Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancellation Strategy for Chase Ink

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2013, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Cancellation Strategy for Chase Ink

A strategy might not even be needed, but I have a SW business card that I've had for a year and only put the min spend on. I want to apply for the Chase Ink, should I cancel the SW card first or roll the dice and see what the reconsideration agents do once/if i get denied for the Ink?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 4:42 am

I would pay off the old card (but not close) and apply for the new card first.

If the card is denied, call the reconsideration line and ask if they will approve the new card if you transfer the credit limit from the old card to the new card.

If the new card is automatically approved, I would call customer service to move the credit limit from the old card to the new card and then cancel the old card.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 6:52 am

I was in same position. I applied and received the INK while the seldom used SW card was still active. Was not immediately approved but was approved after about five days. I am using this card for phone, internet/cable & office supply purchases (used a LOT this week at OM!). SW card still open but will cancel shortly.

There is a 60k bonus this week for the INK cards so I would do this soon.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.