Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
Thanks for the link. But how do I know this is the 50,000 bonus miles offer? I don't see it listed anywhere..
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
I just snagged this deal. I did the trick to click on the Club Card and then switch back. The rep confirmed the 50k after 2k spend. Thanks OP.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by whatmakes
Thanks for the link. But how do I know this is the 50,000 bonus miles offer? I don't see it listed anywhere..
It won't be anywhere, just like the personal card trick from that thread. Until it can be verified, its for people who are willing to apply anyway because they don't get a 50k offer and worst case, send in a SM to try to match the 50k offer. Hopefully someone tries it, gets instant approval, and then calls to verify the offer and we'll know.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:44 am

Chase is offering 50k miles in their branch with $2k spend. I'm wondering if it's better just to apply there and get the offer.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:50 am

Chase is offering 50k miles in their branch with $2k spend. I'm wondering if it's better just to apply there and get the offer.
On the business card? Sounds like you are referring to the personal card.

If you follow the instructions here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...redit-111.html

you'll get the personal card offer for 1k spend. Countless people in that thread have used the method in post 1654 there and received the bonus miles, myself included, without a landing page for the offer. If you feel better hitting a branch, nothing wrong with that.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by jsmithv
On the business card? Sounds like you are referring to the personal card.

If you follow the instructions here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...redit-111.html

you'll get the personal card offer for 1k spend. Countless people in that thread have used the method in post 1654 there and received the bonus miles, myself included, without a landing page for the offer. If you feel better hitting a branch, nothing wrong with that.
But the mileage is now only 50k (not 65 like the original post says, right?)
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't make it show up. Both accounts have recent activities - either from UR transfer or from e-Reward transfer. Both had personal cards that were gone almost a year. Both accounts have over 400K miles.

So activity is not a factor. But cannot pin down what is blocking it. Last time had no trouble getting the 50+5 personal card to show up.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:12 am

But the mileage is now only 50k (not 65 like the original post says, right?)
The personal card offer is 50k for 1k spend, get addt'l 5k for adding an AU, then 10k bonus if you spend 25k. you might want to head over to that thread and read the last few pages and ask questions there for that product. good luck,
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Can't make it show up. Both accounts have recent activities - either from UR transfer or from e-Reward transfer. Both had personal cards that were gone almost a year. Both accounts have over 400K miles.

So activity is not a factor. But cannot pin down what is blocking it. Last time had no trouble getting the 50+5 personal card to show up.
I have recent activity and currently have a personal explorer card. My wife has a personal explorer but has no recent activity. I got the offer, my wife didnt. Maybe activity + currently hold personal explorer is a factor.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Happy

Originally Posted by jsmithv
I have recent activity and currently have a personal explorer card. My wife has a personal explorer but has no recent activity. I got the offer, my wife didnt. Maybe activity + currently hold personal explorer is a factor.
I'm Premier Silver but haven't had any activity in just over 6 months and I do get the Bus. offer to show.

Here's the direct link when I get to it (what works for me is to open a Chrome Incognito Window, sign-in to United.com, and then paste this link): https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPBusiness50kAFW.aspx

FWIW, if I don't sign in to United.com, the above link does NOT work (30k offer appears).
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:33 pm

Recent paid flight (< a month)
Transfered from UR to United within the last 6 months
I have the personal card
No status

No offer no matter what I try. Odd
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:39 pm

I got a "we need to review..." message after submitting. Is this SOP or do other people get instant approval?

Also, is it a problem for the business to have 0 employees and $0 revenue? This works fine with Citi (ok, 1 employee, the minimum Citi's menu allows, but $0 revenue) but I don't know about Case.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Platnium, EK Gold, SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
I just applied for and received the personal united card and a chase ink bold in early April. Do you think I would have a chance to get this as well?

Credit Karma shows me at 748
Credit Sesame at 743

My only worry is my consulting biz still is on the back burner revenue wise (fulltime gig is fine) and I just got a personal and biz card in April.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
United business card: 50k+10k united miles

Just try again I played around for a while and finally it popped up. Can send you a screenshot if needed
Old Jun 13, 2013, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Underachiever
I just applied for and received the personal united card and a chase ink bold in early April. Do you think I would have a chance to get this as well?

Credit Karma shows me at 748
Credit Sesame at 743

My only worry is my consulting biz still is on the back burner revenue wise (fulltime gig is fine) and I just got a personal and biz card in April.
Hard to say not knowing all the factors, but if those are all the chase cards you have currently, shouldnt be an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.