Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mtofell
Are the rewards (150K intro, dining/gas categories, etc.) Chase Ultimate Rewards?
No. They are all M+ miles and they will be automatically deposited into your M+ account .

Would I access this card within Chase's website with all my other accounts? (all my business and personal is there and it's REALLY nice to have it all in one place)
Yes.

Would I be able to use the two United lounge passes even if not flying United on a given day?
No. UA, Star Alliance or a contracted partner flights only.
mtofell likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
UA, Star Alliance or a contracted partner flights only.
I've always wondered about that. The fine print says "Same-day boarding pass required," but doesn't elaborate.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 1:15 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....two largest spend bonus categories are gas for company vehicles and dining/restaurants. UBMP offers 2X on those categories and I can't find a Chase card that's the same.
Perhaps you overlooked Chase INK Cash, a business card which is marketed as a cash-back card, but earns Ultimate Rewards points:

Originally Posted by Chase INK Cash
5% cash back
Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year

2% cash back
Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year.

Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn.*
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink...cash?CELL=6RRW

Last edited by mia; Sep 8, 2021 at 1:21 pm
Old Sep 8, 2021, 1:44 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by mia
Perhaps you overlooked Chase INK Cash, a business card which is marketed as a cash-back card, but earns Ultimate Rewards points:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink...cash?CELL=6RRW
Thanks.... yeah, I guess I hadn't seen that one since it's not marketed as a business card (not that it matters, I suppose).

One downside (or maybe two) is that it's just a cash back card so I lose out on the 1.5% CSR gives me when I get UR points and xfer them. Another (kind of) downside is that cash back is boring. I get cash for work everyday. I want some points or something to use towards a vacation, etc.

Funny though, these are the exact same % and categories (but I get the 1.5% kicker on the URs) as my Chase Business Ink Plus that is no longer offered. I guess I'm content for now with that card but some of these sign-up bonuses sure look nice.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by beltway
I've always wondered about that. The fine print says "Same-day boarding pass required," but doesn't elaborate.
It is written under UC's "Club Access":

"Effective November 1, 2019, United Club customers, including members and their guests, and one-time pass holders will need to provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star Alliance or a contracted partner for entry into all United Club locations. Admittance to United Club locations is permitted only at the departure and arrival airports for United, Star Alliance or contracted partner operated flights."
beltway likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 1:59 pm
mia

not marketed as a business card
One downside (or maybe two) is that it's just a cash back card e.
1) All INK cards are business cards.
2) INK Cash is marketed as a cash-back card, but earns Ultimate Rewards points. You can Combine the points earned by INK Cash with the points earned by Sapphire Reserve.
3) Recent comparison of INK Cash with the discontinued INK Plus is here: Keep grandfathered Ink Business Plus or change it?
mtofell likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant
Couldn't find a data point on this. I know with Amex, the flight credits work again with United's Travel Bank charges.

I'm not sure, however, if I charge Travel Bank 7 x $100 if I then get the $100 Chase credit. Anyone know? If not, I'll give it a try.
Do we have any data points re this? I am thinking of giving it a try buying 7x$100 credits since I’m planning to buy a couple of international flights soon. Also, will the baggage benefits apply if I pay using travel bank$ and partially using my UA card?

Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by ngls
Do we have any data points re this? I am thinking of giving it a try buying 7x$100 credits since I’m planning to buy a couple of international flights soon. Also, will the baggage benefits apply if I pay using travel bank$ and partially using my UA card?

Thanks
Just saw this - I never tried it last year, but will this summer right before I buy tickets for next spring. Regarding the baggage benefits, yes, partial pay/TB worked for me. There was a reference to it last summer as well on FM.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
Quick update on this. Buying 7x$100 Travel Bank credits did trigger the $100 statement on the UA business version of the card. Also, partial pay on the Quest + TB did give the extra baggage benefits to both passengers.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Quick update on this. Buying 7x$100 Travel Bank credits did trigger the $100 statement on the UA business version of the card. Also, partial pay on the Quest + TB did give the extra baggage benefits to both passengers.
The UA Biz card has a $100 United benefit??

Never knew...

Is it provided per fiscal year - or card anniversary date?
CarlosACJ55 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:11 pm
mia

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
The UA Biz card has a $100 United benefit??
$100 United travel credit
Enjoy a $100 United travel credit after 7 United flight purchases of $100 or more within each account anniversary year.*
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly.../business.html
CarlosACJ55 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:06 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Does anyone here know the final date to apply for the 150k United Business card offer?
Old Mar 19, 2023, 7:21 am

Thanks for that info!!!

Searched for days to see if this was possible! Do you happen to know if I can get the credit as soon as I get the card or is it a year 2 onward thing? Also can I add to someone else’s travel bank? Also, do you know of any other dps that have done this?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA, Hyatt Globolist, Marriott Pla, Hilton Diamond
With UA business and personal Gateway (no annual fee personal card) combination, it is still egiliable for 5000 annual miles , correct? I have my Biz annual fee posted for more than 1 month ,but haven't seen the milesage posted yet. Any one has experience on this?
Old Apr 3, 2023, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by davidcat86
With UA business and personal Gateway (no annual fee personal card) combination, it is still egiliable for 5000 annual miles , correct? I have my Biz annual fee posted for more than 1 month ,but haven't seen the milesage posted yet. Any one has experience on this?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34983943-post55.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.