FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1474409-united-mileageplus-explorer-business-card-various-offers-up-100k.html)

DOUDOU1980 Jun 9, 2013 11:10 am

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

It seems that there is no united business card thread here. I really enjoy this card. Here is some details:

50000 united miles after $1000, in chase website, it shows 30000 miles. If you send chase SECURE message to match the best offer, they will give you 50000. My friend and i both got 50000 through this way. YMMV

update: thanks patter88:

"I went to the united site, clicked link for united explorer business, got landing page for 30K offer, clicked tab for Mileageplus Club business card got offer for $0 first year, clicked tab back to explorer business and boom 50K offer W/2K spend in 3months + the 10K after 25K."

Some people log into their united mileage account and find the 50k offer. YMMV

Plus, earn 10,000 bonus miles every calendar year you spend at least $25,000 on your Card.

Everything else is almost same as united explorer personal card. You got 2 united lounge passes and double mile on united....

Except 2 miles for each $1 spent at restaurants, gas stations, and office supply store.

It is not big deal but help me hit 25000 spending bonus.

Overall it is a nice card.

LetsGoToo Jun 9, 2013 12:45 pm

United business card: 50k+10k united miles

Thanks for the information. I've been thinking about getting this card and hadn't heard about getting 50k miles for it. The 2x categories are attractive, too.

nwflyboy Jun 9, 2013 1:05 pm

Must be no referrals for this card available for bloggers...otherwise we would have been hearing about it every other day...

LetsGoToo Jun 9, 2013 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy (Post 20892390)
Must be no referrals for this card available for bloggers...otherwise we would have been hearing about it every other day...

I'm sure they'd say that the Ink cards are better because of the ability to transfer to United.

satman40 Jun 9, 2013 1:15 pm

The Ink Card is better
5X on office supplies, cable and cell phone bills,
and you are not just stuck with United, WN and many Hotels are there also
Chase Banks do offer 50k, at the bank...
It cost the same FC, and the options are far better.
We have both.

Bttc Jun 9, 2013 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by satman40 (Post 20892431)
The Ink Card is better
5X on office supplies, cable and cell phone bills,
and you are not just stuck with United, WN and many Hotels are there also
Chase Banks do offer 50k, at the bank...
It cost the same FC, and the options are far better.
We have both.

Well, the ink is 5K within 3 months, which is a bit high for a minimum spend. At least for my personal circumstances, 1K is significantly more manageable.

MrMoonlight Jun 9, 2013 2:34 pm

When do you send them the sm? Do you apply first and then ask for the 50k?

patter98 Jun 9, 2013 2:41 pm

Interested as well. Guessing its after approval and then your taking a chance.

patter98 Jun 9, 2013 2:47 pm

Well that was odd. I went to the united site, clicked link for united explorer business, got landing page for 30K offer, clicked tab for Mileageplus Club business card got offer for $0 first year, clicked tab back to explorer business and boom 50K offer W/2K spend in 3months + the 10K after 25K.

Not sure if this will work for everyone?

Daniel on the way Jun 9, 2013 7:11 pm

United business card: 50k+10k united miles

I got the same offer of 50k after the first statement close. Just send a secure message, it is easy. Chase is glad to match you best offer.

muji Jun 9, 2013 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by patter98 (Post 20892813)
...clicked link for united explorer business, got landing page for 30K offer, clicked tab for Mileageplus Club business card...clicked tab back to explorer business and boom 50K offer...Not sure if this will work for everyone.

You are a lucky one.
Didn't work for me.

muji Jun 9, 2013 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980 (Post 20891880)
50000 united miles after $1000, in chase website, it shows 30000 miles. If you send chase SECURE message to match the best offer, they will give you 50000.

So, did you first send them a secure message asking for the 50,000-mile offer, then you applied via the link that stated 30,000 miles...or did you apply first for the 30,000-mile offer, then asked them to up the miles to 50,000?

intenex Jun 9, 2013 8:37 pm

Muji, I believe you can try applying for the card and then sending a Secure Message. I did this for my mother last May for the personal card and they bumped her offer from 30k to 60k. I think it's their policy to bump people up to the best offer when requested.

Question to you all: do you happen to know if it's possible to get this bonus if I've already had the Personal United MileagePlus card? Got the personal card last May for 60k points and just cancelled this April.

Just got the Ink Plus card too, so not sure if Chase would approve me for the Business United Plus if I do it right now too. Any thoughts on this front too? Also I generally don't use cards once I've hit the signup bonus...anyone have any idea when Chase starts to shut down accounts for exploiting signup bonuses?

It's likely I'll be cancelling both cards in a year if I get them both (Ink Plus and United Business), before the annual fee.

muji Jun 9, 2013 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by intenex (Post 20894109)
Do you happen to know if it's possible to get this bonus if I've already had the Personal United MileagePlus card?

The personal and business versions are considered to be "different products", so yes, you can get a bonus for each of them.

Originally Posted by intenex (Post 20894109)
I generally don't use cards once I've hit the signup bonus...anyone have any idea when Chase starts to shut down accounts for exploiting signup bonuses?

As for not using the cards once a signup bonus is received, there is nothing in the rules against that, but I use any cards I have at least once every few months in the belief that this will make it look like I am applying for the cards for the purpose of actually using them somewhat regularly (not just to get the bonuses). This may not be necessary, but it's easy enough to do, so I do so in order to keep in the good graces of the card-issuing companies.

DOUDOU1980 Jun 10, 2013 2:13 am

Originally Posted by muji (Post 20894076)
So, did you first send them a secure message asking for the 50,000-mile offer, then you applied via the link that stated 30,000 miles...or did you apply first for the 30,000-mile offer, then asked them to up the miles to 50,000?

I sent them secure message after the first statement close. And I applied for this card through 30000 miles link on the chase.com.