Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Dead]Increased Chase Ink Bonus 6/16-6/22 (Small Business Week)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Click HERE for a directory of Chase telephone numbers and discussion of Chase card application policies and practices,
Print Wikipost

[Dead]Increased Chase Ink Bonus 6/16-6/22 (Small Business Week)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
Is the recon line open on the weekends?
No. I called the biz recon line and got a recording with M-F only hours
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by webazoid
Where did u direct ur sm to? I sent it to 'rewards' and 'ur inquiry' and was told i would have decision in a few days.
Just got the same message... We'll see.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador
I have both bold ink and bold plus (both are mastercard) already. Can I apply for bold plus visa as a different product? Does anyone have the link? Thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
One more question, is it easier to get approved for the Ink Bold vs the Ink Plus?
I'm curious about this also since the Ink Bold is a charge card.

I know with AMEX, charge cards are much easier to get approved for than credit cards.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum
What do you guys usually say with the Chase recon rep when you have one of the Ink bold/plus card already but want to get the other one? I have the Plus now and want to get the bold with this extra bonus...
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:07 pm

Does the Bold card have a higher chance of instant approval than the Plus? Also, what do you guys think of my chances with a credit score of 720, avg age 2 yrs, and a Chase Freedom in Mar 2013. Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by pork1781
What do you guys usually say with the Chase recon rep when you have one of the Ink bold/plus card already but want to get the other one? I have the Plus now and want to get the bold with this extra bonus...
With personal cards I didn't have to give a rationale - just adjust credit lines.

You could always say you buy a lot of broccoli in your business and want to keep the broccoli charges separate.

I was going to downgrade Bold to Classic because of overlap with CSP and saw the mileage bonus and decided to just get the Classic as a new card. I plan to tell the truth if asked.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by pork1781
ink bold is charge card and ink plus is credit card. Say you are responsible with funds and want flexibility of charge card compared to limit of credit card.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by jasonvr
No. I called the biz recon line and got a recording with M-F only hours
I feel bad for those people tomorrow, all the bloggers directing them to call instantly!

When I applied late last year, I was not approved instantly (seemingly nobody is), but was approved within 3-4 days without having to call recon. Don't listen to the bloggers who simply want to line up their commissions a few days sooner, wait a few days and avoid the call! Instant approval isn't everything in this game .
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Just checked out the front page of Boarding Area, and there is a grand total of nine peddlers already. If you throw in MMS, it brings it up to an even ten. I'd say the affiliate links already went out.

I'm all for the free market, but ten posts is a little excessive. It'd be like CVS throwing a location up on every corner of an intersection. Wait, that one might not actually be that bad of an idea...
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by metoo
EVERY Chase card was expedited delivery for me. I called to confirm the approval of my credit card then asked to have it expedited. As I recall, two days for delivery. And I also called as soon as I received the approval status online or having to talk to Reconsideration dept.
Thanks for the tip. I was instantly approved on-line. Then called and spoke with a CSR supervisor who said Chase has a policy of not rushing the original card...but I could (and did) request a secondary card that will arrive in 2 business days. Odd, but I'll take it...
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by TheChallenge
Just checked out the front page of Boarding Area, and there is a grand total of nine peddlers already. If you throw in MMS, it brings it up to an even ten. I'd say the affiliate links already went out.

I'm all for the free market, but ten posts is a little excessive. It'd be like CVS throwing a location up on every corner of an intersection. Wait, that one might not actually be that bad of an idea...
it could be worst. i.e. someone posting deal on fw or sd. on sd alone, it's front page with 200+ replies. i feel bad for the chase employees coming in on monday.

Last edited by webazoid; Jun 16, 2013 at 1:50 pm
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:39 pm

FWIW, only MMS published his blog post before his affiliate links went live. All others (ie: BoardingArea bloggers) waited until after their affiliate links were live.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
FWIW, only MMS published his blog post before his affiliate links went live. All others (ie: BoardingArea bloggers) waited until after their affiliate links were live.
Can also confirm this.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I feel bad for those people tomorrow, all the bloggers directing them to call instantly!

When I applied late last year, I was not approved instantly (seemingly nobody is), but was approved within 3-4 days without having to call recon. Don't listen to the bloggers who simply want to line up their commissions a few days sooner, wait a few days and avoid the call! Instant approval isn't everything in this game .
I actually like to know as soon as I can. Also, sometimes it is easier to get a rep to approve an app that has not yet decided, rather than asking them to reverse a denial.

I will say I like Rapid Travel Chai's approach: "Yes, I have Chase Ink Offer Too."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.