the card and then reapply right away? Thanks for any tip and comment. Good luck and have a great day
I've had success in closing and immediately applying. The won't give you two ba cards, so you'll have to close first.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold

It's pretty simple, if you have not gotten the bouns in 24 months, then you are eligable for the bouns again. Transfer your credit line to another chase card before you cancel the first BA card. I would also wait a couple of daye before reapplying.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:33 am
Suspended

Or I should first cancel the card then apply? If so how long should I wait so it doesn't seem like I just can cancel the card and then reapply right away? Thanks for any tip and comment.
The section in the wiki labeled Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? could in theory provide useful guidance.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:51 am

no annual fee link seems dead now was just gonna apply

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.