FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Freedom 5% Merchant Categories (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1480434-chase-freedom-5-merchant-categories.html)

FlightNurse Oct 6, 2013 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Diffus (Post 21564899)
My local Kohl's (Fort Worth) has a rack of gift cards, but I haven't been in a few weeks and couldn't say what they're for -- probably lots of restaurants such as Chili's and Olive Garden, plus iTunes. Great for Christmas gifts, not so great for personal use (at least for me).

I have been in many Kohls and never seen VGC's just a lot of Kohl, starbucks, and like GC... I think at one time they had VGC,

chuckywang Oct 7, 2013 11:07 am

Originally Posted by ToneDaBass (Post 21516129)
Just buy $1500 worth of gift cards for Amazon from Amazon, then do all of your Christmas shopping on Amazon this year.

I get Amazon gift cards for 15-20% off, so doing that will actually lose me money.

exmike Oct 7, 2013 11:33 am

Originally Posted by chuckywang (Post 21568255)
I get Amazon gift cards for 15-20% off, so doing that will actually lose me money.

and how do you do that? seems you could make a pretty penny reselling merchandise form amazon then

chuckywang Oct 7, 2013 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by exmike (Post 21568424)
and how do you do that? seems you could make a pretty penny reselling merchandise form amazon then

Eh, with how eBay fees are now, it's not worth the effort. I would prefer keeping the method of buying Amazon gift cards on the down-low as I don't want this to get exploited by many people.

nookanaya Oct 8, 2013 12:05 am

Originally Posted by chuckywang (Post 21568912)
I would prefer keeping the method of buying Amazon gift cards on the down-low as I don't want this to get exploited by many people.

So... why even bring it up in the first place?

chuckywang Oct 8, 2013 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by nookanaya (Post 21571852)
So... why even bring it up in the first place?

Just to let people know it can be done. Those who are dedicated can research it for themselves. Also to put a rest to the myth that "Amazon credit is just like cash"

cowboyguy Oct 20, 2013 9:14 am

Someone in the MS forum says Freedom doesn't earn quarterly bonus on AP.

Any tips on how to maximize Freedom Q4 bonus through MS?

FlightNurse Oct 20, 2013 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by cowboyguy (Post 21637803)

All depends on the quarter bonus that is happening. Last quarter was gas stations, just had to find a station that sold VGC's and it was easy.. Hint... 7-11's but that got shot down early in that quarter... But it is doable.

healthnut Oct 20, 2013 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by cowboyguy (Post 21637803)

I think your best bet is going to be purchasing Amazon gift cards that you can use throughout the next year.

No simply MS that will allow you to transfer money back to your bank account or CC; however, it will be very useful if you use Amazon as much as I do!

exmike Oct 23, 2013 11:02 pm

unfortunately for most people that frequent this forum, we already have a chase ink classic/bold/plus that ears 5% buying amazon GCs at office supply stores so from a MS standpoint this quarter blows

lacuadra Oct 24, 2013 11:00 pm

Chase Freedom 5% Merchant Categories

Amazon is my favorite store. Reliable, easy, very competitive and no taxes. Just saved 118 usd on a large purchase.

healthnut Oct 25, 2013 6:50 am

Originally Posted by exmike (Post 21659299)
unfortunately for most people that frequent this forum, we already have a chase ink classic/bold/plus that ears 5% buying amazon GCs at office supply stores so from a MS standpoint this quarter blows

I'm going to try to find GC at my nearest Sears.

Supposedly they have some secret GC racks around...

FlightNurse Oct 25, 2013 10:07 am

Originally Posted by healthnut (Post 21666510)
I'm going to try to find GC at my nearest Sears.

Supposedly they have some secret GC racks around...

Urban myth? I would assume that if this was true, there would be a thread on it on FT...

healthnut Oct 25, 2013 10:37 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 21667585)
Urban myth? I would assume that if this was true, there would be a thread on it on FT...

Nope, not an urban myth at all. It's all over the blog world, it is just usually hard to find. IE on one side there will be Sears GC, and then Visa's on the back, but rarely people know to look behind or on the other side of the Sears GCs.

Some Sears do not even have the GC rack.

There's much talk about it in various threads in the manufactured spending forum.

xelnaga Oct 26, 2013 11:08 am

Do you guys know if its possible to buy apple products on the amazon website and get the 5% fall bonus category?